• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best What if Player?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he was a crack addict since high school.

BS.

First off, he died from a cocaine overdose. Not crack. Pretty big difference there in terms of addictive power. Second, every account I have ever heard said he tried coke for the first time on draft night. Now, I am not naive enough to think that is the gospel truth, but don't come out here talking trash about a dead man unless you have proof of what you claim.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS.

First off, he died from a cocaine overdose. Not crack. Pretty big difference there in terms of addictive power. Second, every account I have ever heard said he tried coke for the first time on draft night. Now, I am not naive enough to think that is the gospel truth, but don't come out here talking trash about a dead man unless you have proof of what you claim.
uhhhh

no, he was a crack head at maryland. his coach had his players empty bias's room of drugs right after he died.

On August 26, 1986, State's Attorney Arthur A. Marshall Jr. stated that in the hours after Bias's death, Maryland head basketball coach Lefty Driesell told players to remove drugs from Bias's dorm room. Two days later, Bias's father, James, accused the university, and Driesell specifically, of neglecting the academic status of their athletes. The National Collegiate Athletic Association subsequently began an investigation into the affair that fall.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for more on boston sports, ask a boston guy.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i highly recommend "life without bias". the ESPN 30 for 30.

len was painted as a happy go lucky, sad story of a one time use overdose.

his drug use was well known at maryland by teammates and staff. it was 1986...

no one had to know.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhhh

no, he was a crack head at maryland. his coach had his players empty bias's room of drugs right after he died.

On August 26, 1986, State's Attorney Arthur A. Marshall Jr. stated that in the hours after Bias's death, Maryland head basketball coach Lefty Driesell told players to remove drugs from Bias's dorm room. Two days later, Bias's father, James, accused the university, and Driesell specifically, of neglecting the academic status of their athletes. The National Collegiate Athletic Association subsequently began an investigation into the affair that fall.

Interesting. I too had heard the one time use story.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I too had heard the one time use story.
of course. thats what everyone was told. a cant miss celtic COULDNT have been a drug addict. the nba wouldnt allow it, nor would maryland. Red would never be known as the guy to draft a drug addict, right?

it was a not so well kept secret that he was addicted to crack (both). powder was pricey then. crack, was not.

so, the picture was painted...care of the DARE program etc...happy go lucky draftee who tried coke once and died. perfect for nancy reagan.

they used him as the poster boy for "how drugs can kill you in an instant, even the first time".

he was an addict, who was used to help promote anti drug programs.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course. thats what everyone was told. a cant miss celtic COULDNT have been a drug addict. the nba wouldnt allow it, nor would maryland. Red would never be known as the guy to draft a drug addict, right?

it was a not so well kept secret that he was addicted to crack (both). powder was pricey then. crack, was not.

so, the picture was painted...care of the DARE program etc...happy go lucky draftee who tried coke once and died. perfect for nancy reagan.

they used him as the poster boy for "how drugs can kill you in an instant, even the first time".

he was an addict, who was used to help promote anti drug programs.

Being a huge North Carolina fan I was unfortunate enough to get to see him play a lot. He single highhandedly beat Carolina once. Even in bounded the ball off of Kenny Smith's back to himself for a layup.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a huge North Carolina fan I was unfortunate enough to get to see him play a lot. He single highhandedly beat Carolina once. Even in bounded the ball off of Kenny Smith's back to himself for a layup.
no doubt he had HOF potential.

you could see he had "it".

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has this fella been overlooked in this thread?:noidea:

jackiemoon.gif