• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: BOYS/SAINTS 820 PM

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nawlins needs to give Ian Book a look. #SacramentoProud

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think this was a lame call

Ridiculous to call that the worst call someone has seen but it was definitely a really bad call. It's still tough to understand why they called that. I'm not sure it was as impactful or obvious as not calling the blow to the head against Dak that caused the interception.

Blindside block:
"It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder."

I guess his last 2 steps were towards his own end zone and he clearly went helmet to helmet. I think it was the blow to the head that got the call in the refs mind. But still a bizarre call. I can't imagine anyone had a block like this in mind when they created the rule.

As far as contact to the head:

“It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with an opponent. The penalty is 15 yards and the player could be disqualified. Even if not called on the field, such actions could warrant further review and discipline by the league.”

Technically he lowered his head to make contact and clearly it was helmet to helmet, but again a very weak call if they called that IMO. It does seem some of the worst calls are in the Offensive backfield. Some really horrible roughing the passer calls and some of the worst non-calls too.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous to call that the worst call someone has seen but it was definitely a really bad call. It's still tough to understand why they called that. I'm not sure it was as impactful or obvious as not calling the blow to the head against Dak that caused the interception.

Blindside block:
"It is a foul if a player initiates a block when his path is toward or parallel to his own end line and makes forcible contact to his opponent with his helmet, forearm, or shoulder."

I guess his last 2 steps were towards his own end zone and he clearly went helmet to helmet. I think it was the blow to the head that got the call in the refs mind. But still a bizarre call. I can't imagine anyone had a block like this in mind when they created the rule.

As far as contact to the head:

“It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with an opponent. The penalty is 15 yards and the player could be disqualified. Even if not called on the field, such actions could warrant further review and discipline by the league.”

Technically he lowered his head to make contact and clearly it was helmet to helmet, but again a very weak call if they called that IMO. It does seem some of the worst calls are in the Offensive backfield. Some really horrible roughing the passer calls and some of the worst non-calls too.
Worst call I’ve ever seen. The dude was blitzing

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the worse you've seen, you started watching football in the year 2021.
LOL

nothing has changed. All things Dallas is the second most followed football team in and around our nation's capital. Nothing will ever equal the envy these football fans have carried for decades...so yes, that was the worst call in the history of football. :dhd:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never seen a blitzer get a call for being blindsided no matter how much you want it to be about my hatred of the cowgirls.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never seen a blitzer get a call for being blindsided no matter how much you want it to be about my hatred of the cowgirls.
No one is saying it was a good call, it's just not the worst call ever seen, unless you're brand new to the NFL.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is saying it was a good call, it's just not the worst call ever seen, unless you're brand new to the NFL.
There’s plenty to choose from, but it’s up there right along with the worsts

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s plenty to choose from, but it’s up there right along with the worsts
Up there, how high. Top 10? 20?

But hey at least you've back peddled from THE WORSE.

Baby steps.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up there, how high. Top 10? 20?

But hey at least you've back peddled from THE WORSE.

Baby steps.
No backpedaling it was pathetic, it’s like they just made a new rule, if he was blindsided then I guess no more sacking the qb when he doesn’t see it coming?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No backpedaling it was pathetic, it’s like they just made a new rule, if he was blindsided then I guess no more sacking the qb when he doesn’t see it coming?
You went from The worse to one of the worse.

Thats is in fact back peddling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst call I’ve ever seen. The dude was blitzing
My guess is your top 10 worst all benefited the Cowboys?
I've said it's a bad call and I hate the application of the rule in this way, but clearly it isn't as egregious as many others. So the tweet and your statement are silly

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You went from The worse to one of the worse.

Thats is in fact back peddling.
Whatever floats your boat. How bout the worst call that was made up on the fly?