• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brady never retiring.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father time is taking a vacation with Peyton and Joe M. My guess is they will get sick of him and boot him north to Foxboro, but maybe he has drinks for the next 3 years or so

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it's going to take is one really good hit. His body cannot conceivably stand up to a vicious hit at 40+......I give him 2 years tops.

That and his game will most CERTAINLY devolve......ball won't spin as tight, arm strength will wane......it's simply inevitable.
How many 20 year olds could handle a vicious hit? Brady protects himself as good as anybody. I get you're trying to make a point that he's old and fragile but come on, any QB could be done with a vicious hit.
If we have Brady for 3 more years most NE fans will be ecstatic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 20 year olds could handle a vicious hit? Brady protects himself as good as anybody. I get you're trying to make a point that he's old and fragile but come on, any QB could be done with a vicious hit.
If we have Brady for 3 more years most NE fans will be ecstatic.

To me I don't so much worry about the vicious hit. It is more just the regular wear and tear the body goes through. I know Brady takes care of his body probably better than any other player in the league. Still at age 40 the body just doesn't bounce back like it did. So even a mediocre hit all of a sudden he starts feeling that clear till Wednesday where 10 years ago he could have gone out and played another game the next day if needed. We also start seeing some loss of velocity on the football not so much weeks 1-8 but the 2nd half of the season.

At what point do we see those same things that have plagued other great QB's show up with Brady? That is the problem is it doesn't seem to gradually show itself but just one day they go from elite to get this guy a wheelchair and take him to the retirement home. Crazy to watch with QB's. If anybody though can hold up for another 3 years it is Brady. The man seems to be half machine.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I don't so much worry about the vicious hit. It is more just the regular wear and tear the body goes through. I know Brady takes care of his body probably better than any other player in the league. Still at age 40 the body just doesn't bounce back like it did. So even a mediocre hit all of a sudden he starts feeling that clear till Wednesday where 10 years ago he could have gone out and played another game the next day if needed. We also start seeing some loss of velocity on the football not so much weeks 1-8 but the 2nd half of the season.

At what point do we see those same things that have plagued other great QB's show up with Brady? That is the problem is it doesn't seem to gradually show itself but just one day they go from elite to get this guy a wheelchair and take him to the retirement home. Crazy to watch with QB's. If anybody though can hold up for another 3 years it is Brady. The man seems to be half machine.
I agree that in most cases it does take longer to heal. But going by what Brady was saying late in the season about feeling better now then when he was 20 may or may not be hyperbole? Only he really knows. That 4 game suspension was a blessing in disguise last season. As for his skills diminishing meh? He had one of his best years with completing passes over 20 yards. His run for 15 yards in the SB shocked me. He actually looked agile and coordinated.
I think it's wishful thinking for him to be playing in 3 years. But that's why it's called wishful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that in most cases it does take longer to heal. But going by what Brady was saying late in the season about feeling better now then when he was 20 may or may not be hyperbole? Only he really knows. That 4 game suspension was a blessing in disguise last season. As for his skills diminishing meh? He had one of his best years with completing passes over 20 yards. His run for 15 yards in the SB shocked me. He actually looked agile and coordinated.
I think it's wishful thinking for him to be playing in 3 years. But that's why it's called wishful.

Yeah I am one that agrees that his 4-game suspension might have been a huge blessing in disguise. Same thing for the Broncos the year before with Manning getting hurt and taking what 7 weeks off. I think it saved what little arm he had left for the playoffs for him to be an ok impact player.

And I didn't mean to make it sound like his arm was diminished last year. The man is just down right impressive of how he continues to play at such an elite level. Like I said though with QB's they seem to hit that wall and the arm just about falls off.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots owner Bob Kraft said Monday at the NFL Owners Meetings that Tom Brady believes he can continue playing into his mid to late 40s.

Brady turns 40 this August. "As recently as two to three days ago, (Brady) assured me he’s willing to play six, seven more years," were Kraft's exact words. Kraft added that he's hopeful Bill Belichick will "coach into his 80s." A lot of this feels hyperbolic and will likely prove to be, but Brady's current physical fitness and always-evolving game make the notion of him playing until age 45 seem conceivable as things stand today.

Source: James Palmer on Twitter

Days like these, I really miss @HammerDown
i didnt see this til after my thread, mea culpa.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as bradys dad said it will end ugly in ne . Atlanta had tb number they just got tired . brady took hit after hit and kept on ticking . so if tb going to play 7 years they better start running the ball on every play .

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown had a valid point about Brady being a system guy....He is a very good qb but his success has already been proven systematic by Cassel winning 11 games in what was his rookie bath, and then Garrop winning 3 of 4 last yr in his rookie start.....
His intelligence of the game is what is keeping him competitive but just like PM, the body will not be able to react quick enough and injuries will become a problem....He's done great, but he ain't beating Father Time, you can bet the farm on that....This is his last yr IMO, and if BB don't trade Garrop, it's the writing on the wall....

:L

So much fail. Start with Garappolo playing a mere 6 quarters last year, not 4 games.

Brady is a system guy, huh? I wonder if people who write nonsense like that have ever watched football before?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change the fact he has been taking some nasty hits lately... Doesn't mean he has to be sacked
Actually the hits on Brady have been few. He has a quick release and the OL does a nice job pass blocking.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the hits on Brady have been few. He has a quick release and the OL does a nice job pass blocking.

What part aren't you getting? I not saying he's been getting hit all the time.. I'm just saying he has been hit and when he has been hit they've been hard... That's all

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part aren't you getting? I not saying he's been getting hit all the time.. I'm just saying he has been hit and when he has been hit they've been hard... That's all
I bet he plays another three seasons. If he was getting hit hard and often he couldn't do that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he plays another three seasons. If he was getting hit hard and often he couldn't do that.

again... I NEVER said, often... I just said he HAS been hit hard...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again... I NEVER said, often... I just said he HAS been hit hard...
Every QB gets hit hard. TB does a better job than most by avoiding most big hits.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB gets hit hard. TB does a better job than most by avoiding most big hits.

Again... I never said he got hit a lot this season. Just saying he was hit hard a few times more than usual. At 39 it tends to hurt a lot more than at 21/23.. That's all I'm getting at

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they knew he was legitimately going to play well for that long, they probably wouldn't have traded picks for Allen and Cooks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Father time is taking a vacation with Peyton and Joe M. My guess is they will get sick of him and boot him north to Foxboro, but maybe he has drinks for the next 3 years or so

It's not Father Time but Papa John that Peyton and Montana are hanging with. JJ needs to get healthy and not hang with those 3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read his book.....he thinks drinking a lot of water is a good way to prevent sunburn.

What a maroon. Where oh where is Hammer?????

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read his book.....he thinks drinking a lot of water is a good way to prevent sunburn.

What a maroon. Where oh where is Hammer?????
i know

its sad

guerrero has been under federal investigation by the FTC several times...concussion water, magic underoos, etc.

he says drink 25 glasses of water a day. thats called water toxicity.

brady is going to parlay his NFL career into a new tony robbins who peddles magic trinkets.

PS did you actually buy the book?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know

its sad

guerrero has been under federal investigation by the FTC several times...concussion water, magic underoos, etc.

he says drink 25 glasses of water a day. thats called water toxicity.

brady is going to parlay his NFL career into a new tony robbins who peddles magic trinkets.

PS did you actually buy the book?

Belichick sure didn't

"We see Tom every day," he said. "I don't really feel like we need to read a book."