• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beginning To Think We Will Draft Mariota

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that you had to use an extra large font to stress your pt - lol.

Neither of these mean anything. So SM is visiting Mariota's pro day - so what? These type of visits happen all of the time even for players that are not really being considered. As for Clark's opinion - whatever. Just a way for him to get more attention on ESPN (no doubt he will do better there then how he played on the field last season).

Clark is a defensive player - what the hell does he know about Gruden & the offense? Also - even if true this does not mean that SM will draft the guy. Ever thought about the fact that the Redskins are trying to get other people to believe this for any number of reasons? Much ado about nothing.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that you had to use an extra large font to stress your pt - lol.

Neither of these mean anything. So SM is visiting Mariota's pro day - so what? These type of visits happen all of the time even for players that are not really being considered. As for Clark's opinion - whatever. Just a way for him to get more attention on ESPN (no doubt he will do better there then how he played on the field last season).

Clark is a defensive player - what the hell does he know about Gruden & the offense? Also - even if true this does not mean that SM will draft the guy. Ever thought about the fact that the Redskins are trying to get other people to believe this for any number of reasons? Much ado about nothing.

It was just like that from copying and pasting it

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I believe this has merit to it not just some ploy to drive the price up

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I believe this has merit to it not just some ploy to drive the price up

It might not be just about driving the price up. It could also be SM trying to get some one to trade OVER us in order to have the guy SM really wants drop to us. Supposed he wants Gregory?? Getting some one to trade over us for MM would give us a better chance of some one else dropping to us.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U do understand tha it's not just MM pro day it's two other players on that team that are top 10 and it's their pot day as well

God does this clown know anything about this sport

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U do understand tha it's not just MM pro day it's two other players on that team that are top 10 and it's their pot day as well

God does this clown know anything about this sport

Read the article are you really that dumb it says SM is there to see Mariota damn your a moron

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be just about driving the price up. It could also be SM trying to get some one to trade OVER us in order to have the guy SM really wants drop to us. Supposed he wants Gregory?? Getting some one to trade over us for MM would give us a better chance of some one else dropping to us.

:agree:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the article are you really that dumb it says SM is there to see Mariota damn your a moron

Actually - you need to thoroughly read the article. For starters there is no direct quote from SM so it doesn't mean much. Then there is this from the article:

Several people familiar with Washington’s offseason deliberations have described it as unlikely that the team would spend the fifth overall pick on a quarterback because of their abundant needs elsewhere on the roster. It’s possible that the Redskins will to trade out of that pick and acquire additional draft picks to help their rebuilding efforts. However, the team also could spend that pick on one of their other pressing needs (outside linebacker, safety, cornerback or right tackle or guard).

However, ESPN’s John Clayton believes that if Mariota falls to Washington at No. 5, the team would draft the quarterback.

Again - Clayton's article simply stated that he basically had a "gut feel" and absolutely no basis for his take (typical bullshit ESPN journalism). Who knows how this will all turn out but you are pretty much getting riled up over nothing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total Smoke screen. Why would Gruden draft another player like RG3? Gruden wants a drop back passer. We have that QB already on the roster. Cousins will be the starting QB in 2015 if its a fair QB competition.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scot had to be there, if he says hes interested (to drive up the price) and didnt show up or at least have a bunch of our scouts there then everyone would know that hes lying.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Browns look like the only team who could move up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GUys... the next month is all about poker face unless you happen to be the Bucs. They could come out tomorrow and say we have decided on the next savior and there is nothing short of throwing the kitchen sink and Beyonce at them that might make Lovey budge. Every one else has got to play the game, including us. Now I think you all know where my head is on the pick, but to be honest aside from a kicker, punter, RB or maybe WR... there is nothing we could draft at 5 that we can say 100% we dont need.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have trouble reading don't you boy? Please show me where it say that SM is there specifically for MM you blithering idiot ? Don't worry we will wait

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying reading the whole entire article and not just the headline for a change countrycrock

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden not being supposedly interested in RGIII doesn't mean he's interested in Mariota. Kind of like saying because Zoe Saldana isn't interested in Bradley Cooper, she's now interested in any one of us on this board. Ummmmm . . . doesn't follow. Of course, there's a possibility she could. But her snubbing of one guy ain't any clue that she's interested in someone else.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its a smokescreen then its really lame . and if an NFL caliber GM falls for it he should be shown the door immediately .

so i say that is going to be a failed mission

and dean and the rest who want the classic drop back passer , i say colleges arent producing them much anymore so get ready for a new breed who will need to be trained in the pro offense

RG3 will need to become more of a pocket guy if he expects to succeed . i dont question his talent , i question his coachability and his divaness, and his health

now i am not advocating we draft MM . but what i am saying is if MM is a healthier, more coachable guy then there is a distinct possibility he will do that

i wouldnt draft him but if RG3 doesnt change his colors he will be gone out of football

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 proves last year that he is not a pocket passer. We can win with Cousins.