• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the BigTen isn't all that good how about bashing the ACC? I only say that because according to the current AP top 25 the BigTen has three teams ranked while the ACC only has one.

<stirs shit up & leaves>

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't even looked at any of that stuff until today. And that was because Mamba posted a link to it. I have no clue who the media thinks would be selected. And I wouldn't think for a second that they have any inside information.

I'm basing my opinion off what has happened thus far. Thus far the B1G is terrible and frankly with what's happened OOC why should they deserve anything? And yes I know the committee is picking teams, not conferences, but SOS is a factor and the two teams that haven't loss yet didn't challenge themselves OOC either.

News Flash: We are in a play-off as we speak. Don't fucking lose.

Thus far Penn St and Nebraska have done everything asked of them. It's not under their control that Texas A&M won't get a chance to play them in the regular season or CCG.
It is under every SEC team's control not to lose.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the PAC's been far and away the worst conference since the 90's.

But USC sure didn't do the PAC any favors this year, and really the only reason to cheer for the PAC is if it helps SC's playoff chances.

PAC was considered pretty weak when USC was running the place over there and immediately following their probation sentence. I don't recall which year it was, recently, but the conference was considered piss poor all season long and managed a pretty good bowl showing.

Just humorous to me that posters repping a conference that has forever been considered a 1-school show (with USC being that one show) are beating their chests so hard. I see a lot of oregon fans doing it, so maybe its just an Oregon thing. :noidea:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the committees job is to select the best 4 teams why the hell would the potentially reward a team from the conference that is by far the worst of the P5?

Isn't it interesting that "By Far the worst conference of the P5?" does not have the least amount of ranked teams out of the P5?

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News Flash: We are in a play-off as we speak. Don't fucking lose.

Thus far Penn St and Nebraska have done everything asked of them. It's not under their control that Texas A&M won't get a chance to play them in the regular season or CCG.
It is under every SEC team's control not to lose.

Just wow.

:laugh:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC was considered pretty weak when USC was running the place over there and immediately following their probation sentence. I don't recall which year it was, recently, but the conference was considered piss poor all season long and managed a pretty good bowl showing.

Just humorous to me that posters repping a conference that has forever been considered a 1-school show (with USC being that one show) are beating their chests so hard. I see a lot of oregon fans doing it, so maybe its just an Oregon thing. :noidea:

Where are Oregon fans pounding our chests?
Discussing the reality of the state of the b1g isnt pounding our chests.
Will wait...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please go to the college football play-off site and copy/paste where it says they'll use polls in their decision making process. I'll wait.

As per your second point. Once again, they are not selecting conferences, they are selecting teams. An undefeated Big 10 team will have done all that has been asked of it. Therefore they will get in over a one loss team from another conference, because that one loss team did not do all that was asked of it.

Mark May called. He's going to tell you who's in the play-off after week 3 of 13 and needs an audience.

LOL @ you.

Never said they are using the polls. And I even said, if UGA/So. Car win out who is going to be thought of in higher regard. I think it'll be UGA/So. Car given schedules. And again I said they are selecting teams, not conferences.

And I'm not sure why you continue to lol at me. I can form an opinion on my own. It's my opinion that a 1 loss team that played a much tougher schedule be selected ahead of an undefeated team that didn't play near as a tough of a schedule. I'll take the conference talk out of it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it interesting that "By Far the worst conference of the P5?" does not have the least amount of ranked teams out of the P5?

Oh man you've done it now. There's no room on this site for actual facts!:pound:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it would be the 1 win over the other P5 conferences. Which is by far the worst of any conference and it's not really even close. Seriously after this weekend if you think there is a question about the worst P5 conference, I can't really help you at this point.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys want to take conferences out of it, then do it like this:

How many undefeated teams have there been in each of the last 5 years:
2013 - 1 - FSU
2012 - 1 - Ohio State
2011 - 0
2010 - 2 - Auburn & TCU
2009 - 2 - Bama & Boise State

It's a 4 team playoff, if the pattern holds there is 1 undefeated team, maybe 2, so no matter the conference an undefeated team should get into the playoff from a Power 5.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it would be the 1 win over the other P5 conferences. Which is by far the worst of any conference and it's not really even close. Seriously after this weekend if you think there is a question about the worst P5 conference, I can't really help you at this point.

Wouldn't you think a conference that is "By far" the worst would have the least amount of ranked teams?

Yet they don't.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you think a conference that is "By far" the worst would have the least amount of ranked teams?

Yet they don't.

"Pssssssh AP Poll lol :rollseyes: "

~The committee

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are on field results facts?

B1G 1-10 vs P5s

Deal with that Jack!

Wow...I was joking around. Calm down, of course the BigTen isn't good right now.

Are you still upset over that 2010 Rose Bowl?:noidea:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are on field results facts?

B1G 1-10 vs P5s

Deal with that Jack!

Actual facts are it doesn't matter much at all. Conference champs are going and if there is an undefeated conf champ, they are virtually guaranteed in. So, take care of business on the field and you're in. Pretty simple.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet they don't.

:lol:

Not even getting started.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I was joking around. Calm down, of course the BigTen isn't good right now.

Are you still upset over that 2010 Rose Bowl?:noidea:

1. I am forever mellow.

2. Upset over leaving the snow in January to get an opportunity to play Ohio in Pasadena.... ???? Are you joking? Heck no I am not upset. 0-8 vs ohio so it was nothing new.

I am hoping for Oregon to get that 1st win in a few years vs the bucks