• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther (2018)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the movie. Liked it a lot. :D

Surprisingly light on the politics, given all the talk that has been going on in the public lead-up to the film.

It was phenomenal, highly-entertaining science fantasy Hamlet in an African setting. :)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comment on the political views therein, but whoever made this meme clearly hasn't seen the movie.

The plot of the entire movie is about him rejecting Wakandan isolationism and opening up the borders.

It was out before the movie.

And also shows I have no need to see the movie cause thats not who black panther is.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it last night. It is definitely different than any other Marvel movie out there. I will say that Michael B Jordan may be the best big baddie I have seen in one of these in a while. His performance was great, dude is absolutely jacked, and his storyline was really good.

It was on the longer side, but the fight scenes were good. I didn't think the CGI was terrible. No other heroes show up, it's all Panther.

All in all, I liked it. Not my favorite origin movie, but it gets him set up for more.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And also shows I have no need to see the movie cause thats not who black panther is.
Actually he rejects that idea. It's one of his underlings that wants to do that and he wants to stay isolated and keep out of the world's problems. At the end he makes a comment about how leaders build bridges, not barriers that was clearly politically directed and there are some resemblances in there.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it last night. It is definitely different than any other Marvel movie out there. I will say that Michael B Jordan may be the best big baddie I have seen in one of these in a while. His performance was great, dude is absolutely jacked, and his storyline was really good.

It was on the longer side, but the fight scenes were good. I didn't think the CGI was terrible. No other heroes show up, it's all Panther.

All in all, I liked it. Not my favorite origin movie, but it gets him set up for more.

Ohhhh you DID like the movie, huh?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he rejects that idea. It's one of his underlings that wants to do that and he wants to stay isolated and keep out of the world's problems. At the end he makes a comment about how leaders build bridges, not barriers that was clearly politically directed and there are some resemblances in there.

Good to know the SJW hollywood idiots still like to show how wrong they are...in public.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know the SJW hollywood idiots still like to show how wrong they are...in public.
You know comics have always had political themes, right?

Shit, Captain America was born from politics and Nazis.

To get butthurt over it is dumb. A movie should have a message. If it offends you, go lock your door and polish your guns

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh you DID like the movie, huh?
I can appreciate when a dude obviously lifts. He looks like he is solid muscle. It's impressive.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know comics have always had political themes, right?

Shit, Captain America was born from politics and Nazis.

To get butthurt over it is dumb. A movie should have a message. If it offends you, go lock your door and polish your guns

Tying to change the main character to fit your warped, factually incorrect agenda is wrong.

You don’t like who BP actually is? Make a new character.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tying to change the main character to fit your warped, factually incorrect agenda is wrong.

You don’t like who BP actually is? Make a new character.
You're kind of talking out of your ass, aren't ya? Here's a good article on just the comics .It's probably too long for you to read, but they are staying very true to the Black Panther character .

Sorry about that. I am sure you wanted to be upset about something and didn't want to come off as a racist POS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/the-politics-of-the-black-panther-1766701304/amp

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate when a dude obviously lifts. He looks like he is solid muscle. It's impressive.

Apparently!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical liberal idiot.

Get beat, claim racism
You added nothing in this discussion but claim SJW when yea, fucking Black Panther has ALWAYS been a SJW! Most black superheroes are SJW.

FUCK! All superheroes period are SJW!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one scene where they show the outline of his dick is outstanding .

tenor.gif

Reactions: ill

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sorry buddy... but i need to call BS on you... you seem to be a comic fan, then you should know comics have ALWAYS adapted to the times... ALWAYS... so if you dont think that black panther who is targeted to the black community to be their champion and their ticket into the Marvel universe would take liabilities for their target... that is just naive... and to be butt hurt about it is just odd...

Cant you just enjoy the movie as a super hero movie???

and i agree SJW sucks, but even with their terrible exaggeration, you do have to admit, there is some truth to what they say...

either way, it is up to you if you want to watch it.. but be careful at the excuses you give yourself to NOT see it...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry buddy... but i need to call BS on you... you seem to be a comic fan, then you should know comics have ALWAYS adapted to the times... ALWAYS... so if you dont think that black panther who is targeted to the black community to be their champion and their ticket into the Marvel universe would take liabilities for their target... that is just naive... and to be butt hurt about it is just odd...

Cant you just enjoy the movie as a super hero movie???

and i agree SJW sucks, but even with their terrible exaggeration, you do have to admit, there is some truth to what they say...

either way, it is up to you if you want to watch it.. but be careful at the excuses you give yourself to NOT see it...

I love black panther because he hates everyone.

When you take that away to take an unnecessary cheap shot at trump, it’s just lame. And as accurate as giving daredevil sight

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love black panther because he hates everyone.

When you take that away to take an unnecessary cheap shot at trump, it’s just lame. And as accurate as giving daredevil sight

i saw it last night... i didn't catch any cheap shots at trump.... there was some Politics in it, but it is the same Politics that you would expect...

I will admit, i dont know Black panther too much from the comics, really only from the cartoons that he made appearances in... I didn't feel like anything was too out of character... not anymore than the liabilities made in EVERY OTHER superhero movie...

Again, i know you are a superhero geek, just like me... i think you should just see it, dont let politics get in the way of your entertainment

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i saw it last night... i didn't catch any cheap shots at trump.... there was some Politics in it, but it is the same Politics that you would expect...

I will admit, i dont know Black panther too much from the comics, really only from the cartoons that he made appearances in... I didn't feel like anything was too out of character... not anymore than the liabilities made in EVERY OTHER superhero movie...

Again, i know you are a superhero geek, just like me... i think you should just see it, dont let politics get in the way of your entertainment

I was joke about the MWGA hat thing.

I’ll probably see it on dvd. Almost certainly.

But then again I haven’t been to a movie theatre since MoS...aka the gold standard for live super hero movies.