• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady's Best Attribute

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure we can debate for a long time about the long list of his strengths and the short list of his weaknesses. The one strength that surpasses all others and attributed more to the dynasty (dynasties?)...

Not being greedy. No team can win without a team and him accepting less allowed others to get some more as well set a tone for others to not be greedy too.

Of course I'm using the term "greedy" loosely since both Brady and other could have easily made more in an open market.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His intelligence.

Not outright booksmart IQ, although that is certainly high as well, but his down to earth, commonsense, street smarts.
He knows the deal.
He knows what he wants, he knows what it will take, he knows what to do.
Then he does it.
He knows to be patient.
He knows to be aggressive.
He knows what he's worth.
He knows where sacrifices will benefit him.
He knows to put in extra effort.
He knows people.
He knows how to be human.

And he remembers everything.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He married Giselle and somehow keeps her loving him more each day.

He had a rare cognizant ability to read and dissect a football defense in less three seconds.

Somehow, without makeup he looks 25 at 43.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
His intelligence.

Not outright booksmart IQ, although that is certainly high as well, but his down to earth, commonsense, street smarts.
He knows the deal.
He knows what he wants, he knows what it will take, he knows what to do.
Then he does it.
He knows to be patient.
He knows to be aggressive.
He knows what he's worth.
He knows where sacrifices will benefit him.
He knows to put in extra effort.
He knows people.
He knows how to be human.

And he remembers everything.
Don't diagree with this at all, but what if he took manning money from 2009 thru 2019? Would they have had that run?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Don't diagree with this at all, but what if he took manning money from 2009 thru 2019? Would they have had that run?

No.

That's my point.
He knew to trust himself and be patient in college and behind Drew. He knew to work harder than anybody else. He got the front row parking for being first in first out during OTA's and preseason practices for years. He sacrificed his own pay by taking a pay cut to bring in others and wouldn't do commercials without his Oline so they would try harder to protect him.
All a difference in verbiage to say the same thing.
He put his goal of winning Superbowl above his goals of being a multi millionaire. He put his goal of being the best Tom Brady above his goal of having records.
Now, with patience, he has almost all of them.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put his goal of being the best Tom Brady above his goal of having records.
I'd say he put his goal of leading the best team above his goal of having all the personal records, but that's the same point you are making...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning: The Greatest Dome QB Ever

Should you change? It seems more and more clear he might be the second best dome QB ever.

As incredible as he was at times, it's now difficult to pinpoint his exact legacy. On one hand he has or had tons of personal records but has a less than .500 playoff record with 9 one and dones, equal to TB's appearances in SBs.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should you change? It seems more and more clear he might be the second best dome QB ever.

As incredible as he was at times, it's now difficult to pinpoint his exact legacy. On one hand he has or had tons of personal records but has a less than .500 playoff record with 9 one and dones, equal to TB's appearances in SBs.
True I guess. But then who is the best dome QB ever? Brees?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you all know, I DVR every Patriot game. I delete the loses because I can't stand to repeated mistakes or poor play. None the less, I still have all of the 2019 games saved a decided to start watching them again. Last night I watched the Patriots and Eagles.

IN my opinion, this game showed us the reasons why Bill Belichick has made the decision to move on from Tom Brady. This game showed the good and the bad without singling any one thing.

The good. Brady was able to operate under pressure and move the offense. Brady got the "Hurry-Up" rolling and was accurate at his short to medium range passes. Brady was on target with every receiver including Harry, Sanu and Meyers, as well as White, Dorsett and Edelman.

The bad. On four occasions the Patriots got into the Red Zone and Brady could not close the deal. Not once did he throw into the end zone. He completed about two of ten passes. The only TD that the Patriots scored was an Edelman to Dorsett pass. The final was 17-10. Three FGs on all three other trips inside the Eagles' twenty.

During this game Jakoby Meyers got his leg rolled on. Philip Dorsett took a cheap head shot after he caught the TD pass. Muhamed Sanu had a defender tackle him and rolled his ankle and knee. This injury bothered Sanu for the rest of the year. Thing is, he got taped up and stayed in the game with a wrap that looked like a plaster cast on his left foot and ankle.

