• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boozer question

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why amnesty Boozer and sign Gausol? virtually same player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even close to the same player.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same player is Mirotic to Gasol, just like McDermott is to Dunleavy, and Snell is to Butler.

Alot of redundancy on this roster, except point guard that has the biggest injury concern.

Gasol is only a two year deal, player option for the third, gotta feel if Gasol does not win a title here in the first two seasons and is riding the bench he will go play somewhere else.

Boozer should get to sign a minimum contract with the thunder, spurs or houston now and have a chance to win a title. All missed out on big men free agents, just dont know if team that finished worse last year will claim him or if he will pass waivers and be unrestricted. Bulls pay 16.8 million, he does not need to be paid anywhere more than a minimum deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same player is Mirotic to Gasol, just like McDermott is to Dunleavy, and Snell is to Butler.

Alot of redundancy on this roster, except point guard that has the biggest injury concern.

Gasol is only a two year deal, player option for the third, gotta feel if Gasol does not win a title here in the first two seasons and is riding the bench he will go play somewhere else.

Boozer should get to sign a minimum contract with the thunder, spurs or houston now and have a chance to win a title. All missed out on big men free red agents, just dont know if team that finished worse last year will claim him or if he will pass waivers and be unrestricted. Bulls pay 16.8 million, he does not need to be paid anywhere more than a minimum deal.

Mirotic and Gasol are the same player? McDermott and Dunleavy? Snell and Butler? I think you are crazy. Mirotic is more of a face up stretch four whereas Gasol is a back to the basket scorer playing at the 4 or 5. I think saying Gasol and Mirotic are similar players is much like saying Ryan Anderson and Tim Duncan are similar players.

Also, Dunleavy is a shooter. McDermott is a good shooter too, but he can get buckets in many other ways. I guarantee you we will have him posting up smaller defenders, taking slower defenders off of the dribble, running the pick and roll as the passer and the picker, and seeing that dirk fade away. We won't see nearly as much diversity in mdjs game.

I can see snell and jimmy being similar in a way, except for the fact that butler is a defensive stopper who can't hit the ocean with his jump shot, but is aggressive on offense and snell is a kind of good defender with a jump shot, but is very passive. I think this team is actually really diverse.

If you are looking for redundancies on this roster, I think you need to bring up Noah and taj first. Noah is a little more versatile, but they are both primarily defensive shot blockers with limited offensive games. However, that doesn't matter because the form probably the best defensive front court in the nba.

A roster that has a lot of redundancy is the spurs. Other than the front court, tony Parker, and Manu, everyone else is an unselfish shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the questioned raised on this thread. You all are going to find out that Gasol doesn't like to bang bodies like Boozer or even his yonger brother. His defense his wimpy. Gasol has a good shot at most ranges and is a good passer for a big, but he's no Boozer when it comes to defense. In my the Bulls might have overpaid for Gasol when they have a younger version in Mirotic.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, its just that Mirotic is not gonna be ready for NBA play, especially with thibbs. You bide the time with the veteran and give Mirotic time to grow into the role. Thats why only having Pau for two seasons is key.

But its more than just Gasol, its Gasol and 10 million dollars of cap space for the other players. With boozer we were looking at losing butler, dunleavy and kirk.

I dont think Taj and Noah are even close to the same player. Noah can pass better, but cannot create his shot to save his life, when he does its a tornado ball. Noah needs to crash the boards, put back shots and be done with trying to have an offensive game. I cringe when Noah wanted to take a last shot. Taj can create his shot, he can drive to the basket and is not afraid to dunk on anybody. Noah is got that long hook shot layup that has him releasing the ball from behind the backboard, no chance to get your own rebound or even be given a call for a foul.

Dunleavy and McDermott are shoot off screen players. He might be quicker, might drive more, but bottom line, was dunleavy 10 years ago.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, its just that Mirotic is not gonna be ready for NBA play, especially with thibbs. You bide the time with the veteran and give Mirotic time to grow into the role. Thats why only having Pau for two seasons is key.

But its more than just Gasol, its Gasol and 10 million dollars of cap space for the other players. With boozer we were looking at losing butler, dunleavy and kirk.

I dont think Taj and Noah are even close to the same player. Noah can pass better, but cannot create his shot to save his life, when he does its a tornado ball. Noah needs to crash the boards, put back shots and be done with trying to have an offensive game. I cringe when Noah wanted to take a last shot. Taj can create his shot, he can drive to the basket and is not afraid to dunk on anybody. Noah is got that long hook shot layup that has him releasing the ball from behind the backboard, no chance to get your own rebound or even be given a call for a foul.

