• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Bishop shutout over the canes

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Bishop shuts out the canes and makes gm steve yzerman look better and better every day! three teams were in on bishop last year the lightning, Flyers and oilers. Cory Conacher for Ben Bishop seems like it's been the best move yzerman made here in his last 3 years here. In another note the lightning's 2nd round draft pick forward Nikita Kucherov was named AHL rookie of the month! have fun playing vs the lightning in a year or two with Stamkos, Drouin and Kucherov. I have to think Drouin and Kucherov will be playing for the tampa bay lightning in the 2014-2015 season.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bish was great, Killorn played his best game and his grit and speed complements the skill of Stammer and Marty. Gudas continues to impress me and boy Hedman is really coming on and I think he's flying under the radar so to speak, nobody is really talking about him despite his play.

As for our youngsters, the depth our pipeline is impressive. I think both Connolly and Drouin are NHL ready now, neither made the team out of camp. Connolly was called up the other day, I don't know if he's going to stick around or will it be just another brief spell, I personally hope it's a callup for him to stay. Drouin is obviously in junior, talented enough to be in the NHL right now but the depth kept him from making the team. Then we have Kucherov whose lighting it up right now and he after a full season in the AHL could be a candidate to make the team next year out of camp so too Namestinkov. The problem is where are the holes? Where do they fit? I mean this team is fairly young and most (players) seem here to stay. I think Yzerman is going to have trouble finding spots for the likes of Drouin, Kucherov and Namestinkov as well as others in the future simply because of they depth of this organization.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts looking good right now, we'll see if they can keep it up

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that deal last year and still love it today, Bishop is going to be a very good goalie in this league for years to come.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop has been the MVP for the Lightning so far this season IMO. That says a lot considering they got Stamkos & St. Louis on the team. Really the biggest difference between the Lightning last season and this season has been the play of Ben Bishop. Props to the Ning, I'll admit I was very critical of trading Cory Conacher for him when the deal happened. Now it looks like it was the right decision for sure.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bish was great, Killorn played his best game and his grit and speed complements the skill of Stammer and Marty. Gudas continues to impress me and boy Hedman is really coming on and I think he's flying under the radar so to speak, nobody is really talking about him despite his play.

As for our youngsters, the depth our pipeline is impressive. I think both Connolly and Drouin are NHL ready now, neither made the team out of camp. Connolly was called up the other day, I don't know if he's going to stick around or will it be just another brief spell, I personally hope it's a callup for him to stay. Drouin is obviously in junior, talented enough to be in the NHL right now but the depth kept him from making the team. Then we have Kucherov whose lighting it up right now and he after a full season in the AHL could be a candidate to make the team next year out of camp so too Namestinkov. The problem is where are the holes? Where do they fit? I mean this team is fairly young and most (players) seem here to stay. I think Yzerman is going to have trouble finding spots for the likes of Drouin, Kucherov and Namestinkov as well as others in the future simply because of they depth of this organization.
I think kucherov and drouin will be ready next season for sure I think they will keep connolly on line 3 with palat and johnson. Put panik on line 4 with thompson and crombeen. Purcell I think will be traded in the offseason his contract only has 2 more years at 4.5. I think malone is a buyout # 2 after this season for sure. Kucherov and drouin are too good they need to be on the lightning roster next season! don't worry yzerman will make room for those guys. line one next year killorn, Stamkos and St.louis line # 2 drouin, Val and connolly line # 3 palat, Johnson and Kucherov.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kucherov and drouin will be ready next season for sure I think they will keep connolly on line 3 with palat and johnson. Put panik on line 4 with thompson and crombeen. Purcell I think will be traded in the offseason his contract only has 2 more years at 4.5. I think malone is a buyout # 2 after this season for sure. Kucherov and drouin are too good they need to be on the lightning roster next season! don't worry yzerman will make room for those guys. line one next year killorn, Stamkos and St.louis line # 2 drouin, Val and connolly line # 3 palat, Johnson and Kucherov.

