• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Been Car Shopping What A Nightmare

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No interest in a Ford.

Then you obviously haven't done your homework.

You must be rich. Who other than people with money to burn would buy a new car? :scratch:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to go wrong with a Honda...somewhat pricey these days, but they've earned it. The competition is stronger, but strange that they can't make much headway with the Acura brand.

Funny you say that, this year Honda actually integrated the some of the Acura technologies mainly the sound control. The new Honda is really quiet on the inside.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you consulted your balls on that yet?

Well they never needed it before.

Then you obviously haven't done your homework.

You must be rich. Who other than people with money to burn would buy a new car? :scratch:

How haven't I done my homework? That is sort of a vague statement. Ford makes Lincoln as Honda makes Acura. And they are 8 to 10 k more so what did I miss?

Why wouldn't I buy a new car? Because of a crappy economy ppl are buying used which has driven the market for used cars up. I can get 0.74% on a 60 month loan for a new car or 1.74% for 72 months. The lower interest rates make it worth it. I know my credit union has told me I can get the Accord Touring for $5003.00 under MRSP using their buying service with the latter interest rate. It's been a long time since I was the first guy to own a car. But used is not out of the question just have to pay a slightly higher interest rate around 3.74%

SLSKOW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was better to buy new anyway. You can always get a lower percentage rate, and most of the time people traded in a vehicle for some reason or another and its usually not a good reason.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was better to buy new anyway. You can always get a lower percentage rate, and most of the time people traded in a vehicle for some reason or another and its usually not a good reason.

I bought used in the past because finances dictated it, that is no longer the case. And as we both agree with the low interest rates it makes buying new a good deal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that, this year Honda actually integrated the some of the Acura technologies mainly the sound control. The new Honda is really quiet on the inside.

Not to get too far off track but I bought 2 cars LY...neither were new though...for the nicer more driver oriented car I bought an Inifinit G37. Test drove many comparable cars including a TL. Nice riding car, and seemingly well built, spacious, but Honda doesn't really want to compete in that segment imo. Front wheel drive just hampers it a so much...I can see why the RL and TL are lagging in unit sales compared to the 3 series Bimmer, G37, A4, etc.

They're bringing the Accord so close in performance to TL (I think the new Accord actually looks better than the TL) that maybe they don't need to. On the everyday driver...I bought a 4 cyl Altima...it's not near the LX but neither was the price.

Of the cars you mentioned...I do like the Lacrosse a lot but the the Accord is a clear winner...I hear you on the leather, but the 6 cyl is so much more pleasure to drive that I would just tint the windows or something.

Good dilemma to have I suppose.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought used in the past because finances dictated it, that is no longer the case. And as we both agree with the low interest rates it makes buying new a good deal.

In certain price points, and particularly American made car new is the way to go, but imo the higher end luxury cars...no. Coming off a 2 yr lease makes a lot more sense to me...still have some warranty and the previous owner absorbed about 1/3 of the depreciation for you. Rates...I got 5% on the G37, not super good, but not bad.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get too far off track but I bought 2 cars LY...neither were new though...for the nicer more driver oriented car I bought an Inifinit G37. Test drove many comparable cars including a TL. Nice riding car, and seemingly well built, spacious, but Honda doesn't really want to compete in that segment imo. Front wheel drive just hampers it a so much...I can see why the RL and TL are lagging in unit sales compared to the 3 series Bimmer, G37, A4, etc.

They're bringing the Accord so close in performance to TL (I think the new Accord actually looks better than the TL) that maybe they don't need to. On the everyday driver...I bought a 4 cyl Altima...it's not near the LX but neither was the price.

Of the cars you mentioned...I do like the Lacrosse a lot but the the Accord is a clear winner...I hear you on the leather, but the 6 cyl is so much more pleasure to drive that I would just tint the windows or something.

Good dilemma to have I suppose.

I am really leaning hard toward the V6 and as I said if I get the V6 I am going full boat will get the Touring model over the EX-L V6. I have a 3M tint on my Maxima which has a reflective property to it, it does not look like that tint which IMO looks like aluminum foil but it does reflect sunlight. I suppose that with a nice windsheild blocker that might suffice. As an additional means to prevent leather burn I guess I could just throw a towel on the seat while at work, should keep the seat comfortable. Once the A/C cools the car I would think the seats would be fine. And from what I read care is not all that daunting a task. As to the engine I think I have to go with V6 if the gas mileage were significanlty better I might have leaned toward the 4 banger. Looks like I have made the decision. And it's tough to beat a Honda.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying American is the only way to go.

