• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Belt

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came on strong the final two months of the year, and finished with respectable numbers. In just over 500 at bats, he had 39 doubles and 17 homeruns. A .359 OBP is pretty good too, and that's after a putrid April, May, June. I'm not saying top 10 or anything, but I see (assuming 100 more at bats) him as being better than guys like Rizzo and pushing guys like Cuddyer in 2014...

Would you be happy with him as your 1B in a 15 team league? Or is he still CI material?

I'm probably thinking the latter, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this kid approach his minor league numbers and becoming known as one of the better hitters in the league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a 15 team league i would be happy getting Belt late or cheap... he is good enough, has a full time job, and has the potential to become better still(he is still very young)... If he is my first baseman, then you better have a reason that he is your first baseman- some very good players elsewhere...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a 15 team league i would be happy getting Belt late or cheap... he is good enough, has a full time job, and has the potential to become better still(he is still very young)... If he is my first baseman, then you better have a reason that he is your first baseman- some very good players elsewhere...

:agree:, to all of the above.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belt is a fantastic hitter, but that's a really shitty home ballpark for left-handed power.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these comments are right on.

FYI, in my 1B ranks, I have Belt at 14. I think he is right on the borderline for a 15 team league, but rest assured that there will be teams with weaker 1Bs since others will likely grab 2 in the first couple rounds.

Don't count on grabbing him too late though. I bet he is gone by pick 150 in most competitive leagues.

And yes, I would take him over both Rizzo and Cuddyer.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll like Belt when he's no longer in San Francisco. That park saps the power of players like Belt and he's been jerked around so much by that team that his confidence is shaken and isn't gonna be renewed without a change of scenery.

I did have him ranked higher than Rizzo and Cuddyer, and while he's not a horrible option for first in a 15 team league, I would want better.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these comments are right on.

FYI, in my 1B ranks, I have Belt at 14. I think he is right on the borderline for a 15 team league, but rest assured that there will be teams with weaker 1Bs since others will likely grab 2 in the first couple rounds.

Don't count on grabbing him too late though. I bet he is gone by pick 150 in most competitive leagues.

And yes, I would take him over both Rizzo and Cuddyer.

If rotisserrie i would rather have rizzo than belt... I am not afraid of one stat players in rotisserie... And rizzo is far superior in HRs...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll like Belt when he's no longer in San Francisco. That park saps the power of players like Belt and he's been jerked around so much by that team that his confidence is shaken and isn't gonna be renewed without a change of scenery.

I did have him ranked higher than Rizzo and Cuddyer, and while he's not a horrible option for first in a 15 team league, I would want better.

I think things are probably OK now. They were pretty shitty to him for a bit (fan base moreso than the team too I think) but I think by the end of last year they finally realized what they had and that it was pretty good.

That being said, I don't think he feels like he owes them any favours and will probably be perfectly happy leaving when free agency comes. He's the kind of guy I could see getting signed somewhere with a friendlier park (like maybe Texas or Milwaukee) and suddenly putting up big numbers without actually doing anything differently, followed by the printing of some bullshit narrative about him finally coming into his own somewhere that suits his personality better.

As some admittedly flimsy evidence of how AT&T crushes his numbers, he was an MVP candidate on my sim league team last year and I'm expecting that he will be this year too.