Yeah I agree with your assessment and I agree with the lines as well. The only 2 problems I have would be that would be an extremely young team, I mean losing Purcell and Malone who are considered vets would make this team rather young up front. The other thing is that is that Kucherov is playing some great stuff in the AHL be I don't want is to rush him, let him develop at is own pace. If he's ready at the end of the year then give him a shot but again we would be extremely young up front, perhaps give him 2 full years in the AHL before giving him a full time gig at the NHL club? There's no need to rush and although he's putting the puck in the net, he's going to have to improve his 200 foot game before making the team as Connolly found out.

Next year I think Drouin will be in for Malone for sure, I think you assess where Kucherov game is at and if he's 100% then you move Purcell for him but otherwise I think you give Kucherov in the AHL to improve his game in all aspects, plus i'd like him to get a bit bigger physically than 184 pounds. Despite Kucherov skill level I don't like the idea of putting him in there as a 21 year old next year to replace Purcell whose a proven point producer and a good secondary scoring option who can get you 20 Goals and 55 Points, something that I wouldn't expect Kucherov to achieve straight away. I think Panik is a good candidate to be moved, he's talented but he's been overtaken by all the forward prospects we have, he's somewhat sliding down the pipeline in my opinion. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but he's playing 4th line now and although I think his ceiling projects a 2nd liner if not a very good 3rd liner but he's getting loosed in the shuffle amongst the prospects and I think you could flip him for a defensive prospect and I don't know about doobee but I think the Pens would be a good fit for Panik. I think somert like Panik for Ruopp would be a good deal for both sides.

Lines

Killorn-Stammer-Marty
Drouin-Val-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Connolly
Brown-Thompson-Crombeen

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with your assessment and I agree with the lines as well. The only 2 problems I have would be that would be an extremely young team, I mean losing Purcell and Malone who are considered vets would make this team rather young up front. The other thing is that is that Kucherov is playing some great stuff in the AHL be I don't want is to rush him, let him develop at is own pace. If he's ready at the end of the year then give him a shot but again we would be extremely young up front, perhaps give him 2 full years in the AHL before giving him a full time gig at the NHL club? There's no need to rush and although he's putting the puck in the net, he's going to have to improve his 200 foot game before making the team as Connolly found out.

Next year I think Drouin will be in for Malone for sure, I think you assess where Kucherov game is at and if he's 100% then you move Purcell for him but otherwise I think you give Kucherov in the AHL to improve his game in all aspects, plus i'd like him to get a bit bigger physically than 184 pounds. Despite Kucherov skill level I don't like the idea of putting him in there as a 21 year old next year to replace Purcell whose a proven point producer and a good secondary scoring option who can get you 20 Goals and 55 Points, something that I wouldn't expect Kucherov to achieve straight away. I think Panik is a good candidate to be moved, he's talented but he's been overtaken by all the forward prospects we have, he's somewhat sliding down the pipeline in my opinion. Don't get me wrong he's a good player but he's playing 4th line now and although I think his ceiling projects a 2nd liner if not a very good 3rd liner but he's getting loosed in the shuffle amongst the prospects and I think you could flip him for a defensive prospect and I don't know about doobee but I think the Pens would be a good fit for Panik. I think somert like Panik for Ruopp would be a good deal for both sides.

Lines

Killorn-Stammer-Marty
Drouin-Val-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Connolly
Brown-Thompson-Crombeen
yes it's young but what does coach cooper want ? more shooting Kucherov will shot way more then purcell! plus at purcell's value he could get us a decent defenseman in a trade. I even might say Kucherov will be called up by january 2014.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it's young but what does coach cooper want ? more shooting Kucherov will shot way more then purcell! plus at purcell's value he could get us a decent defenseman in a trade. I even might say Kucherov will be called up by january 2014.

I understand where you are coming from but I just don't like the idea of rushing him especially considering he's a boom or bust prospect. He's on fire but let's see how he carries on, he isn't going to keep up his current pace, infact I think there's going to be a time where he struggles in the AHL. I hope Yzerman takes his time with him, he's only 20 and he's got to learn and improve upon, he's got 20 points but he has a even +/-, that isn't good. Purcell is an important and underrated player in my mind and to trade him and replace him with a 21 year old is too risky in my mind.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 1st place in the Atlantic. Congrats guys.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shutouts can & should happen more often with the games we been playing. Hard to believe it's his 1st of the season. Our team needs to pull them out & play for him when we goose egg teams going into the 3rd period!!! GO BOOOOOOOLTS!!!