• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Darkhorse Team for 2016

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington was already my dark horse pick in the PAC.

I will add Texas. Lot of young talent. I think it is a least 1 year away, but if we are talking about a team with the potential to really surprise people Texas fits the bill. Plus my boy had a dream, so I got that going for me.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the question for what it was intended

North Carolina

Pros
15 returning starters
play Georgia first game and Georgia has a new coach
play at Miami with Miami having new coach Mark Richt, the old Georgia Coach
Had a pretty good ACC defense last year

Cons
New QB, Mitch Trubisky
play AT Florida State
That pretty good ACC defense was EXPOSED by a depleted B12 Baylor in the bowl game. More like, embarrassed.

If North Carolina can win in Tallahassee on October 1, big if, North Carolina could run the table to get to the ACC Championship game and face either Clemson or FSU(again).

Against Delaware in 2015, QB Mitch Trubisky completed 17 of 20 passes for 312 yards and four touchdown passes covering 33, 64, 10 and 63 yards. He also rushed for 39 yards on six carries. Four Star dual threat prospect out of Ohio.

His QB rating for the game was 282, a school record.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OP is looking for people to pick Tennessee...Although I think Tennessee will be good, they wont be the dark horse.

But good question....AT this point I'm unsure.
I agree the vols are much improved. I cant see them as a dark horse. Im going with Wisconsin. They returned a lot of players on a very solid defense. And are flying under the radar

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU, @MSU, @Michigan, OSU and @Iowa in their first 7 games makes this seem unlikely.
Not impossible. If that defense shuts down Fournette and forces LSU to pass that game is winnable. OSU and MSU will be tough but they did lose players to the draft. Michigan and Iowa may be over rated Iowa barely squeaked by Wisconsin last year. Michigan is transitioning at QB and they didn't beat anyone significant last year. Don't sleep on Wisconsin they're A solid choice

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the 2017 number 1 pick will be Luke Falk so I'll take us. I also predict Mike Leach will get struck by lightning during the game that will decide the Pac12 North

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impossible. If that defense shuts down Fournette and forces LSU to pass that game is winnable. OSU and MSU will be tough but they did lose players to the draft. Michigan and Iowa may be over rated Iowa barely squeaked by Wisconsin last year. Michigan is transitioning at QB and they didn't beat anyone significant last year. Don't sleep on Wisconsin they're A solid choice
Wisconsin also will have a new QB (they don't know who yet) and a new D coordinator. I never said impossible but they have the deck stacked against them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the question for what it was intended

North Carolina

Pros
15 returning starters
play Georgia first game and Georgia has a new coach
play at Miami with Miami having new coach Mark Richt, the old Georgia Coach
Had a pretty good ACC defense last year

Cons
New QB, Mitch Trubisky
play AT Florida State
That pretty good ACC defense was EXPOSED by a depleted B12 Baylor in the bowl game. More like, embarrassed.

If North Carolina can win in Tallahassee on October 1, big if, North Carolina could run the table to get to the ACC Championship game and face either Clemson or FSU(again).

Against Delaware in 2015, QB Mitch Trubisky completed 17 of 20 passes for 312 yards and four touchdown passes covering 33, 64, 10 and 63 yards. He also rushed for 39 yards on six carries. Four Star dual threat prospect out of Ohio.

His QB rating for the game was 282, a school record.
I thought so too until I saw that disaster against Baylor as you noted. I like Fedora. He is a Texas guy and I was thinking he had it going at NC. Now, I'm not so sure.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Horse ... Hmmm ...

I'm going to go with Army. They are the Black Knights of the Hudson. Tough to find a darker horse than one that belongs to a black knight.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In seriousness

LOUISVILLE

They return a ton of defensive talent PLUS they have a possible star at Quarterback.

The non-conference is manageable.

That game with Clemson looks like it might be for the ACC de facto title.