• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Powers - I exempt that from this discussion

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

First he says he has never talked to Nick Saban or met Nick Saban. Then he acknowledges that he has had talks with Nick Saban's agent. Technically, he hasn't talked to Saban. If what he is saying is true, which I doubt.

After he admitted to talking to Saban's agent, he then exempted THAT part from the question on whether or not he has talked to Saban in October. Who the heck can exempt stuff from a discussion? I guess college athletes can now exempt certain questions from an exam, if they are not to their liking.

I am willing to bet that Bill Powers HAS talked to Nick Saban. Since Powers is a lawyer and no one else is admitting it, he is using "he said she said." This is what our society is anymore. We all lie.

No wonder some universities and some college athletes cheat. The powers(pun intended) above them lie and cheat.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he lies.
Therefore, he lies.
Consequently, others lie.

Husker Syllogism.
Nebraska education.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet, another one of these threads.

:ranger:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is some serious reaching. Shocking coming from this particular poster.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the comments and here is the gist:

1. I don't think he lied.
2. He could have a 3rd party talking to Saban's agent (not Saban) and he would be telling the truth.
3. A number could have been discussed between the 3rd parties but nothing officially agreed to and he would be telling the truth.

In short the whole announcement was one very skillfully constructed dodge. Fact is we know Texas has made contact it would be crazy not too and these are smart people. I'm sitting at 60/40 it doesn't happen but wouldn't be floored anymore if it did.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Powers is a proven liar.

LHN contract signed in December 2010 by BILL POWERS. A lawyer. A guy who reads and writes contracts.

Big 12 Conference meetings in May/June 2011, Bill Powers tells the Big 12 a contract with ESPN has been signed and texas and ESPN would like one game to be broadcast on it.

Oops, the contract specifically states TWO or more games.

Once the contract showed that POWERS lied to the Big 12, and the other super secrets in it, that Bill Powers omiitted to mention, the Big 12 ALMOST imploded(again) on September 4, 2011, when Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12.

Bill Powers is a proven liar.

Vince Young, a living example of the quality of a Texas education.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? I heard a rumor that Nick Saban is going to Texas...Yeah that's it. I heard it was a done deal for 10 million and everyone is trying to cover it up now. Yeah, That's the ticket.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

First he says he has never talked to Nick Saban or met Nick Saban. Then he acknowledges that he has had talks with Nick Saban's agent. Technically, he hasn't talked to Saban. If what he is saying is true, which I doubt.

After he admitted to talking to Saban's agent, he then exempted THAT part from the question on whether or not he has talked to Saban in October. Who the heck can exempt stuff from a discussion? I guess college athletes can now exempt certain questions from an exam, if they are not to their liking.

I am willing to bet that Bill Powers HAS talked to Nick Saban. Since Powers is a lawyer and no one else is admitting it, he is using "he said she said." This is what our society is anymore. We all lie.

No wonder some universities and some college athletes cheat. The powers(pun intended) above them lie and cheat.

I have to ask. Wouldn't Tom Osborne play it the same way? When you are in this position, you have to play it a certain way in the best interest of all parties involved. The funny thing about all this is Texas will probably hire someone that we will all be saying, WHO? Just like what happened when they hired Mack Brown.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Husker butt hurt. Color me shocked.

Texas has probably reached out to every coach on their list, including NFL coaches. You may not get them......but you have to make them turn you down. Since the job isn't officially open, you can't just admit you're doing this.

BTW, this same thing would happen at Nebraska, don't kid yourself. It happens at every major program out there.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certain that Texas has talked with Saban and every other big name coach out there. Doesn't mean that they want to go or will go to Austin.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that UT's decent season has kinda ensured that ole butter tooth will be back next year. Haha.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all seem to miss the point of the thread. The thread title says nothing about SABAN.

I am questioning Bill Powers ability to speak truth.

Once he realized that he put himself in a counterpoint to his saying he never talked to SABAN by admitting that he talked to SABAN's agent(de facto talking to Saban), he decided to EXEMPT(what the hell is that?), that truth from the discussion.

How many people here have EVER said in a discussion, I claim EXEMPT!!!!! when you have been caught in a lie?

Next time you have a problem with the law, I recommend you claim EXEMPT!!! I am sure it will work wonders for you.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all seem to miss the point of the thread. The thread title says nothing about SABAN.

I am questioning Bill Powers ability to speak truth.

Once he realized that he put himself in a counterpoint to his saying he never talked to SABAN by admitting that he talked to SABAN's agent(de facto talking to Saban), he decided to EXEMPT(what the hell is that?), that truth from the discussion.

How many people here have EVER said in a discussion, I claim EXEMPT!!!!! when you have been caught in a lie?
Next time you have a problem with the law, I recommend you claim EXEMPT!!! I am sure it will work wonders for you.
-

You are so off. The guy that reached out to Saban is trying to get Powers fired. He is currently under impeachment hearings. One of the issues with that contact was is was seen as very embarrassing. UT official reached out and it was not with blessing of the President or AD department. Powers had nothing to do with that. His support of Mack is well documented and frustrating to many Longhorn fans. I get you have an agenda, but this is really stretching