• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BMo Invited to Camp

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like it too. Not what he once was, but still got some game. He said only the other day he didn't want just a tryout, but nice to see he can swallow his pride to try to make his home team.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
safety if Hodgson doesnt play?

I like it too if he is 4th line so versatile for our team, but I believe he will sign elsewhere which is also ok

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If you look at what some of the vets have signed for lately, it could be a nice pick-up.
Belanger - $750k
Maltby - $525k (two way)
Halpern - $600k
Comrie - $500k

grover345

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm personally not sure where he fits. Unless they figure Hodgson isn't ready, having another faceoff guy for the third line is good, but Malhotra is already there. I'm thinking this is honestly nothing more than bringing someone in to push the younger guys.

(thanks for the invite puckhead)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
you're welcome grover (and welcome!)

I must have posted that 'check your PM' message a dozen times.
deleted within minutes each time.... NOW that board has mods :L

grover345

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ha. Yeah, it turned to absolute crap over the last few years.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is much better... and will hopefully stay that way.

As for BMo... I'd be surprised if we offered him a contract but I guess it comes down to how our prospects perform (and how healthy they are). Competition isn't a bad thing and I do think his experience would help our bottom 6 along with adding some faceoff depth.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen so far... sign him!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've seen so far... sign him!

off night last night but he was playing his second in two and the entire team was disinterested

initially i didnt think he had much left in him but if he accepts a role in the bottom 6 which he said he would then you cant complain with that.

He was very good saturday plus they are kinda thin at centre ... he showed all aspects of his game and how versatile he can be ... I cant help but think that he stepped it up a notch saturday because he knew more eyes would be focused on him being that the game was nationally televised. I just dont know what the canucks can offer him dollar wise? And i can still see a team like the Leafs pilfering him at the end of training camp because they have nothing on that roster

btw while I said theyre thin at centre, Id like to see him line up with the Sedins for a few shifts and maybe on the PP here in preseason. He's had experience being the mouse riding on the backs on a couple of elephants that like to hog/carry the puck. While not a grinder in the corners I think he is still strong with his stick and can strip pucks from guys.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love to see him sign with the 'nucks, I just don't see where he fits. 3rd line center seems to be Malhotra's spot. Mo doesn't seem like 4th line center material. Not enough sandpaper. I suppose he could play 3rd line wing, or Manny might move to wing. Would Manny play 4th line center happily? maybe. Anyway, all I am really saying is it is tough to see where he sits on this team. On the other hand, he must surely have shown some other teams that he still has game. I suspect he will get a run somewhere, if not with the Canucks.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I would love to see him sign with the 'nucks, I just don't see where he fits. 3rd line center seems to be Malhotra's spot. Mo doesn't seem like 4th line center material. Not enough sandpaper. I suppose he could play 3rd line wing, or Manny might move to wing. Would Manny play 4th line center happily? maybe. Anyway, all I am really saying is it is tough to see where he sits on this team. On the other hand, he must surely have shown some other teams that he still has game. I suspect he will get a run somewhere, if not with the Canucks.

If it's here, I see him in Wellwood's spot. 4th line spot, with powerplay duty.
He's skilled enough to fill in anywhere for injuries, or just to shake things up. Not ALL 4th line players need to be thugs.

I had wondered if Tambellini could take that role, but so far it seems Morrison has been more impressive.
the thing is, will he sign for 4th line money? that probably just depends if some other team steps up with a bigger contract. I think BMo would probably give Gillis a chance to match, and then it's just a numbers game.