• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best and Worst Colleges for Converting Elite Recruits

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top-and-Bottom-Recruit-Conversion1.png

https://blogs.emory.edu/sportsmarke...nverting-elite-recruits-into-nfl-draft-picks/

It says how they came up with the formula at the bottom. Kind of interesting.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K-State gets elite recruits? :dizzy:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn 8 of 12 Pac schools up there. And since Utah and Colorado are really new. Only really Oregon and USC are not on that list, in either column.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - When the HELL did Washington State ever get an Elite Recruit?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal, but horrible post or at least bad thread title. Converting them to what? From being elite recruits to being on the team? Being stars on the team? As it turns out, the list shows the conversion of elite recruits to the NFL draft picks:

As a follow-up to our previous post, we would like to provide a more complete view of the best and worst colleges based on converting elite recruits into NFL Draft picks (number of draft picks divided by the number of four and five star recruits). This study considers the last six NFL drafts, and examines the top sixty schools in terms of relevant recruiting cycles over the past twelve years. We exclude schools that have not produced a single draft pick in the 2007-2012 period or that have less than four elite recruits over the relevant recruiting cycles.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the “converters” on the left side of the chart. I’m assuming we are talking football here, and if so I don’t think you could put together much of an all-star team from that bunch.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the “converters” on the left side of the chart. I’m assuming we are talking football here, and if so I don’t think you could put together much of an all-star team from that bunch.

p4xwi6.jpg

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "Elite"

Kentucky at the top. That's how you know it's garbage.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a worthy experiment if recruiting rankings were truly unbiased. The problem is that they aren't. A 4 star recruit who signs at Wisconsin would be a 5 star recruit if he signed at USC or Alabama. Even a lot of our 3 stars would have been 4 stars had they gone to other schools. Hence, the sample is flawed because recruiting rankings are rigged.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and also.....how can texas be ranked so low and yet have so many players drafted over the last 12 years

jammer,benson,huff,blalock,roy williams,aaron williams,griffin bros,finley,charles,dj,thomas,orakapo....etc i am sure i am missing a bunch

seems like a very flawed list

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and also.....how can texas be ranked so low and yet have so many players drafted over the last 12 years

jammer,benson,huff,blalock,roy williams,aaron williams,griffin bros,finley,charles,dj,thomas,orakapo....etc i am sure i am missing a bunch

It may have something to do with how many 4 and 5 star recruits a team gets. The more of them you get, the more likely you will have some that don't make it to the NFL, especially if they play a position where there may be another 4 or 5 star recruit or 2.

Example, I believe USC has two or three 4 or 5 star recruits at quarterback. Chances are that 1 of them will never even play at USC, much less get drafted into the NFL.

Meanwhile, another school may only have 1 at the same position and that one gets drafted.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a bum list. The SEC and ACC lead the college world in NFL draftees. That list is way off.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is a proven fact tOhio St has most players drafted. I just assume they are elite, hence going to tOSU and all. :2cents:

^^^:agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ scUM, Florida, Miami, Florida St, ND, Oklahoma and Texas at the bottom....is this accurate??

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read the criteria again (hint: they are not talking about the last 12 years for the NFL Draft).

It always amazes me when people want to call out professionals yet can't handle basic reading comprehension.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the criteria again (hint: they are not talking about the last 12 years for the NFL Draft).

It always amazes me when people want to call out professionals yet can't handle basic reading comprehension.

so me saying the list is flawed and you saying the list is flawed somehow makes me stupid.....why would they go over 12 years of recruiting and 6 years of drafts
This study considers the last six NFL drafts, and examines the top sixty schools in terms of relevant recruiting cycles over the past twelve years.

sorry you have to nitpick others while we let your crap about stars being different slide along thanks :yo:

guess we shouldnt post thoughts and ramblings unless we let smart know what we are thinking at all times

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a worthy experiment if recruiting rankings were truly unbiased. The problem is that they aren't. A 4 star recruit who signs at Wisconsin would be a 5 star recruit if he signed at USC or Alabama. Even a lot of our 3 stars would have been 4 stars had they gone to other schools. Hence, the sample is flawed because recruiting rankings are rigged.

so we both agree about the quality of the list but for different reasons....12 years recruiting,yet they dont count the players drafted for those 12 years

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may have something to do with how many 4 and 5 star recruits a team gets. The more of them you get, the more likely you will have some that don't make it to the NFL, especially if they play a position where there may be another 4 or 5 star recruit or 2.

Example, I believe USC has two or three 4 or 5 star recruits at quarterback. Chances are that 1 of them will never even play at USC, much less get drafted into the NFL.

Meanwhile, another school may only have 1 at the same position and that one gets drafted.

And I don't believe it's all about "going to the NFL". A school can make players great with good coaching, but if you don't have great game plans come game day, what difference does it make? IMO, it's not about wins/losses and your five star recruits, it's about how you teach the recruits to be the best.

I think part of these rankings are based upon how the coaching goes long term. Look at Florida & LSU in their bowl games----mega talent--- shitty coaching. And that is what I believe came into play with these rankings.