• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG XII Bowl Line up, looks ugly

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pooor Aggie chiming in about bowl games?

That pathetic program is 2-9 in their last 11 bowl games.

Losing Bowl games is what Aggie does.

Mack Brown wins bowl games.

Mack is very good in bowl games.
He might have his faults, but he gets it done in bowl games.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-4 is mediocrity in Austin, 8-4 is celebrated as EXCELLENCE in C.S........

So smart ass, tell me where I said the first thing about A&M having an excellent season. I didn't. I actually was having a decent conversation with hook'em. You were the first one to throw out an insult concerning A&Ms OOC schedule and I responded by pointing out a cupcake on your schedule. You and charlie just can't seem to make a post without talking shit about A&M.

I understand you are just looking for something to take your mind of the ass whipping Oregon is going to put on your horns, in your own back yyard, but are you going to be this pissy for a whole month? Will you continue to be a bunch of ass clowns when every coach on your wish list tells Texas no thanks?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You 2 should play nice. Let's face it, mediocrity has not only been accepted it was been celebrated in Texas. Mack goes 8-5 beating the likes of Kansas and Iowa State and he got a raise. Sumlin goes 9-4 beating up Olé Miss and Miss State and he gets a raise. No wonder Saban wants to come to Texas to escape the expectations.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy with a bag on his head.

Shouldn't you be getting to work on your list of excuses for getting embarrassed by the Ducks?

Show me 1 post from ANY thread in the history of this board where I have made an excuse for ANY loss we've ever had.

I have no problem with us getting beat by the Ducks.....because at the end of the day, I'm rooting for us to get a new coach.

Maybe the bag should have clued you in.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor vs UCF

Oklahoma vs Alabama

Oklahoma State vs Missouri

Texas vs Oregon

Kansas State vs Michigan

Texas Tech vs Arizona State

0-6?

Could be brutal. :drink:

Yeah, and I think the whole bowl lineup in general, sucks this year. A lot of bad matchups, all over the place. The only one that looks good is FSU-Auburn. Just as an example, and there are a boat-load of them that I wont list, would be: Why not Bama-Oregon? We've wanted to see that game for 2 years now, and here is the chance. But noooo, it makes too much sense. They could have made it happen.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I think the whole bowl lineup in general, sucks this year. A lot of bad matchups, all over the place. The only one that looks good is FSU-Auburn. Just as an example, and there are a boat-load of them that I wont list, would be: Why not Bama-Oregon? We've wanted to see that game for 2 years now, and here is the chance. But noooo, it makes too much sense. They could have made it happen.

the oregon fans didn't even travel to phoenix to play for the national title. why would they travel to new orleans to get roasted?

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In some years when we thought the B12 would do really well in the bowls they didn't, maybe this year when everyone is expecting the B12 to not do very well we get a big surprise.

I can dream can't I?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single game with the exception of Baylor is playing up.
It is a bad draw. But, I don't think there is an 0-6 happening.

OKLAHOMA is probably overmatched, but they might get tired of hearing how bad they suck for 40 days. The Tide likely win if they don't get too overconfident and disinterested.

TEXAS TECH seems like an impossible game to read. I cannot envision it. I suppose the higher ranked ASU team wins somewhat easy.

OKLAHOMA STATE was underrated while Missouri was overrated. I like the Cowboys big in this one.

BAYLOR annihilates ucf. This was the worst possible type of team for an aspiring underdog. They would have been better playing a defensive traditional team like Michigan State or Stanford.

KANSAS STATE seems to stink in bowl games under Snyder, which no one ever mentions in their nonstop praise of him. Michigan seems to be in a coma all season. I give this one a draw.

TEXAS is playing the classic "team who doesn't want to be there". Oregon fans will not bother to travel for a game they have no desire to play. If the Ducks show up, they likely win. But, there is only about a 10% chance Oregon makes an effort. It might be a feel good moment to send Mack out with a win.

The Big 12 goes 3-3.

A lot depends on whether Kansas State can actually win a game in the postseason AND whether Oregon goes through the motions and folds up early.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor vs UCF

Oklahoma vs Alabama

Oklahoma State vs Missouri

Texas vs Oregon

Kansas State vs Michigan

Texas Tech vs Arizona State

3-3

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 can go 1-5 for all I care, as long as the Horns win. I'll leave the teabagging of conference members to Team SEC, especially to their #1 whore Sakau......

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UCF v Baylor - The only time I saw UCF play was against USCe and they gave them all they wanted and then some. Baylor in a squeaker but I wouldn't be surprised to see UCF pull this out.

OU V Bama - Don't know how OU wins this one unless 08 Bama shows up. Bama could still have butt hurt from missing their chance to win 3 in a row. Still think Bama wins.

UT v UO - If Oregon's QB can run like he did early in the season they will roll. Texas is going to try and bring the same gameplan that Stanford employed long time consuming drives on the ground. Texas has talent just don't know if Mack can get them motivated. Think UO wins but closer than expected.

KSU v Michigan - Take KSU because Synder is one of the best coaches in the country. Will there stud safety be back for this game?

Tech v ASU - Think this is probably the best match up. I like Tech's coach I think he has a great offensive mind. I think Tech finds a way to win this one.

OSU v Mizzou - Think Gundy and OSU match up well with Mizzou. Giving this one to the OSU.

So that's 4-2 for me.

I can't help but think that OU shocks a lot of people in this one, but if they do it will be because Bama was uninspired (bullshit). OU has nothing to lose in this one, first time in a long time they been this big of underdog and shown no respect at all.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 can go 1-5 for all I care, as long as the Horns win. I'll leave the teabagging of conference members to Team SEC, especially to their #1 whore Sakau......

That's how I feel with the PAC.

Winning bowls helps recruiting and I have no interest to root for rivals recruiting efforts.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will go somewhere between 6-0 & 0-6. Book it!!!

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think Texas had a good chance to beat the ducks if offense can score points. That high powered Oregon offense is going up against a pretty good Texas D and Mariota looks like he lost a step after the Stanford game.

A lot of people thought tu would have their asses handed to them by Oregon State last year in the Alamo Bowl.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Texas had a good chance to beat the ducks if offense can score points. That high powered Oregon offense is going up against a pretty good Texas D and Mariota looks like he lost a step after the Stanford game.

A lot of people thought tu would have their asses handed to them by Oregon State last year in the Alamo Bowl.
-
you have to actually understand the Texas defense. It is an odd creature. One of the best DLs in the country. Secondary is solid, if unspectacular. LB has some real issues. Man to Man, Texas has an advantage with their DL vs Oregon's OL. Unfortunately that is not how modern football is played. Texas is not disciplined. Oregon will make Texas play assignment football. Texas doesnt play assignment football well. I have seen it a 100 times this yr. Read option comes Jeffcoat and Brown combine for a 0 - negative play. I cringe, because I know the QB is going for 10+ in the next 3 plays. That is exactly what Oregon does. They wont physically run over Texas, they will mind f#ck them .

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't help but think that OU shocks a lot of people in this one, but if they do it will be because Bama was uninspired (bullshit). OU has nothing to lose in this one, first time in a long time they been this big of underdog and shown no respect at all.

The reason I think Bama wins this one has nothing to do with respect but everything to do with the style Bama will play. They like to run it between the tackles and OU has not been very good against this all year. Hell Kansas was running up the middle on us. Face it since Nelson and Phillips got hurt OU has not been the same defense against the run. I hope you are right and OU shocks the world but unless they find a beast nose tackle between now and the bowl game I just don't see how.