• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Trade in Seattle Sports History?

What was the biggest trade in Seattle Sports History?

• Gary Payton traded to the Bucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ken Griffey Jr traded to the Reds

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Russell Wilson traded to Broncos

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those vet QBs are going off the board so hopefully Lock starts and the FO doesn't do something dumb like drafting a QB.
There's still a few guys out there we could take a look at like Minshew, Mariota and even Garoppolo

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a few guys out there we could take a look at like Minshew, Mariota and even Garoppolo
Gropp sucks and his record isn't who he really is. I like Minshew but he'll take us out of having any chance of drafting one of those two QBs I mentioned. With Minshew I think we would be good but not great. Mariota would be a waste of money since he gets banged up too much as a starter. Pass on him.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock should be the starter to get us close to the top of the 2023 draft.

What's weird is if that's the goal (tank for Stroud, Young, or Richardson) then why resign Diggs, Woods (would be 32/37 by the time you're ready to get something going) and why not just trade Lockett and blow it all up? And why resign Dissly to that stupid contract?

I 100% believe there's someone in the NFL draft they are eyeing and Drew Lock was simply thrown in the package as a last minute, "Oh here, have this guy too." And it's just competition (if you can call Drew Lock that) at this point for the guy they draft. I really think Ridder or Corral end up in a Seahawks uni with a late 1st round pick (by trading up their 2nds) or they trade back into the later first and snag him then.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weird is if that's the goal (tank for Stroud, Young, or Richardson) then why resign Diggs, Woods (would be 32/37 by the time you're ready to get something going) and why not just trade Lockett and blow it all up? And why resign Dissly to that stupid contract?

I 100% believe there's someone in the NFL draft they are eyeing and Drew Lock was simply thrown in the package as a last minute, "Oh here, have this guy too." And it's just competition (if you can call Drew Lock that) at this point for the guy they draft. I really think Ridder or Corral end up in a Seahawks uni with a late 1st round pick (by trading up their 2nds) or they trade back into the later first and snag him then.
You see that's what makes the NFL Draft so interesting. You never know what a team is going to do until they do it. Most of the time the FO doesn't know they're gonna make a trade until they do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see that's what makes the NFL Draft so interesting. You never know what a team is going to do until they do it. Most of the time the FO doesn't know they're gonna make a trade until they do.

I think they knew Wilson was coming. Wilson is very much a consummate professional and was going to continue his "Go Hawks" and not spread rumors until anything happened. And Carroll as a HC was not going to say anything either. But I think all parties knew a trade was happening and that's been for a while.

What confuses me is why did they resign Lockett and Jamal Adams if this was in the plan? OR, Seattle's FO thought they could save the relationship with Wilson but then 2021 the injury happened and Wilson just said F it. Despite the new OC, Seattle's gameplan still seemed to be Russell running around then and chucking deep balls 24/7... nothing seemed to change from 2020.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they knew Wilson was coming. Wilson is very much a consummate professional and was going to continue his "Go Hawks" and not spread rumors until anything happened. And Carroll as a HC was not going to say anything either. But I think all parties knew a trade was happening and that's been for a while.

What confuses me is why did they resign Lockett and Jamal Adams if this was in the plan? OR, Seattle's FO thought they could save the relationship with Wilson but then 2021 the injury happened and Wilson just said F it. Despite the new OC, Seattle's gameplan still seemed to be Russell running around then and chucking deep balls 24/7... nothing seemed to change from 2020.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that it's the same thing with the offense as it is with the defense. It doesn't matter who calls the plays on offense it's still going to be Pete undermining the guy to run the offensive plays he wants. It's never going to change either.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's QBs being drafted are pretty much thrown into the starting position except for Trey Lance. So Woods is probably a filler and Seattle will have 2 firsts next year to draft his replacement and Diggs is 29 so he'll hold his spot down until it's time in a couple of years to draft his replacement. Dissley I guess will run with Fant as TE1 and 2 but they could have drafted one in the mid rounds. I hope they don't draft any QB this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Rodgers contract forced the Hawks hand in trading Wilson now then later was probably the best option since they weren't going to pay him 50mil per yr.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's QBs being drafted are pretty much thrown into the starting position except for Trey Lance. So Woods is probably a filler and Seattle will have 2 firsts next year to draft his replacement and Diggs is 29 so he'll hold his spot down until it's time in a couple of years to draft his replacement. Dissley I guess will run with Fant as TE1 and 2 but they could have drafted one in the mid rounds. I hope they don't draft any QB this year.
Mahomes was not thrown into the fire before he was ready. Rodgers was another guy who sat behind a veteran QB for a few years. Fields sat on the bench last season after being drafted. Even Brady wasn't the Week 1 starter for the Patriots back in 2002. The list goes on and on...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete's not aiming for a early 2023 draft pick, he's going to try and win every game he can. I agree he'll draft a QB this draft, but hopefully not with the first round pick. There is a group of QBs Willis is favored to go first which may or may not happen and who the Seahawks are thinking of taking could drop to round 2 this season. Steelers,Falcons, Saints and Panthers are looking for a QB and one of them may trade for Watson, leaving only 3 teams taking a QB so I think it's possible that the Seahawks use their 2nd round pick for a QB. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but that is what I hope for. I also think they bring in a veteran QB to be in the mix and have a three way competition to be the starter. Minshew, Mariota and for me Huntley are some candidates to get signed.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes was not thrown into the fire before he was ready. Rodgers was another guy who sat behind a veteran QB for a few years. Fields sat on the bench last season after being drafted. Even Brady wasn't the Week 1 starter for the Patriots back in 2002. The list goes on and on...
Maholmes had to wait cause of the Alex Smith contract cause I believe the cap hit was to big so then they traded him in his final year which gave Maholmes the keys. Going way back in the day it was always draft a QB and make him sit and learn the ropes which is what Rodgers did. Now a days, not really a thing. Fields is a project and we'll see next year if he takes the next step. Brady was a very late round pick to be Bledsoe's back up. No one and I mean no one would ever have thought the Pats just drafted the GOAT.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's not aiming for a early 2023 draft pick, he's going to try and win every game he can. I agree he'll draft a QB this draft, but hopefully not with the first round pick. There is a group of QBs Willis is favored to go first which may or may not happen and who the Seahawks are thinking of taking could drop to round 2 this season. Steelers,Falcons, Saints and Panthers are looking for a QB and one of them may trade for Watson, leaving only 3 teams taking a QB so I think it's possible that the Seahawks use their 2nd round pick for a QB. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but that is what I hope for. I also think they bring in a veteran QB to be in the mix and have a three way competition to be the starter. Minshew, Mariota and for me Huntley are some candidates to get signed.
I'd take Minshew if the FO is bringing in a vet.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Chiefs had Alex Smith who was doing a fine job.
The Packers had Brett "Fahv-rah."
The Patriots still had Bledsoe.
The Bears and Nagy are just morons in general.

So yeah... little bit of a different circumstance there. Lock has shown he's generally useless. Possible a change of scenery may help, but I doubt it. We're not getting Drew Brees 2.0 here.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Chiefs had Alex Smith who was doing a fine job.
The Packers had Brett "Fahv-rah."
The Patriots still had Bledsoe.
The Bears and Nagy are just morons in general.

So yeah... little bit of a different circumstance there. Lock has shown he's generally useless. Possible a change of scenery may help, but I doubt it. We're not getting Drew Brees 2.0 here.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorites. Followed not to far from the Dave Ortiz trade to Minnesota.
www.sbnation.com
It's the 20th anniversary of one of the worst trades in baseball history