• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchups for week 13

who ya got??

• Total voters

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you're aware that Graham is not a prototypical TE...I kinda think SEA knew that as well...they wanted him because of his receiving ability...if you're going to have a TE like that, you need a FB or an Hback of some type or like PIT...a 6th OL as in Matt Spaeth....i.e. you have to adjust the peg, or you adjust the hole.

IMO...even if Lynch were still in best mode, it would be harder for him to continue on the pace he was setting the past 4 seasons without a bigger threat outside which imo is why they tried Harvin.
Oh, no doubt.

I also think too many times teams get enamored with a player because of X skill and fail to realize that he doesn't really fit within the offense. That's what causes issues. Rumors were, early in the year, he was unhappy that he was asked to block as much as he was, and the tape bared out that he wasn't very good at it either (not a shock). I'm sure Seattle knew his struggles as a blocker, and maybe knew he would balk at being asked to block more in this offense, but thought his attitude would change once he was there and part of a winning team.

Well, of course they've struggled this year, and added to that he wasn't getting the ball nearly at all through the 1st half of the season, and I'm sure the frustration mounted. Again, all that being said, sure they knew what they were getting, but it still doesn't mean they thought they could get him to do things that he's not been asked to do in his NFL career and it wasn't working out quite how anyone expected.

Agreed 100% on Lynch, but losing their pro-bowl C and then having guys converted from the DL to play OL has not helped Wilson or the running game much. Even more emphasis on needing the TE who can block, and even as you said, having a 6th OL.

I think next year will be more telling to what he can do with a full year under his belt in Seattle and in the offense. I think they will work on getting him split out more in their offense and using him more like he was in New Orleans. I think that, this year, Seattle just didn't think it would be as difficult for him to block or to get him the ball out of more traditional TE sets and it was and it hurt the offense and Graham's production.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt.

I also think too many times teams get enamored with a player because of X skill and fail to realize that he doesn't really fit within the offense. That's what causes issues. Rumors were, early in the year, he was unhappy that he was asked to block as much as he was, and the tape bared out that he wasn't very good at it either (not a shock). I'm sure Seattle knew his struggles as a blocker, and maybe knew he would balk at being asked to block more in this offense, but thought his attitude would change once he was there and part of a winning team.

Well, of course they've struggled this year, and added to that he wasn't getting the ball nearly at all through the 1st half of the season, and I'm sure the frustration mounted. Again, all that being said, sure they knew what they were getting, but it still doesn't mean they thought they could get him to do things that he's not been asked to do in his NFL career and it wasn't working out quite how anyone expected.

Agreed 100% on Lynch, but losing their pro-bowl C and then having guys converted from the DL to play OL has not helped Wilson or the running game much. Even more emphasis on needing the TE who can block, and even as you said, having a 6th OL.

I think next year will be more telling to what he can do with a full year under his belt in Seattle and in the offense. I think they will work on getting him split out more in their offense and using him more like he was in New Orleans. I think that, this year, Seattle just didn't think it would be as difficult for him to block or to get him the ball out of more traditional TE sets and it was and it hurt the offense and Graham's production.

All good points.

I think SEA knew his production would be less, and if Graham really ever watched SEA play much, he knew his production would go down as well....they simply don't throw the ball as much as the Saints...that wasn't going to drastically change just because they added him...FWIW...he's been the highest targeted Hawks player for some time now, as the same time, that doesn't prevent frustration when reality hits.

SEA...imo it's more defensively than OFC (they have given up 27 or more pts in 6 of the 12 games played, losing 5 of those games)...I think injuries have certainly been a factor, but another factor is you can only out athlete teams for so long. They play simple schemes with some of the best players in the game...especially on DEF...they had it all...strong DL, outstanding LBs, and of course the vaunted back end...today, the biggest difference I see...the DL is not as good, QBs have more time to pass...the LBs are still very good, and they have 1 great CB now instead 2.

I think Graham will return to a 1000 yd (or very close) performer assuming he's healthy next year.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points.

I think SEA knew his production would be less, and if Graham really ever watched SEA play much, he knew his production would go down as well....they simply don't throw the ball as much as the Saints...that wasn't going to drastically change just because they added him...FWIW...he's been the highest targeted Hawks player for some time now, as the same time, that doesn't prevent frustration when reality hits.

SEA...imo it's more defensively than OFC (they have given up 27 or more pts in 6 of the 12 games played, losing 5 of those games)...I think injuries have certainly been a factor, but another factor is you can only out athlete teams for so long. They play simple schemes with some of the best players in the game...especially on DEF...they had it all...strong DL, outstanding LBs, and of course the vaunted back end...today, the biggest difference I see...the DL is not as good, QBs have more time to pass...the LBs are still very good, and they have 1 great CB now instead 2.

I think Graham will return to a 1000 yd (or very close) performer assuming he's healthy next year.
Totally agree on the Defensive thoughts. I've said for awhile I thought that losing the depth at CB has altered the way the defense approaches offenses. Now you see Sherman shadowing #1 WR's. In the past, the entire defense was predicated on him shutting down 1 side of the field, and the rest of the schemes were built to protect the other side. Well, we've seen what is happened with the CB play not nearly as good as in the past. Also agree that the DL isn't getting the same pressure as in the past. Not sure if that is scheme or what. Also, they lost their DC, so changes were bound to happen, and they haven't been able to adapt.

