• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston Celtics - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the crowds at the ESA are going to start getting more sparse.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it a night. I think we will have to start talking beer again between plays, it's way more interesting than the games lately.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it a night. I think we will have to start talking beer again between plays, it's way more interesting than the games lately.

Lol.

Good night.

I'm excited about Hayward. He looked back to like he was playing last year.

For something like defense, I don't know if you can fix it this late in the year, but maybe there's some lineup that hasn't played together much that's good, like Hayward + Favors + a few others.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH, Marving goes flailing emu into the lane again.

You called? Just kidding, but people do switch up the letters all the time. I get called MHS, MHL, MSL, dumbass, MLH, M82, MS, Multiple Sclerosis, ML82, shrimp scampi, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. Oops, turned into Bubba there from Forrest Gump.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9. Stat Check
By Elias Sports Bureau

Jefferson
Jefferson

Al Jefferson grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds in the Utah Jazz' 110-107 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics. Jefferson, who played three seasons with Boston, has recorded 4,063 rebounds since being traded as part of the package that brought Kevin Garnett to Beantown. That is now the highest rebound total that any NBA player has accumulated after leaving Celtics. The previous high was 4,059 by Mel Counts.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Burks growing on you at all?

The reason I say this is because I look for a player to have a consistent focused effort, the entire amount he plays in that game.

Hayward, for example, had several of those his first two years in the league.

Burks has 2-3 plays in a quarter, but then the other stint that he plays is usually not memorable.

Which is why I think Burks will be a bench player at best, but probably worse. He doesn't stand out from 60 other guards that have entered the league the past 8 years.

I don't see him as different than Maynor, for example.

I don't think he was a bad pick, as the average career is 4.7 years, and he'll get somewhere around there, maybe a little more. The percentage of success stories from the draft is small. But I don't think he's so special that they should hold onto him. I don't hold it against the GM, or the player, but just the fact that few players become starting caliber players.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I say this...

I thought it was because you wanted to make an even shorter post than your customary, "Thanks." or "Good Post."