• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills to pay Lesean McCoy $16 million next season

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills re-did the contract for Lesean McCoy in anticipation of the trade with Philly officially completing on Tuesday. They will pay him a whopping $16 million next season, and $40 million overall over the next 5 seasons, half of it guaranteed.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you build a perennial loser in the NFL. Keep in mind that Demarco Murray, the NFL rushing leader, is an unrestricted free agent.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Bringing in great football players is silly when you're trying to play football.

When Murray does it consistently for five years, then you can compare them.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you build a perennial loser in the NFL.
Eagles fans have become accustomed to that over the past few seasons.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are a perennial tease and also-ran, but not a perennial loser, if you want to get technical about it....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are a perennial tease and also-ran, but not a perennial loser, if you want to get technical about it....
Maybe I should have rephrased my comment.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is an idiot

pot-kettle.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills re-did the contract for Lesean McCoy in anticipation of the trade with Philly officially completing on Tuesday. They will pay him a whopping $16 million next season, and $40 million overall over the next 5 seasons, half of it guaranteed.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you build a perennial loser in the NFL. Keep in mind that Demarco Murray, the NFL rushing leader, is an unrestricted free agent.

$13.125M of that is a signing bonus, spread over the 5 year duration of the contract. Bills are only paying him $5.5M against this year's salary cap. Only $26.5M is guaranteed in total. The average cap hit over the 5 years is $8M, but the last 2 years at nearly $9M per are non-guaranteed. Murray, who is older and much more injury-prone, is also asking for 5 years/$40M.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray's success had more to do with his offensive line. Shady doesn't really have that belief following him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's success had more to do with his offensive line. Shady doesn't really have that belief following him.
I think the line can become something special but it amazing me how many accolades they receive with a rookie, 2nd year center and T Smith. Those 1800 plus yards had a lot to do with Murray too. I just don't subscribe to plug and play here.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the line can become something special but it amazing me how many accolades they receive with a rookie, 2nd year center and T Smith. Those 1800 plus yards had a lot to do with Murray too. I just don't subscribe to plug and play here.

Yeah it was a really good OL last year....but its not like it is anything close to the 2nd coming of the 1990's Cowboys OL or anything.

And if the last couple of years have proven anything, it is that good OL can go downhill in a hurry. The best example is Shady's OL in Phili. In 2013 it was one of the best....in 2014 not so much. San Fran and others have had similar fates.

If the Cowboys lose Murray, they need a good backup plan to maintain anything close to the type of success Murray had last year. And while Phili just nabbed Gore, they are going to have to do better than that in the draft if they hope to have the same success running the football that they had the last two years.

Plug and play RB's in the NFL don't exist even if people want to believe they do. Like any position, you get what you invest in the position. The only caveat with this positional group is that it is way more often a better idea to invest in the draft than it is in FA.

Last edited:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP sounds a little salty!

I get it, he used to be your guy, he's not in town anymore.... so throw hate at the team who has it. I get it, classic Mean Girls behavior!

Interesting how everyone devalues the RB now. yet my team who has been to the last two superbowls just threw a boat load of money at our RB.... Defense and running the ball...still works. Good for the bills.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a really good OL last year....but its not like it is anything close to the 2nd coming of the 1990's Cowboys OL or anything.

And if the last couple of years have proven anything, it is that good OL can go downhill in a hurry. The best example is Shady's OL in Phili. In 2013 it was one of the best....in 2014 not so much. San Fran and others have had similar fates.

If the Cowboys lose Murray, they need a good backup plan to maintain anything close to the type of success Murray had last year. And while Phili just nabbed Gore, they are going to have to do better than that in the draft if they hope to have the same success running the football that they had the last two years.

Plug and play RB's in the NFL don't exist even if people want to believe they do. Like any position, you get what you invest in the position. The only caveat with this positional group is that it is way more often a better idea to invest in the draft than it is in FA.

2014 was still Shady's second best rushing total. His receiving and TD numbers were down, mostly due to Sproles. His ypc was still OK at 4.2.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's good news for Patriots fans. Shows the Bills are more interested in putting butts in the seats than rebuilding.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess I wasn't wrong about the Bills being a perennial loser. But my team isn't much better.