• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BIG 10 THERAPY THREAD

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I know. But when determining who played a tougher schedule the computer is a tool to figure it out. If the committee doesn't look at computers they can certainly judge for themselves based on an individual schedule who's is tougher.

When it comes to P-5's. and ND, they'll only default to that when the other criteria have been exhausted. An undefeated P-5 or ND is in over teams with a loss.

Deal with it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you are changing the original subject to all P-5 champs undefeated? :L

If that were the case then they would have to default to SOS, because win/loss, conference champions, common opponents, and head to head will have already been exhausted.

LOL @ you for changing the criteria.
I wasn't changing the criteria, I was making a hypothetical that made sense to me, but evidently not to you.

Look I'm done with the discussion.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just keep making this shit up. There are no rules for the committee that I know of. As in hoops, we'll get an idea of what they will look for over the years, but right you have no fucking idea and you keep pulling this out of your ass as if you are talking facts. Show me your source for the fact that SOS is only for mid major comparisons. I'll be waiting.

Is it not obvious to you that SOS was made a criteria to ensure an undefeated P-5 got in over an undefeated mid major? That it's their "out" in case of an anti-trust suit.

LOL @ you.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all hyped for this new system...thought some of the rampant groupthink would be put to rest.

Boy was I wrong.

3 weeks into the season and everyone has all but written off an entire conference.

:L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, "I don't have a source, I admit I am just pulling this out of my ass," so I'll insult you and call you a nutswinger.

As to "Body of work = Don't lose" ... explain when 5 CCs, plus ND are undefeated. What do your "rules" say about that, and provide the source. Again, I'll be waiting.

Funny thing, this was just a fun exercise in discussing how something like this would go down before you got your jimmies all rustled up.

Once again, if all P-5's and ND go undefeated they'll go to SOS.

I'm in full agreement with that. What else are they going to do?

However, that was not the original premise of the debate was it?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people are hopeless.

Keep living in make believe world where the teams that reside in the 2014 b1g are still relevant.

How about answering the question.

Will an Oregon win over Michigan St be >>>> than a Penn St or Nebraska win over Michigan St based solely on Oregon being in the PAC?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all hyped for this new system...thought some of the rampant groupthink would be put to rest.

Boy was I wrong.

3 weeks into the season and everyone has all but written off an entire conference.

:L

Whirred.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon fed by the Four Letter + Still able to form sentences = CFB Zombie Apocalypse

:dhd:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about answering the question.

Will an Oregon win over Michigan St be >>>> than a Penn St or Nebraska win over Michigan St based solely on Oregon being in the PAC?

I answered that yesterday.

No the wins would be equal.

Beat em and get back to me.

You are acting like. PSU and Nebraska already beat them.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But Red-Alert states as fact that if you win you are in and that the committee won't look to subjectively evaluate teams. I was using an extreme example to show that the committee certainly could, and that there were situations that they would have to. I could have just as easily said that you have all one loss teams, which would be closer to reality, but the point I was making would have been the same.

The point I have been making all along is simply that I believe the committee will look at your slate of games, and just because you are undefeated doesn't guarantee you are in. I think my post above showing what a one loss Auburn would have to do to get to that point is persuasive.

Again, if you look at past years, there will be also sorts of Conf Champ permutations, so who the hell knows. I was just kicking around thoughts and some Nebraska fans got their panties in wads.

When it comes to P-5's emphasis will be put on win/loss. An undefeated conference champ is in over a one loss team from another P-5. They all will have played P-5 weighted schedules.

Just win.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered that yesterday.

No the wins would be equal.

Beat em and get back to me.

You are acting like. PSU and Nebraska already beat them.

No. I'm acting like it's an ongoing subject, like it is.

It is you who's closed the book on two undefeated teams for potentially one loss teams.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm acting like it's an ongoing subject, like it is.

It is you who's closed the book on two undefeated teams for potentially one loss teams.

Sorry

I am in just in the camp that Nebraska and Penn state lose a game.... At least.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry

I am in just in the camp that Nebraska and Penn state lose a game.... At least.
Recent history says you are probably right but I think there is a saying that applies here having to do with eggs and chickens and a basket or something.

Oh, yeah, go fuck a chicken in its egg hole, you basket head.

:whistle:, I kid

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent history says you are probably right but I think there is a saying that applies here having to do with eggs and chickens and a basket or something.

Oh, yeah, go fuck a chicken in its egg hole, you basket head.

:whistle:, I kid

You're on point today. That's two threads in a row I've opened and had to give you a thumbs up because I LOLed.