62a7a9581edab47db7d4d05c48b636bb

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pay cash and buy used cars from eBay and Craigslist. You'll never convince me that buying a new car is a good investment. Sorry but that's utter nonsense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really leaning hard toward the V6 and as I said if I get the V6 I am going full boat will get the Touring model over the EX-L V6. I have a 3M tint on my Maxima which has a reflective property to it, it does not look like that tint which IMO looks like aluminum foil but it does reflect sunlight. I suppose that with a nice windsheild blocker that might suffice. As an additional means to prevent leather burn I guess I could just throw a towel on the seat while at work, should keep the seat comfortable. Once the A/C cools the car I would think the seats would be fine. And from what I read care is not all that daunting a task. As to the engine I think I have to go with V6 if the gas mileage were significanlty better I might have leaned toward the 4 banger. Looks like I have made the decision. And it's tough to beat a Honda.

Sound like you've made up your mind, but if there's any doubt...

I do care about mpg, which is one reason I got the 4 cyl...now I wish I hadn't. Here in ATL with all of our crazy drivers...having that power in reserve comes in handy.

I drive 52 miles RT to work...I drove the 6 cyl one week, and the 4 cyl the next...the tangible difference...cost to fillup at the end of the week was only $8 more and that's largely b/c the 6 cyl burns prem.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything wrong with buying new... I was just raised in a hard core, extremist fundamentalist Dutch family, so the idea that the difference between a 2014 with 0 miles on it and no owners, and a 2014 with 100 miles on it and one owners is in the thousands... well, I just can't stomach that. I've bought new before, I liked it, but my last car I bought was two years old, had 33K on it, and was a good ten grand cheaper than it was new. I won't bag on anyone for buying new, but I won't do it again. Remember that truck thread I posted? The time is nigh... it's coming... soon, I will be a real Murrican. It will be used, though.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I pay cash and buy used cars from eBay and Craigslist. You'll never convince me that buying a new car is a good investment. Sorry but that's utter nonsense.

The worst investment you can make, from an investment standpoint.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lease a car in my company name and write all the payments off as an expense...while momma drives the kids around in it all day. That's the new car. I drive the '89 Wagoneer that I bought for 6,500 dollars because I'm of Scottish heritage and really fuckin' cheap.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I lease a car in my company name and write all the payments off as an expense...while momma drives the kids around in it all day. That's the new car. I drive the '89 Wagoneer that I bought for 6,500 dollars because I'm of Scottish heritage and really fuckin' cheap.

I buy new for the company truck, gotta have something to depreciate. Might check into the lease option though, probably not a bad idea if you figure you're going to have an auto payment as a fixed cost anyway.
I will have to check it out.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buying American is the only way to go.

My Honda will be American made my last one was.

Sound like you've made up your mind, but if there's any doubt...

I do care about mpg, which is one reason I got the 4 cyl...now I wish I hadn't. Here in ATL with all of our crazy drivers...having that power in reserve comes in handy.

I drive 52 miles RT to work...I drove the 6 cyl one week, and the 4 cyl the next...the tangible difference...cost to fillup at the end of the week was only $8 more and that's largely b/c the 6 cyl burns prem.

Yeah tha gas diff is minimal and the 6 runs on reg

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst investment you can make, from an investment standpoint.

Thats a crock of shit maybe if you are buying a Ford or Chrylser or a vehicle that depreciated 10 k the first year. Most Hondas do not depreciate a ton after one year, combine that with a lower interest rate and I prefer the new ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy new for the company truck, gotta have something to depreciate. Might check into the lease option though, probably not a bad idea if you figure you're going to have an auto payment as a fixed cost anyway.
I will have to check it out.

Well, leasing makes sense particularly when you have babies barfing on the carpet. When we turned in the Lincoln MKT last month, the whole car had the slight funk of fermenting milk.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a crock of shit maybe if you are buying a Ford or Chrylser or a vehicle that depreciated 10 k the first year. Most Hondas do not depreciate a ton after one year, combine that with a lower interest rate and I prefer the new ride.

Actually the Ford Fusion was 2nd palce for resale ( behind the Accord) last year and with sticker prices that start at 3-4K lower than the Accord for comparable equipment the Fusion is a better overall value, especially given the fact that the Fusion is currently offering 0% interest. Ford has actually become number 3 for overall resale for combined averages of all models as well. The Accord is sweet and you cant go wrong with it but if you are buying it based off the value then you would be incorrect in this instance.