Brady, overall, just could not make any adjustments. He was not accurate when he needed to extend a drive. He overthrew sideline passes and short-hopped a bunch of passes that could have been easily caught if thrown even two feet above the turf. The worst part was the bad decisions on passes. On four different passes he under threw the receiver and if the Eagles DBs had decent hands, they would have been INTs. Two of them should have been pick 6's. Brady was sacked once and was hit 11 times.
This game was before Wynn came back and Newsome and Cannon were the OTs.

This game highlighted how slow Brady has become because the Eagles are a power rushing team and not speed rushers. The DBs played against the Pats WRs about as good as anyone, but Brady threw the ball away rather than try do something himself or moving outside the pocket to allow someone a chance to get loose. When he did move out to his right side he was ugly bad with his passing and got WRs tagged hard when he completed the pass.

As I said, in my opinion, this game (#10) opened BB's and JM's eyes when they reviewed the game.

I don't think BB ants to go through another year of Tom playing around in the Caribbean or Dubai pr Cancun while the rest of the team is trying to meld the offense and defense in the OTAs. Then when camp starts, stand on the sidelines because he and the team don't want to chance an injury in the preseason. Worse, expect the team to come together when the season starts and play like they know exactly what to do. 2019 proved that not playing and practicing together is much more detremental than they ever expected.

As far as Brady not having weapons.......BB did everything that he could to provide the team with receivers. Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Muhamed Sanu. His hopes for success were not BBs fault. Gordon couldn't stay rehabilitated, Brown became self destructive and Sanu got Hurt. BB also tried to bring in TEs to replace Gronk. He brought in three for camp and all fizzled horribly. He got Watson who showed that a thirty eight year old TE just isn't an answer to anything. Two others made the IR. I don't blame anyone, it's just that there's always been a guy standing in the shadows in the corner at the back of the room who's been able to step forward and take over. In 2019 the reserve cupboard was bare.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Brady not having weapons.......BB did everything that he could to provide the team with receivers. Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown, Muhamed Sanu. His hopes for success were not BBs fault. Gordon couldn't stay rehabilitated, Brown became self destructive and Sanu got Hurt. BB also tried to bring in TEs to replace Gronk. He brought in three for camp and all fizzled horribly. He got Watson who showed that a thirty eight year old TE just isn't an answer to anything. Two others made the IR. I don't blame anyone, it's just that there's always been a guy standing in the shadows in the corner at the back of the room who's been able to step forward and take over. In 2019 the reserve cupboard was bare.

I have said this repeatedly.
Much less eloquently though.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this repeatedly.
Much less eloquently though.
At the end of the day, for the past 20 years, the pats fans have been s-p-o-i-l-e-d spoiled, spoiled, spoiled!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his smile. my avatar pic proves it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots never consider the fact that outside the dome, Peyton Manning was less than average. In temeratures under 40 degrees, he just plain sucked, even in Denver. He was raised in Louisiana, played youth ball in Louisiana, played college ball in Tennessee and never had to play in foul weather other than warm rain. He finally started to feel cold air, sleet and snow when he came to the NFL. He would most likely have been cut if he'd been drafted by Buffalo, NYG, NYJ, NEP, ChiBears, Packers or Vikes. Especially Green bay. Football's greatest gift to Manning was allowing him to play more than half of his games in temperate atmospheres. And for a team that pumped up the noise volume on opposing teams.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots never consider the fact that outside the dome, Peyton Manning was less than average. In temeratures under 40 degrees, he just plain sucked, even in Denver. He was raised in Louisiana, played youth ball in Louisiana, played college ball in Tennessee and never had to play in foul weather other than warm rain. He finally started to feel cold air, sleet and snow when he came to the NFL. He would most likely have been cut if he'd been drafted by Buffalo, NYG, NYJ, NEP, ChiBears, Packers or Vikes. Especially Green bay. Football's greatest gift to Manning was allowing him to play more than half of his games in temperate atmospheres. And for a team that pumped up the noise volume on opposing teams.
It's funny how much narrative has been re-written, but what's more overlooked is how much of the past narrative needs to be unwritten. Your comments reflect the points that could be used to un-write a lot of his narrative. While I don't agree he would have been cut, I do believe a lot of what he used to build his greatness didn't work in all conditions.

Don't dismiss the fact that when it worked it worked better than anything else. It just needs to be scaled down quite a bit.