• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best RB of All Time Game 3

Who's the better running back?

• Barry Sanders

Votes: 46 88.5%
  • Gale Sayers

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Sanders fan. For me it boils down to him or Payton as the best ever. As of now. Peterson could very well be on the discussion very soon.

All NFCN guys! :wtf:

Back and Blue division! IMO AD is already in the discussion...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right Payton was actually 3.51 pc. Look, I get it. Everyone else has excuses but Barry is defined by 1 playoff game.

No excuses, facts...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man, Peterson is legit. So was CC but I'd obviously take Megatron of the two.

As would I, I do however still believe CC had the best hands of any receiver I've ever seen play.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As would I, I do however still believe CC had the best hands of any receiver I've ever seen play.

That he did. They were like mitts they were. That sounds like I'm from Maine but I'm really not.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh,... hey Nos,....how ya doin' buddy? Didn't see ya there. So um,.., yeah,.... Barry Sanders,.....that's my vote.

Hey smitty, how goes it brother, I voted for Barry too...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smitty, how goes it brother, I voted for Barry too...

Im really tired. And might get sick. Beer before liquor, never been sicker is a stretch. But I don't feel s'good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe you want to compare 3 players for greatest ever and are forgetting the REAL greatest ever:

Mr. Jim Brown.

AP is so far away from #1 all-time that I won't bother comparing his stats - they're just unworthy at this point.

Jim Brown

Never missed a game. Not one.

Led the NFL in yards rushing all but one of his 9 seasons. Tell me who of Sanders, Payton, or AP have come close. Payton exactly once, Sanders 4 times.

5.2YPC is the highest of any back with more than 5000 yards career.

8 times All-Pro in 9 seasons. Again, the next guy has to be counted third on the all-time list since he's that far behind, and that's Barry at 6 of 10.

Led the league in yards from scrimmage 6 times (Sanders and Payton 2 each).

Averaged over 100 yards per game. Barry 4 yards behind, Payton 16 yards behind.

Led the league in all-purpose yards as a guy who didn't return diddly 5 times in 9 seasons. Sanders and Payton one each.

Receiving per game stats comparable to Payton and Sanders (21 vs 23 and 19)

106 rush TD in just 118 games destroys Barry at 99 in 151 and Walter at 110 in 190. 126 overall TD beats Payton or Sanders in far fewer games.

Barry fumbled less per game (one of the reasons he's really just MUCH better than Payton), with Brown and Payton comparable in fumbles per touch.

Barry Sanders is my favorite player of all time, but the comparison isn't close. It isn't close to being close. The question is not whether Jim Brown is the greatest running back of all time.

The question is whether he is the greatest player of all time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:
I can't believe you want to compare 3 players for greatest ever and are forgetting the REAL greatest ever:

Mr. Jim Brown.

AP is so far away from #1 all-time that I won't bother comparing his stats - they're just unworthy at this point.

Jim Brown

Led the NFL in yards rushing all but one of his 9 seasons. Tell me who of Sanders, Payton, or AP have come close. Payton exactly once, Sanders 4 times.

8 times All-Pro in 9 seasons. Again, the next guy has to be counted third on the all-time list since he's that far behind, and that's Barry at 6 of 10.

Led the league in all-purpose yards as a guy who didn't return diddly 5 times in 9 seasons. Sanders and Payton one each.

106 rush TD in just 118 games destroys Barry at 99 in 151 and Walter at 110 in 190. 126 overall TD beats Payton or Sanders in far fewer games.

Barry fumbled less per game (one of the reasons he's really just MUCH better than Payton), with Brown and Payton comparable in fumbles per touch.

Barry Sanders is my favorite player of all time, but the comparison isn't close. It isn't close to being close. The question is not whether Jim Brown is the greatest running back of all time.

He played against a lot of undersized white guys. Use your noggin. Don't let age be a factor in your decision. Jim Brown would still be good in today's NFL but he wouldn't be great. He was a man amongst boys at the time but that NFL no longer exists.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mr. Jim Brown.

Jim Brown

Like RD said, he played against Bill the 190 linebacker who bagged groceries at the local quickie mart during the off season. Was he great? Yes... Is he the best back of all time? Nope...

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Barry Sanders play on a good team. with a good coach. I love the Lions, but they have never been Super Bowl Material.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting has ended...

Status
Not open for further replies.