• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Blazers Vs Lakers Apr 03, 2015

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buycks played 14 games with the Raptors in the 2013-2014 season during his cup of coffee visit with the NBA.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Sign Dwight Buycks to 10-Day Contract

Posted: Apr 03, 2015

EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed guard Dwight Buycks to a 10-day contract, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

Buycks’ previous NBA experience came with the Toronto Raptors in 2013-14, where he averaged 3.1 points, 1.6 rebounds, and 10.4 minutes per game over 14 contests. After being waived by the Raptors in July, the 6’3’’ guard signed with Valencia of the Spanish ACB League before joining Tianjin Ronggang of the Chinese Basketball Association. At the conclusion of the CBA season, the 26-year-old was acquired by the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA Development League on March 4, and in 10 games (all starts) with the Blue, averaged 18.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, 6.2 assists, and 2.1 steals in 34.4 minutes per game before receiving his GATORADE Call-Up from the Lakers.

The Milwaukee, WI native’s D-League experience also includes eight games with the Bakersfield Jam in 2013-14, and 28 games for the Tulsa 66ers in the 2011-12 season. Buycks went undrafted in 2011 after playing two seasons (2009-2011) at Marquette following two seasons at Indian Hills Community College, and his professional stops also include time spent in Belgium (2012) and France (2012-13 season).

The Lakers roster now stands at 16 players after being granted a hardship waiver exception from the NBA.

Lakers Sign Dwight Buycks to 10-Day Contract | Los Angeles Lakers

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson's making a push to be 2nd in the ROY voting.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Buycks in his first game as a Laker.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Buycks has 5 points in 4 minutes of playing time.

That's called looking for silver linings, folks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably one of the few (or only one) but I don't really care if we land that top 5 pick. We already have two young stars in Clarkson and Randle and we still have the first round pick from Houston should things go wrong. Not to forget Jabari Brown and Tarik Black.

I'm more concerned in getting some established players in. Rondo still has a few good years in him and could be another great mentor for Clarkson. The team also has to sort out the 3 and 5 position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Shaqdaddy, the rumor mill is cranked all the way up and much of it has to do with the notion that Rondo is going to sign with the Lakers when the FA period opens up in a couple of months. A great deal of the chatter is coming from sources in LA. Many think it is Kobe lobbying for Rondo. We shall see how this one plays out.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq your are one of the few. That top five pick can expedite the rebuilding process. You want to bank on a late first round vs a top 5??. That is crazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq your are one of the few. That top five pick can expedite the rebuilding process. You want to bank on a late first round vs a top 5??. That is crazy.

Shaqdaddy makes a solid point though. I think we all want to see the Lakers get that top 5 pick including Shaqdaddy. It just won't be the end of the world if they don't get it like some seem to think. They'll just have to perform better in FA.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would set us back if we lost that pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course i'd like to see the team get that pick but i'm not going to lose sleep if they don't.

You can't expect the future of the team to rely on a top 5 pick in a draft that isn't exactly that deep in talent. Especially not if they're looking for a PG and we already have Clarkson and are looking into Rondo or Dragic in free agency. I don't want the pick to be a bench warmer, nor would I want Clarkson to be a bench warmer.

We're in a unique position where we have great young players (and potential all-stars) in both Randle and Clarkson - something we haven't had in DECADES.

IMO we need to look into free agency to get the team competitive again, not the draft any more.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course i'd like to see the team get that pick but i'm not going to lose sleep if they don't.

You can't expect the future of the team to rely on a top 5 pick in a draft that isn't exactly that deep in talent. Especially not if they're looking for a PG and we already have Clarkson and are looking into Rondo or Dragic in free agency. I don't want the pick to be a bench warmer, nor would I want Clarkson to be a bench warmer.

We're in a unique position where we have great young players (and potential all-stars) in both Randle and Clarkson - something we haven't had in DECADES.

IMO we need to look into free agency to get the team competitive again, not the draft any more.

This is just stupid reasoning from top to bottom. Can't rely on a guy from draft that isn't deep in talent? The pick would be in the Top 5 in a draft where the consensus is the top 4 prospects all have all star potential. You can absolutely rely on that. This isn't drafting a guy 16th and praying for the best. All draft picks have bust potential, but the chances of one of those 4 guys hitting are high. It's foolish to just blow off a chance at that with some "oh well" attitude.

Secondly, so what if we have Clarkson? I like the kid but the reality is all he's done is prove he can at least be a rotation player. His raw stats look nice but a good chunk of that could easily be bad team syndrome. Even on garbage teams, someone has to score so that doesn't necessarily make that guy great. Look no further than Kendall Marshall last year. Some people were going nuts that he was the Lakers PG of the future. But he's nothing more than a rotational PG that dropped good stats on a poor team. The point is its still too early to lock Clarkson into a core role for the future. He COULD be that, but he could also very well just be a guy that maxes out as a spark plug off the bench. That's why you don't pass on a guy like Russell or Mudiay in the draft. You're gonna look really stupid if you had a chance at one of them, passed on them, and Clarkson is a glorified 6th man 3 years from now. You can have both. There's no reason not to. One's development won't impede the other, especially since Clarkson looks more like a 2 guard while the other two guys look more like PGs.

And lastly, this team needs help EVERYWHERE. Why the heck would you pass up an avenue for improvement (the draft) in favor of free agency? You use BOTH. You try to accumulate the best collection of talent you can get. There isn't a spot on the roster that should be set going forward. Just because you have Clarkson and Randle doesn't mean you're set. You have no idea what you have. I already told you about Clarkson but with Randle, the dude hasn't even played a game. He could be Zach Randolph. He could Anthony Bennett. You have no idea. No one does. You can't make that call. That's why you need that pick this year to bring another top prospect. Like I said earlier, there's potential busts with every pick, but what are the odds that the two (Randle and our pick this year) would both be busts? Possible, but slim. If one hits, you're looking good. If both hit, you're set. You don't shrug off opportunities like that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey is on point!!!