• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals don't like Richardson

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a stretch that he would fall down to 17, but you gotta be kidding me...
Yesterday Pro Football Talk reported that Richardson in Cincinnati is not likely because they are planning on going to a RB by commity system. It did not say who they commity would be. Just that not to expect the Bengals to make any move for Richardson. I'm in my noemal off season wait and see mode.

Cincinnati Bengals Group Therapy | Facebook

Is this for real, or did this guy hear something wrong?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see the other day where Gruden said they could go with RB by committe, but that could have been taken out of context. I mean, it could all very well be determined by who is available, affordable, or draftable.

One would think that Gruden wouldn't mind having Richardson carrying the ball for his WC style of offense.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What in the sweet chocolate Christ is a 'commity'?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I cannot believe he spelled committee "commity". Not once, but twice.

Please delete this thread, immediately.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quoting someone else, didn't want to take any liberty as an editor.

:)

also, incorrect spelling is the new "noemal"

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the Bengals would actually pass on Richardson (I don't think they will get that chance) but still.... they wonder why they can't sell out the stadium, lol.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They wouldnt pass on Richardson...However this is the same franchise that had Stephen Jackson fall into their lap and said 'Nah, we like Chris Perry'

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bengals Linked to Richardson: Rumor trade with Cardinals

PER Cincy Jungle.
The Cincinnati Bengals and Arizona Cardinals are in talks for a first-round trade, according to Bear Heiser and Daniel Wolf of National Football Authority. They write:

After speaking to a team executive on Monday, National Football Authority senior writer Bear Heiser has learned the Bengals are eager to move up in the first round to secure themselves the top running back in this draft class—Alabama Crimson Tide's Trent Richardson.

The suggestion, according to The National Football Authority is the assumption that Cincinnati would swap their No. 17 pick for Arizona's 13th pick and another selection after the first round (possibly a third or fourth).

This team executive was adamant in making aware how much the Bengals really like Richardson and would really like to add him to their West Coast offense, which would be a great fit for the Heisman candidate's versatile style of play.

We can't speak to the validly to the report, so take the information presented with an obvious suspicious nature. However if a trade were to happen, we don't expect it to actually happen until the Cardinals are on the clock during the first round of the NFL draft, assuring that the Bengals would get Trent Richardson if he's still around by the Arizona's 13th pick.

Cedric Benson, who is entering free agency this year, isn't expected to return, leaving a void for a feature back. However recent comments by offensive coordinator Jay Gruden hinted at a committee in the backfield. Then again Gruden said they'd go in that direction if they didn't have a guy like Richardson.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals will bungle the draft and pick Isaiah Pead in the 2nd round.

Not having to travel more than 200 miles for our scouting department instantly bumps guys a round or 2

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That rumor cannot be true because according to people on this board, the Bengals will never ever trade up. Ever. It's inconceivable and laughable that anyone would think so.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only believe rumors when they are posted by the Bengal Insider.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals traded up to get ki jana carter
so it's possible

however, we've already heard conflicting rumors... maybe the Bengals are posturing.

"according to the people..."
lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol...

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I am calling BS. Remember a couple years ago when the Bengals had no interest in Gresham? If Richardson is there at 17 the Bengals will take him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he's there at 13, which I doubt, the Bengals will probably attempt to move up to grab him. Not a chance he falls to 17.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's there at 13, which I doubt, the Bengals will probably attempt to move up to grab him. Not a chance he falls to 17.

You are prolly right. Marvin's move is "Nah we don't want so and so." Then they pick him. Kinda funny.