• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals Breakdown

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Break down these gifs

1. Watts pick
bengals2.gif

2. key sack coming out of halftime
bengals4a.gif

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3. key sack after Houston's bomb to Johnson
bengals6.gif

4. final nail in coffin
bengals7.gif

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All about the inadequacies of the guards. Livings just got blown by all day. McGlynn didnt engage Watts and let him make that play. If they have good players at LG and RG those plays (and a ton of other negative plays) dont happen. Assuming they dont sign Carl Nicks in FA...in the first round.

1A. DeCastro -OG
1B Glenn - OG

take the two best interior linemen in the draft. Both spots need some serious attention.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line is complete shit. Pass protection is decent. But run blocking is horrible. I am not a Benson fan but the line run blocking is horrible.

Dalton does have an issue with low passes due to his height. Lots of blocked balls by D linemen jumping up.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive line is complete shit. Pass protection is decent. But run blocking is horrible. I am not a Benson fan but the line run blocking is horrible.

Dalton does have an issue with low passes due to his height. Lots of blocked balls by D linemen jumping up.

Batted balls are also a byproduct of the horizontal passing attack and failures to run.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Dalton had no business throwing that ball. As I mentioned in another thread a couple days ago, either both guards screwed up and neither went low to bring the d-lineman low as well, or that's a coaching blunder not teaching them the proper technique on that play. It's anyone's guess. Nonetheless, no way that ball gets completed and could have been picked off. 4 guys covering 2 receivers. One over top and one underneath each receiver. At the very least, Dalton should have looked off the underneath LB and Watts, so he doesn't see that play develop the entire way.

2. Livings technique is horrible allowing a little juke to get him out of position to make a proper block. Whitworth also over-helped on that play, allowing his man to get around him with relative ease. Nonetheless, with better guard play, Whitworth probably doesn't help at all allowing him to hold back his man.

3. I see disconcert in the o-line as a unit. The DT is lined up directly in front of the A-gap and both Cook and Livings initially turn in opposite directions away from the DT to help on the outside whereas both likely were supposed to turn in, and at the very least, one of them should have turned in. So, either Cook blew the blocking assignment call at the line hence the disconcert or it's a blown assignment by the guard or both.

4. Meh. Crocker sucks and it's been discussed ad nauseum. Game was over at that point. By the time Crocker engaged, Foster was already passed the 25 yard line which would have given them at least 3 more plays and at least 3 points. Embarrassing nonetheless.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Dalton had no business throwing that ball. As I mentioned in another thread a couple days ago, either both guards screwed up and neither went low to bring the d-lineman low as well, or that's a coaching blunder not teaching them the proper technique on that play. It's anyone's guess. Nonetheless, no way that ball gets completed and could have been picked off. 4 guys covering 2 receivers. One over top and one underneath each receiver. At the very least, Dalton should have looked off the underneath LB and Watts, so he doesn't see that play develop the entire way.

2. Livings technique is horrible allowing a little juke to get him out of position to make a proper block. Whitworth also over-helped on that play, allowing his man to get around him with relative ease. Nonetheless, with better guard play, Whitworth probably doesn't help at all allowing him to hold back his man.

3. I see disconcert in the o-line as a unit. The DT is lined up directly in front of the A-gap and both Cook and Livings initially turn in opposite directions away from the DT to help on the outside whereas both likely were supposed to turn in, and at the very least, one of them should have turned in. So, either Cook blew the blocking assignment call at the line hence the disconcert or it's a blown assignment by the guard or both.

4. Meh. Crocker sucks and it's been discussed ad nauseum. Game was over at that point. By the time Crocker engaged, Foster was already passed the 25 yard line which would have given them at least 3 more plays and at least 3 points. Embarrassing nonetheless.

good analysis, to add further to number 4 Crocker takes the wrong angle right after the snap and Rey Rey runs right into his block and gets caught up

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm a Mauluga fan, but the guy just doesn't seem to be an NFL starting caliber LB.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I'm a Mauluga fan, but the guy just doesn't seem to be an NFL starting caliber LB.

Maulaluga is one of the the worst MLB I've ever seen play. i was excited when we drafted him but the guy just has no feel for the game. Notta clue. No instinces. No football IQ. always in the wrong place. Bad angels. Gets fooled way too easily. He's just a terrible football player. We've all heard the expression 'having a nose for the football' Maulaluga is the opposite. He's a damned oaf on the field.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it all season. I have no use for Rey M.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that USC team loaded with linebackers, we got the two that don't belong in the NFL..... Good job Bengals.

I'm shocked there aren't more Rey apologists around here. Half of our fanbase convinced themselves that Rey was fine - He was just playing out of position.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is is playing out of position now--proper position for him being on his ass on the bench.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that USC team loaded with linebackers, we got the two that don't belong in the NFL..... Good job Bengals.

I'm shocked there aren't more Rey apologists around here. Half of our fanbase convinced themselves that Rey was fine - He was just playing out of position.

This is a serious indictment of our head coach, imo....didn't he make his bones with the Steelers as a LB coach, and didn't he have a lot to do with the Ravens (then Browns) drafting Ray Lewis? He has whiffed over and over drafting linebackers since he's been here......the only quality play has come from free agents......

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was that one bums name we took in the 1st round? LOL..David something...from Georgia I think. Dear Christ...

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was that one bums name we took in the 1st round? LOL..David something...from Georgia I think. Dear Christ...

Pollack...and he wasnt a LB in college. He was a 4-3 DE. Luckily for Pollack he's a smart dude and is doing really well as a broadcaster. He seemed like a good player that was out of position.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pollack.

The only promising backer we've had in a while was that MLB back in 2005 who couldn't stay off the pipe. Can't remember his name for the life of me.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack.

The only promising backer we've had in a while was that MLB back in 2005 who couldn't stay off the pipe. Can't remember his name for the life of me.

Odell Thurman. Guy was a straight up thug. I'm surprised he didn't play basketball for Xavier.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was it.

You have to be a "gangsta" to play for Xavier..

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell Thurman. Guy was a straight up thug. I'm surprised he didn't play basketball for Xavier.

He wouldn't fit in..... Apparently he could fight and take a punch unlike those pansies over at XU.