Agree about Graham. If he's healthy, he'll have a solid year again. I think the time between this season and next will allow for a meeting of the minds on how to get him involved in the offense passing-wise, and how to use him as a blocker and get the most out of that area from him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on the Defensive thoughts. I've said for awhile I thought that losing the depth at CB has altered the way the defense approaches offenses. Now you see Sherman shadowing #1 WR's. In the past, the entire defense was predicated on him shutting down 1 side of the field, and the rest of the schemes were built to protect the other side. Well, we've seen what is happened with the CB play not nearly as good as in the past. Also agree that the DL isn't getting the same pressure as in the past. Not sure if that is scheme or what. Also, they lost their DC, so changes were bound to happen, and they haven't been able to adapt.

Agree about Graham. If he's healthy, he'll have a solid year again. I think the time between this season and next will allow for a meeting of the minds on how to get him involved in the offense passing-wise, and how to use him as a blocker and get the most out of that area from him.

SEA seems to be running the same scheme they did under Quinn (ATL head coach now)...here, they rush 4 probably 85-90% of the time and defend behind it. Every now and then they might send a 5th (LB or a CB).

TE blocking...when you have a talent like Eifert, or Graham, yes, blocking is still part of the job, but you want them downfield putting pressure on the DEF...you can find a lessor talent to block. Tony Gonzales was not a great blocker...decent to avg. but they didn't pay him to be a blocker.

Heath Miller has quietly been one of the best two way TEs in the league for a long time...he's not the same player anymore, but that's a rare breed.

When they changed the rules to take away hits above the shoulder...teams have migrated to TEs that are mostly big WRs...they don't have the blocking skillset to take on DE or a LB for 50-60 plays a game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle/Minnesota probably is the biggest game in it effects 2 different divisions and the race for the Wildcard. I would also say that they are very much a mirror of each other as far as the teams go. They are built to run the football and play tough defense while having a young QB that can make plays with both their arm and feet.

As for personal interest probably the Raiders/Chiefs game. Honestly I think this is the last possible hick up in the road for the Chiefs. If they win this one good chance they go undefeated the rest of the regular season. So a win by the Raiders definitely helps the Broncos out. Plus then that makes the race for the final wild card spot or really both wild card spots that much more interesting.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck is Cardinals @ Rams an option?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks @ Vikes sounds interesting. Both need to make a statement.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks vs Vikes the most intriguing by far. KC @ Oak could be an interesting watch since it's at the black hole. If it was in KC, not so much.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has a huge game against Minnesota, with a win they solidify themselves as legit playoff contenders. I've said it all along, outside of CAR and AZ I think SEA is the 3rd best in the NFC. GB is right up there too because of Rodgers but those injuries are brutal for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle/Minnesota probably is the biggest game in it effects 2 different divisions and the race for the Wildcard. I would also say that they are very much a mirror of each other as far as the teams go. They are built to run the football and play tough defense while having a young QB that can make plays with both their arm and feet.

As for personal interest probably the Raiders/Chiefs game. Honestly I think this is the last possible hick up in the road for the Chiefs. If they win this one good chance they go undefeated the rest of the regular season. So a win by the Raiders definitely helps the Broncos out. Plus then that makes the race for the final wild card spot or really both wild card spots that much more interesting.

KC...for selfish reasons (season long wager with brother in law) I hope KC loses 2 more games...looking at the schedule...yes, if they win this week they could run the table, but that would be like a 10 game win streak I think...they're not THAT good...I think they split with OAK and BAL has not quit...I can see them going 4-1, taking the 5 seed, and beating IND in the WC rd.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle@ Minn for me. See if the Legion can coral AP and contain him under a buck

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC...for selfish reasons (season long wager with brother in law) I hope KC loses 2 more games...looking at the schedule...yes, if they win this week they could run the table, but that would be like a 10 game win streak I think...they're not THAT good...I think they split with OAK and BAL has not quit...I can see them going 4-1, taking the 5 seed, and beating IND in the WC rd.

I agree they are not that good but they have had a very favorable schedule to end the season. I think many of us watching that schedule knew that the Chiefs needed to start out bad because they could get on a nice run. So far that is exactly what has happened. Throw in Alex Smith has somehow figured out that you can throw further than 5 yards down the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are not that good but they have had a very favorable schedule to end the season. I think many of us watching that schedule knew that the Chiefs needed to start out bad because they could get on a nice run. So far that is exactly what has happened. Throw in Alex Smith has somehow figured out that you can throw further than 5 yards down the field.

I thought KC was a 10+ win team to start the year and a blowout win in week 1 convinced me they were...Yes, Smith has found green grass beyond the 5 yd line. They also have found production on the ground after Charles got injured and the DEF front 7 is as good as advertised lately.

Because KC beat PIT h-t-h, the Steelers must finish ahead or I will be forking over a $100 Ruth Chris gift card this year. All in good fun.