• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills Draft

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well im sure only a few people will chime in but I think the Bills had a solid draft. I didnt like trading up but that doesnt effect this draft. We selected one of the Elite prospects we selected multiple players for our Oline depth and some LB help and a CB. Only thing they didnt get was a safety.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills love my Tigers. There are now 6 Tigers turned Bills after this draft.

I see The Bills picked up Darius Robinson (CB) after the draft. I wish i could say he was a diamond in the rough but I don't see his career lasting that long.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't too bad of a draft, time will tell with some players. We sure do like drafting from the ACC though.

We have a surefire pick in Sammy Watkins.

We finally drafted an offensive tackle, hopefully he plays a little better than he did in some games his senior year.

Our final pick is a great boom or bust in the 7th round, he has a lot of talent, but gets in trouble a lot and never put it together.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills love my Tigers. There are now 6 Tigers turned Bills after this draft.

I see The Bills picked up Darius Robinson (CB) after the draft. I wish i could say he was a diamond in the rough but I don't see his career lasting that long.

Yea I dont know why that is. That we keep taking Tigers

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply can't grade this draft by pretending it did not result in losing a First Round pick next year. If you can pretend that didn't happen, then yeah, it doesn't look as bad. Here are my grades:

Sammy Watkins pick (F). Trading up and losing a first round pick next year is ridiculous. The fact that they even tossed in another pick shows Whaley has his head up his arse. Unless Watkins promptly produces at a Megatron type level, this makes no sense. Add to this the later trade of Stevie Johnson (at the very least before that we could finally say perhaps they had 2 legit WRs for the first time in 14 years) and it's almost an F-.

Cyrus Kouandjio (F). In 2012, this makes a bit more sense. But he wasn't very good in 2013 and the Bills need to take some stock in a kid's more recent performances when drafting him. Unless he was pulling a Clowney on everyone.

After that, I don't know enough about the guys they picked to grade it one way or the other. I do like the positions they targeted, but have no faith they picked the best guys. After the first two rounds...how could anyone?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
johnson, you may be upset, and rightfully so, but they are not F's. that's just your head being buried in the Bills shit pile. as much as I agree that next year's 1st is terrible to lose, Sammy Watkins is far and away better than any other skill player that came out this year. without the 1st rounder, this is a A+, as the deal stands, it is a C.

and man, Robert Woods was far and away better than Stevie last year... what games were you watching?? Stevie's back and hamstring injuries are starting to pile up, so this trade (essentially Stevie Johnson for Bryce Brown) is an A! if you disagree with that, I'm just gonna have to stop reading your posts, because it's a no brainer.

as far as Kouandjio, I can't say I spent much time watching him this year, but I do know he's a large man with a good reach and run blocking skills, and should be able to settle in at RT. I do know our last 2nd round tackle turned out pretty well.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well im sure only a few people will chime in but I think the Bills had a solid draft. I didnt like trading up but that doesnt effect this draft. We selected one of the Elite prospects we selected multiple players for our Oline depth and some LB help and a CB. Only thing they didnt get was a safety.

it made me chuckle that when it's positive it's "we" and when it's negative it's "they"

I didn't like the Bills draft....but hopefully you can take a game from the Pats!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins is the best WR in this years and next years draft. Barr injury, this guy is special.

#showtimeII

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably premature to say Watkins is the best WR in next years draft. Might want to let the college kids at least play a few games this season first.

All my opinions are based on the idea that Watkins is a good WR. I think he needs to be Megatron good though giving up a first round pick next draft. I do not think that will be the case.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably premature to say Watkins is the best WR in next years draft. Might want to let the college kids at least play a few games this season first.

All my opinions are based on the idea that Watkins is a good WR. I think he needs to be Megatron good though giving up a first round pick next draft. I do not think that will be the case.

megatron good requires a QB....one that stays healthy. Hopefully Manuel will put a couple of season together now.

It's all a guess, but I really like Watkins. I think the Bills got the best offensive player in the draft. Time will tell.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While obviously any WR will tend to have better stats with a better QB throwing him the ball, Megatron still produces even with turds because he's just that good.

In 2010, he had a "down year" and had 77 catches, 1120 yards, and 12 TD.

If Watkins doesn't perform at or above this level, you can't blame it on EJ Manuel being a subpar QB in judging the draft pick...because that's half the reason it's a stupid pick. You don't give away the draft farm on a WR when you still lack a franchise QB.

So if EJ is the guy (and Whaley has to believe he is), then Watkins needs to perform. NOW. Time will tell. And as we know, when it's the Bills, time goes by VERY, VERY slowly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well doesn't that depend on how good they are this season... what if they do make the playoffs, which I think they could, then the draft pick will be a 20+ pick where you are not going to get a stud anyway... And they clearly think Watkins is going to be a stud... he doesn't need to be megatron, but he should at least be a top 10 WR with what they paid...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While obviously any WR will tend to have better stats with a better QB throwing him the ball, Megatron still produces even with turds because he's just that good.

In 2010, he had a "down year" and had 77 catches, 1120 yards, and 12 TD.

If Watkins doesn't perform at or above this level, you can't blame it on EJ Manuel being a subpar QB in judging the draft pick...because that's half the reason it's a stupid pick. You don't give away the draft farm on a WR when you still lack a franchise QB.

So if EJ is the guy (and Whaley has to believe he is), then Watkins needs to perform. NOW. Time will tell. And as we know, when it's the Bills, time goes by VERY, VERY slowly.

