• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowl Projections

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa is finally getting some love by Jerry Palm and his (infamous) bowl projections. Palm has Iowa in the Gator Bowl against Ole Miss! Iowa gets a big bounce in this weeks projection because Palm also has two B1G teams in BCS bowls: Wisconsin & Ohio St.

That would be an interesting match-up for Iowa!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No BCS for Wisconsin after a beat down in Iowa City this week.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No BCS for Wisconsin after a beat down in Iowa City this week.

I would love to see that...Anderson may not realize how intense this rivalry is...Kinnick should be rocking Saturday

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been since 2010 and Iowa went downhill after that loss, kind of the turning point after a "gasp" fake punt that led to Wisconsin winning the game...3 years later I hope they turn the table and come out and look like the team that just crushed Minnesota...going to be a good one, Borland is back for them so that will be tougher, but I would love a Hawkeye win here

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that game sucked, we did come out the next week and kill a good Sparty team. I think the game that broke the camels back was the effing Northwestern game, which is another reason to hate those nerds. I've always had Wisconsin as my 2nd favorite BoneG team, probably because of Alvarez and BB. With that being said, they are gone and I hope we beat them by 40... That would be icing on the cake after Gordon and White bailed on us to go there.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that game sucked, we did come out the next week and kill a good Sparty team. I think the game that broke the camels back was the effing Northwestern game, which is another reason to hate those nerds. I've always had Wisconsin as my 2nd favorite BoneG team, probably because of Alvarez and BB. With that being said, they are gone and I hope we beat them by 40... That would be icing on the cake after Gordon and White bailed on us to go there.

That Sparty game was fucking fantastic...complete domination

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off of the bowl projections on CBSSports.com:

Michigan and Nebraska are pegged to beat Iowa. Iowa ends up in the Texas Bowl and is projected to draw K-State.

Michigan ends up in the BWW Bowl game and Nebraska goes to the Outback Bowl.

I still don't think that the B1G gets two BCS teams in. That would knock everyone down a bowl spot - generally speaking.

Iowa could get 'bumped' to a January 1st bowl game (Ticket City Bowl) if only one B1G gets into a BCS bowl. That opponent is projected to be Rice.

It's a crap shoot I know...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off of the bowl projections on CBSSports.com:

Michigan and Nebraska are pegged to beat Iowa. Iowa ends up in the Texas Bowl and is projected to draw K-State.

Michigan ends up in the BWW Bowl game and Nebraska goes to the Outback Bowl.

I still don't think that the B1G gets two BCS teams in. That would knock everyone down a bowl spot - generally speaking.

Iowa could get 'bumped' to a January 1st bowl game (Ticket City Bowl) if only one B1G gets into a BCS bowl. That opponent is projected to be Rice.

It's a crap shoot I know...

If there are 2 eligible B10 teams then theyll get 2. The B10 has never sent one team to the BCS in a year 2 were eligible. Bowls LOVE B10 schools cuz they travel so well.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia,

I understand your point. However, CBSSports.com is pegging Wisconsin (at 2 losses) into the BCS. Currently, MSU is 13th and Wisconsin is 19th the BCS standings. That is a lot of ground to make up for either team.

I'm not certain that UCF should get in with one loss over an undefeated No. Illinois. Things will clear up soon enough. Oklahoma St is lurking...but has Baylor then Oklahoma to deal with. Interesting to speculate on though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia,

I understand your point. However, CBSSports.com is pegging Wisconsin (at 2 losses) into the BCS. Currently, MSU is 13th and Wisconsin is 19th the BCS standings. That is a lot of ground to make up for either team.

I'm not certain that UCF should get in with one loss over an undefeated No. Illinois. Things will clear up soon enough. Oklahoma St is lurking...but has Baylor then Oklahoma to deal with. Interesting to speculate on though.

Well obviously Wisconsin would have to be eligible to be taken. I think if they win out there really isnt any way they wouldnt be top 14 since alot of the teams ahead of them play each other.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has one legit loss, there is no way in hell that the ASU garbage can be held against them. Wisconsin is easily the second best team in the B1G IMO.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State - Rose (I see FSU-Bama NCG)
*goes undefeated

Wisconsin - Orange or some BCS Bowl
*MSU's loss in CCG will give them even losses with Wisconsin and the one that loses CCG usually gets a worse bowl in that situation than the next best

Michigan State - Capitol One Bowl
*deserves BCS but loss in CCG will drop them to Cap One

Iowa - Outback
*I'm homering and giving Iowa win vs Nebraska. Iowa beat Minnesota and Michigan and has good fan follow to bowls. Iowa winning 4 of last 5 and all losses to teams with double digit wins will help.

Nebraska - Gator or Buffalo Wild Wings (whichever is the better one)
*If they beat Iowa, they get Outback and Iowa gets this one. Fan following gets them bigger bowl over Minnesota despite who won head-to-head.

Minnesota - Gator or Buffalo Wild Wings (whichever is the next best)
*Minnesota loses last 2 games that equals same record as Nebraska. Like I said with Nebraska, fan following puts Nebraska above Minnesota

Michigan - Texas Bowl
*Lose 5 of their last 7 games makes their fan following irrelevant.

Penn State is banned from post season and others are not eligible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get into the Outback or Gator Bowl, I will consider this season a good season 9 total wins meets the standard and is respectable, although I do expect 10 next season.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get into the Outback or Gator Bowl, I will consider this season a good season 9 total wins meets the standard and is respectable, although I do expect 10 next season.

I agee. I really hope 2 B1G teams get BCS. If 1 is in BCS and Iowa loses, I see Iowa going to Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make it to the Outback, I would bet that we play South Carolina, Gator probably Georgia and BWW probably Texas. I like all of the match ups, bring them on!

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a fun next 2 games. We help Nebraska get rid of Pelini, then follow it up with either Mack, Spurrier, or Richt. HA!...