• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Bell on Maxwell Award watch list

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooners' Blake Bell on Maxwell Award watch list | News OK

Blake Bell has yet to start a game as Oklahoma’s quarterback.

Going into fall practices, he hasn’t even been named the Sooners’ starter at the position.

But Bell is on the watch list for the Maxwell Award, given to the college player of the year by the Maxwell Football Club.

Bell has scored 24 touchdowns over the past two season from the “Belldozer” package but it expected to be OU’s starting quarterback this season after the graduation of Landry Jones.

Bell is one of five Big 12 players on the list, joining Texas quarterback David Ash, Kansas State running back John Hubert, TCU quarterback Casey Pachall and Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk.

A pair of Notre Dame defensive players, defensive tackle Louis Nix III and defensive end Stephon Tuitt were named to the list as well. The Sooners will play at Notre Dame on Sept. 28.

Also named to the list was former Norman North running back Beau Blankenship, now at Ohio, and Tulsa’s Trey Watts. Watts is the son of former Sooner star J.C. Watts.

The Maxwell Award has been given by the club since 1937. Jason White was the last OU player to win the award, taking the honor in 2004. Tommy McDonald won the award in 1956. OSU’s Barry Sanders won the award in 1988.

Semifinalists for the award will be announced Oct. 29, with three finalists being named Nov. 25. The winners will be announced Dec. 12.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...very surprising. Don't know whose idea that is, for a guy that hasn't started. That being said, I think Bell will do just fine. Stoops has a pretty good history of bringing in good QB's. They aren't going to recruit someone who can't play.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...very surprising. Don't know whose idea that is, for a guy that hasn't started. That being said, I think Bell will do just fine. Stoops has a pretty good history of bringing in good QB's. They aren't going to recruit someone who can't play.

He does have a history of bringing in good qb's just hopefully Bell is mentally tough and not injury prone.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again. I saw him play when he was in high school here in Kansas. People have not really seen what a strong arm he has and just how well he can throw. I think some are underestimating him because of him only appearing in the Belldozer package.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again. I saw him play when he was in high school here in Kansas. People have not really seen what a strong arm he has and just how well he can throw. I think some are underestimating him because of him only appearing in the Belldozer package.

Welp, we are going to find out here real soon.

:suds:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the o line is stacked. The rbs are beastly. The WR are insanely talented. If Blake is as good as advertised this offense is going to destroy people. Now the defense, a complete enigma. The wild card.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said...