A QB for a first round pick this year would have been a huge risk and after taking Manuel last year, a QB this year wasn't happening.

I thought they would go with OLinemen but didn't. So they got the best guy assuming they didn't see the linemen they wanted.

I didn't blame anything on Manuel cept to point to he didn't stay healthy and hope he does. Hopefully these two get on the same page. If they do, the front office will look brilliant for once.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they would go with OLinemen but didn't. So they got the best guy assuming they didn't see the linemen they wanted.

I didn't blame anything on Manuel cept to point to he didn't stay healthy and hope he does. Hopefully these two get on the same page. If they do, the front office will look brilliant for once.

Considering Robinson was the only O lineman taken when they selected Watkins, so it was never about seeing anyone but him.

I'm curious to see how E.J. and Woods' chemistry continues going forward... they were clearly on the same page last year. I really see Woods as a Reggie Wayne type guy, so if Watkins can be Marvin Harrison (with a bigger/stronger build and more speed), things could get nice... just missing one piece, oh yeah, that Peyton Manning guy. ;)

seriously though, with Goodwin and Graham blazing down the sidelines too, and two (almost three now) excellent backs behind him, E.J. is probably feeling a shit load of pressure... gulp.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they could possibly make the playoffs? They had a ridiculously easy schedule last year and ended up a pathetic 6-10. The schedule appears eons more difficult this year. Have the Bills gotten eons better and then some?

Brandon Spikes was their best offseason acquisition. After that?

Their draft has been roundly criticized by most "experts" and it's getting low grades in general. I tend to 100% agree. Could the Bills be the geniuses and prove everyone wrong? That's been the hope like the last 15 years. Not seeing why this year will be that year.

When I saw "Bills front office" and "Brilliant" in the same sentence I nearly spit out my coffee all over the computer.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You simply can't grade this draft by pretending it did not result in losing a First Round pick next year. If you can pretend that didn't happen, then yeah, it doesn't look as bad. Here are my grades:

Sammy Watkins pick (F). Trading up and losing a first round pick next year is ridiculous. The fact that they even tossed in another pick shows Whaley has his head up his arse. Unless Watkins promptly produces at a Megatron type level, this makes no sense. Add to this the later trade of Stevie Johnson (at the very least before that we could finally say perhaps they had 2 legit WRs for the first time in 14 years) and it's almost an F-.

Cyrus Kouandjio (F). In 2012, this makes a bit more sense. But he wasn't very good in 2013 and the Bills need to take some stock in a kid's more recent performances when drafting him. Unless he was pulling a Clowney on everyone.

After that, I don't know enough about the guys they picked to grade it one way or the other. I do like the positions they targeted, but have no faith they picked the best guys. After the first two rounds...how could anyone?

Sorry it took a while to respond. Im not pretending that the trade didn't happen. What I was saying is that it only effected THIS draft positively. If Watkins is terrible and we end up with a top 5 pick then next year the grade will be terrible because of the pick we are giving up. If Watkins has a 1K yard season and 10 TD and we have a winning record or make the playoffs is a pick in the 20s that much to give up for a WR that is becoming a true #1?

Since we didn't give up any picks this year we used them to draft OLine which we desperately need and another CB because it was a weakness. I know that you are upset with the trade but Kouandjo was a good pick in round two and again other than Glenn and Wood our Oline is terrible and needed to be upgraded and the two tackles and Guard we took will do that. That is why I gave them a B grade.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they could possibly make the playoffs? They had a ridiculously easy schedule last year and ended up a pathetic 6-10. The schedule appears eons more difficult this year. Have the Bills gotten eons better and then some?

Brandon Spikes was their best offseason acquisition. After that?

Their draft has been roundly criticized by most "experts" and it's getting low grades in general. I tend to 100% agree. Could the Bills be the geniuses and prove everyone wrong? That's been the hope like the last 15 years. Not seeing why this year will be that year.

When I saw "Bills front office" and "Brilliant" in the same sentence I nearly spit out my coffee all over the computer.

It was the first year in Marrones system and there were injuries all over the place to key players so by adding good LBs and improving the OLine its not unreasonable to think we can have a winning record.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first year in Marrones system and there were injuries all over the place to key players so by adding good LBs and improving the OLine its not unreasonable to think we can have a winning record.

I'd love to agree with you, but looking back over the last 15 years and seeing nothing but 6-10, and 7-9 records makes it tough.

I do like Marrone. I don't think injuries are excuses, they happen to all teams. This season is all on E.J. (unfortunately). Hopefully he can grow, because Thad Lewis looked better last year, and that can't be the case going forward.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to agree with you, but looking back over the last 15 years and seeing nothing but 6-10, and 7-9 records makes it tough.

I do like Marrone. I don't think injuries are excuses, they happen to all teams. This season is all on E.J. (unfortunately). Hopefully he can grow, because Thad Lewis looked better last year, and that can't be the case going forward.

Well there are injuries and then there are injuries our starting QB top two WR top two CB all missed significant time Byrd and Mario also missed time. Its tough to win when you are missing so many key guys.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is the Bills organization, despite having injury issues every single year, continues to fail to plan for them.

Any team that is about to trot out Jeff Tuel to be your Week 1 starter at QB is doing something VERY wrong. That should NEVER happen.

It was bizarre for a team so worried about injuries to add (wait for it)...Kevin Kolb to their roster to add depth. He promptly stubbed his toe and was never heard from again.

So while every team deals with injuries, the good ones plan accordingly. The Bills aren't in that category. God forbid Watkins gets injured...everyone will be wondering where that Stevie guy went.