• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

black unis?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could have kept the Pro Combat Unis. Or at least the helmets. I still detest gold jerseys though.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the kids love to wear black uniforms. So, I get why they'd be fired up about playing in them.

But, I'm an old fart. I believe in tradition. WVU's colors are old gold and blue. I didn't like it when Nehlen changed our uni's to look like UofM's. I liked WVU's uni's in the 70's just fine.

Nehlen's changes seemed to ignite a new identity. Maybe the same could happen again…

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw them in person. They are awesome

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pics?

BTW if we go black (which Id be cool with) then go all black, no blue make a statement.

I can't even take a cell phone in there. Wouldn't want to lose my nike employee store pass. Plus the wife wouldn't put out for a month if I did such a thing.

I will say West Va has had the best prototypes in CFB minus Oregon. Period.

Biased*^^^

But, they do have flat black matte helmets with a solid yellow WV logo. The black jerseys have yellow numbers with a very thin blue lining. Pants have a yellow vw on upper front right leg.

They are very clean. Not too fancy. Perfect black unis actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even take a cell phone in there. Wouldn't want to lose my nike employee store pass. Plus the wife wouldn't put out for a month if I did such a thing.

I will say West Va has had the best prototypes in CFB minus Oregon. Period.

Biased*^^^

But, they do have flat black matte helmets with a solid yellow WV logo. The black jerseys have yellow numbers with a very thin blue lining. Pants have a yellow vw on upper front right leg.

They are very clean. Not too fancy. Perfect black unis actually.

gotcha, thanks for the heads up tho. I hope they go the same route as that Oregon look with the gold chrome shield and grill. Would be off the chain imo.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Luck!!!!!

Sound pretty awesome. Kansas St blackout!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the kids love to wear black uniforms. So, I get why they'd be fired up about playing in them.

But, I'm an old fart. I believe in tradition. WVU's colors are old gold and blue. I didn't like it when Nehlen changed our uni's to look like UofM's. I liked WVU's uni's in the 70's just fine.

Nehlen's changes seemed to ignite a new identity. Maybe the same could happen again…

I usually don't like change either but I have come to accept it as part of the experience now. I didn't think Id like those retro helmets last year but I have to admit, I thought they looked really good.