Dunleavy and McDermott are shoot off screen players. He might be quicker, might drive more, but bottom line, was dunleavy 10 years ago.

You're sleeping on McDermott. He's better than MDJ ever was. I know I'll get flacked for saying this, but I can see him being a perennial all star much quicker than people say. He's got much more dimension to his game than anybody coming out in this draft.

I was also referring to the reason Noah and taj get play time, and that's mostly because each can defend smaller players much more effectively than most 4s and 5s while grabbing defensive rebounds and polishing the offensive boards. In fact the only real difference is style of offense, but they essentially shoot the same shots only in different ways.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep very good points indeed.:10:

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're sleeping on McDermott. He's better than MDJ ever was. I know I'll get flacked for saying this, but I can see him being a perennial all star much quicker than people say. He's got much more dimension to his game than anybody coming out in this draft.

I was also referring to the reason Noah and taj get play time, and that's mostly because each can defend smaller players much more effectively than most 4s and 5s while grabbing defensive rebounds and polishing the offensive boards. In fact the only real difference is style of offense, but they essentially shoot the same shots only in different ways.

No flak from me, I like the kid. He has work to do to not be the next Morrison. Paxson has been stalking this kid since high school, he served his full time in college, so he is closer to being ready than any pick over the past 5 years. We gotta remember, there was never any intention to have Dunleavy the starter. He was a pick and pop shooter to get some easy points against the second line of the opponent for 15-20 minutes a game. Personally, I would rather have Butler starting at the 3 than the 2, but we didnt get the extra guard. Snell is impressing alot of people and might make the starting lineup, so it would be Rose, Snell, Butler, Taj/Gasol and Noah. Snell first guard out, butler moves to the 2, Dunleavy or McDermott in. New improved Bench mob of Kirk, Butler, McDermott, Taj / Gasol. Stretching the floor would be Kirk, Dunleavy, McDermott, Mirotic, Taj.

Probably the best group Thibbs has had to work with and I am not saying redundancy as a bad thing, Dunleavy is cold, McDermott might be hot.

I think its either or, Taj can backup Noah and Gasol, and Gasol can backup Noah and Taj. Do you start the 8 million dollar guy or the 6 million dollar experienced guy. Personally I want to see Taj start, I think he earned it. I think he might prove he is better coming off the bench with his energy, but think he deserves a shot to start first. Will probably put up better numbers off the bench though.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won the bid, so they did want him, it was too bad they could not work out a three or four team trade, but we all know nobody wanted to pay boozer 16.8 million dollars. Lakers will pay him 3.25 million this year, yes, that total is now 20.5 million dollars to boozer next season.

At least in hockey they have a minimum salary floor that a move might have been forced to be made.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, never mind, the bulls just need to pay the balance now, so it saved us 3.25.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol is a better passer, rebounder and more versatile scorer.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely better because he will stay around the basket. Boozer got his double digit rebound average, but not many of those were considered tough rebounds where he boxed out hard and fought for the ball. I think Pau will get the tough ones.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U mean we under paid for Gasol. That is a great deal for the Bulls. Mirotic and Gasol are not even close to the same player. One is a C/PF and the other is a PF/SF. Mirotic is a stretch 4 who can shoot the 3. Snell and Butler are not the same player. Snell is a shooter and Butler dives to the basket. Both can play D. Mcdermott is MDJ are close I guess but McDermott is a little more athletic and a better shooter. Gasol D is a lot better then Boozers D. Gasol is an All star. whats great about this roster is so many players on this team can play multiple positions. That is a big deal.

This team is stacked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won the bid, so they did want him, it was too bad they could not work out a three or four team trade, but we all know nobody wanted to pay boozer 16.8 million dollars. Lakers will pay him 3.25 million this year, yes, that total is now 20.5 million dollars to boozer next season.

At least in hockey they have a minimum salary floor that a move might have been forced to be made.

No Lakers pay 3.25 million of the 16.8. Bulls only have to pay now 13.55 now. Helps a little.

Hey we signed Brooks today. Nice pick up. Back up PG who can score.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol has a back to the basket game. Boozer does not. Gasol has length, boozer does not. Boozer is a nice player off of the bench.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

finally find a game to watch on nbatv and thibbs benches McBuckets and the bulls get blown out.