• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BENGALS AT BUFFALO. JBUCKS GAME THREAD

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get your fat worthless asses off the couch bitches. Put your hat on backwards and red shades pointing behind you. 4 day beard, check. dark clothes, lots of flannel.

you may be a Bengal fan! Who-dey

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you jacked the heck up on mountain dew yet? whoew! mother fackers!!!!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next season, can we get the snow machines from perfect north up in this hizzy?

also, like, our offensive line is fine.
Jackson Carman make any mistakes? Adenji? Sharping? a few calls, but nothing major.
they dominated.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Carman was a beast today. I don't think anyone could have legit seem that coming, but damn that dude came to play. Wild.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best game all year
they looked 'complete'
old man jbuck is finally happy

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they came prepared. imagine Baltimore being a more difficult opponent than Buffalo.

Any team in our division could be a leader if transplanted into another division.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they came prepared. imagine Baltimore being a more difficult opponent than Buffalo.

Any team in our division could be a leader if transplanted into another division.
I think Baltimore is just really hard to play. They are different than most other teams in the league - They do things like using a fullback and extra lineman to beat you up. If they had receivers they would have been a different team.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
announcers were blowing smoke at buf and allen all game. they all picked buf except for boomer. Don't know why he picked us. Maybe to fein loyalty. refs gave us some questionable calls. They better get on the who-dey train

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balt defense may be best in league. They are flat out hard to beat. Seems like we throw against KC and buf all day long

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Bengals and Bengal Fans!!

But your job is not done.
While I wish to see your storied franchise raise a Lombardi, your first task is to beat those goddamn Chiefs!!!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
announcers were blowing smoke at buf and allen all game. they all picked buf except for boomer. Don't know why he picked us. Maybe to fein loyalty. refs gave us some questionable calls. They better get on the who-dey train
he actually watched the bengals games when he's not getting paid to, unlike the others.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Carman was a beast today. I don't think anyone could have legit seem that coming, but damn that dude came to play. Wild.
Imagine a guy playing his natural position in the pros that he played his entire college career that led him to be a 2nd round pick......and he does well!

I don't know why we keep doing that. Either the guy is good enough at his position in college and earned at least a backup role in the pros at that position, or he is a utility guy as an emergency. Otherwise, they should keep them at those positions. I hope he keeps it up and we just found out LT to replace Williams. 1 game is not enough clarity though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine a guy playing his natural position in the pros that he played his entire college career that led him to be a 2nd round pick......and he does well!

I don't know why we keep doing that. Either the guy is good enough at his position in college and earned at least a backup role in the pros at that position, or he is a utility guy as an emergency. Otherwise, they should keep them at those positions. I hope he keeps it up and we just found out LT to replace Williams. 1 game is not enough clarity though.
Go all the way back to Whitworth.... We didn't draft him to be a left tackle. The scouts said he wasn't athletic enough for the position - Part of the reason he was available in the 2nd round. I think for the most part scouts get it right... They can see where athletic issues will prevent a guy from being the same player in the NFL that he is in college. But, I do think you're right that sometimes we ignore how comfortable a person is at a certain position and their ability to keep growing into that position.

And this isn't to say that Carman will ever be a LT.... He could get seriously exposed by a better d-line. But he certainly looked the part against an average unit.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go all the way back to Whitworth.... We didn't draft him to be a left tackle. The scouts said he wasn't athletic enough for the position - Part of the reason he was available in the 2nd round. I think for the most part scouts get it right... They can see where athletic issues will prevent a guy from being the same player in the NFL that he is in college. But, I do think you're right that sometimes we ignore how comfortable a person is at a certain position and their ability to keep growing into that position.

And this isn't to say that Carman will ever be a LT.... He could get seriously exposed by a better d-line. But he certainly looked the part against an average unit.
In that game, Carmen was doing a fantastic job of passing rushers off and picking up new blitzers. He looked faster on his first step. He just looked more natural on the left side. Carmen also looks like his right leg is a better plant leg to keep from getting pushed backwards into the backfield. He held his own. On the right side, the left leg is the natural plant leg to keep from getting pushed. Just different looking player when playing LT.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering the fear was that he wasn't even serviceable as a backup, we can all breath a sigh of relief.

of course some teams are going to have magnificent edge rushers, but they would be a problem even if we had Jonah and Collins in there.