• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Cowboys

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I agree, but we haven't seen a better option lately Wittens numbers are down, Austin has been a zero this season. Williams looks to have hit the rookie wall. Dez isn't getting the looks. Beasley has been good when he's in. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray has been our leading wr over the last couple of weeks. I don't believe Romo has been seeing the entire field for some reason. OL play this year has been more than solid. I ca't explain it.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree. Dez is basically the same wide receiver he was in college. A physical specimen with superior talent and a horrible route runner. How hard is it to work on your pass routes after being at this level for 3 plus years? What is the noticeable improvement to his game since his arrival in Dallas? Really? can anyone help me see this? Dez is a monster down on the goal line like a big man in basketball going down in the low post. What am I missing here? What about Dez's game besides a small amount of maturity has improved since coming to Dallas?

I think the butt hurt feelings expressed by the excowboys turned bears had some truth. It's a country club in Dallas and everything all the time is not football. Pitch a tent over that circus

I think early in the season we did see that Dez had improved as a route runner, thats not to say he hasn't regressed old habits die hard. No one here knows the time he in Romo put in together before and after practice and during the off-season. If they're not shame on both of them. It his clear though That Dez hasn't gotten it done to so please don't thing i'm putting blame squarely on Romo. Dez clearly has a part in this and needs to be held accountable. This past Monday night we saw no emotion on the field or the sideline with Dez. I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing....was it Apathy or Maturity? Maybe I'm wrong on how I see Dez because i'm a fan, but prove me wrong and increase his targets . That way w/o question we know he's not the guy who we thought he was.:suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I agree, but we haven't seen a better option lately Wittens numbers are down, Austin has been a zero this season. Williams looks to have hit the rookie wall. Dez isn't getting the looks. Beasley has been good when he's in. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray has been our leading wr over the last couple of weeks. I don't believe Romo has been seeing the entire field for some reason. OL play this year has been more than solid. I ca't explain it.

I think Romo has became scared to force the ball to anyone. Every bad play is put under a microscope. We as fans can't have it both ways with Romo. Either we get and accept the gun slinger with the mistakes or we accept the careful not going for the big play conservative Romo. I think all the negativity has finally gotten to him. The big contract may have played a part in the careful play too. All I know is Romo is not trying to make plays he tried in the past.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo has became scared to force the ball to anyone. Every bad play is put under a microscope. We as fans can't have it both ways with Romo. Either we get and accept the gun slinger with the mistakes or we accept the careful not going for the big play conservative Romo. I think all the negativity has finally gotten to him. The big contract may have played a part in the careful play too. All I know is Romo is not trying to make plays he tried in the past.

:agree: 100% let the record show I for one am a fan of the gunslinger and I accept both the good and the bad. I actually liked the emotional roller coaster of being a Romo fan....I know crazy right. I truly believe Garret has put a muzzle so tp speak on his game. In doing so Romo has lost his confidence.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: 100% let the record show I for one am a fan of the gunslinger and I accept both the good and the bad. I actually liked the emotional roller coaster of being a Romo fan....I know crazy right. I truly believe Garret has put a muzzle so tp speak on his game. In doing so Romo has lost his confidence.

I don't know if it is Garrett or Jerry saying "Romo will be more like Manning" That's a lot of pressure out GM/Owner placed on a guy who IS NOT AS GOOD A MANNING. I shook my head when Jerry made that comment.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry looked so disgusted Monday night. I think he's gonna break in the next 2 years. I think he knows he has screwed the pooch with this roster and is going to hire a GM. Its gonna happen he's getting too old for this he won't make the same mistake Al Davis made. he's a smart man, he will do the right thing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry looked so disgusted Monday night. I think he's gonna break in the next 2 years. I think he knows he has screwed the pooch with this roster and is going to hire a GM. Its gonna happen he's getting too old for this he won't make the same mistake Al Davis made. he's a smart man, he will do the right thing.

you wants odds?
:rollseyes:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tell death do us part with JJ.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL agreed. see we can agree Pday. Baby steps

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What is the noticeable improvement to his game since his arrival in Dallas?"

Although he is still not a good route runner, he is a much better route runner than he used to be. Does he still need to improve? Probably, but at least now he can be trusted to normally do what he is supposed to.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What is the noticeable improvement to his game since his arrival in Dallas?"

Although he is still not a good route runner, he is a much better route runner than he used to be. Does he still need to improve? Probably, but at least now he can be trusted to normally do what he is supposed to.

knowing the play book and his reads better does not make him a "much better route runner"

a much better route runner would show itself in the games with separation on occasions....that seldom if at all happens unless it's a slant. It's all about establish position gorilla ball, or run strait down the field for a back shoulder fade with an occasional delay clear out run short across the middle pattern. That's on the whole group....Dez and the coaches. It's not about Romo nor Romo working with him as much as it being about refining his craft and that's on him....and frankly, IMO it's not in his DNA. What Dez brings to the party has always been enough for him while the coaches at Valley Ranch do what the coaches did at OKState and Lufkin....they coddle him, which works the best to get the most outta him.

I know I'm glad Dez is in Dallas cause he has game and we don't have a lot of players here with serious game. I just think he is what he is and to prop him up as something he's not is unfair to the actual wides that refine their craft year after year. Maybe I'm wrong. I know I'll be labeled a Dez hater for this post.
Oh well....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part of that I disagree with is the "BETTER" part. It does make him better than he was. Still room for improvement, but the first two years he was an enigma on the field. I don't think Romo had any idea what the heck he was going to do. Now he does and knowing his reads and the play book is a big part of that. Heck, just knowing that a 12 yard out can't be run at 15 yards is important. However, none of what I just stated should be taken as me thinking he does not still need improvement or that he is a "good route runner"...just that he is better than he was a couple of years ago.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowing the play book and his reads better does not make him a "much better route runner"

a much better route runner would show itself in the games with separation on occasions....that seldom if at all happens unless it's a slant. It's all about establish position gorilla ball, or run strait down the field for a back shoulder fade with an occasional delay clear out run short across the middle pattern. That's on the whole group....Dez and the coaches. It's not about Romo nor Romo working with him as much as it being about refining his craft and that's on him....and frankly, IMO it's not in his DNA. What Dez brings to the party has always been enough for him while the coaches at Valley Ranch do what the coaches did at OKState and Lufkin....they coddle him, which works the best to get the most outta him.

I know I'm glad Dez is in Dallas cause he has game and we don't have a lot of players here with serious game. I just think he is what he is and to prop him up as something he's not is unfair to the actual wides that refine their craft year after year. Maybe I'm wrong. I know I'll be labeled a Dez hater for this post.
Oh well....

I wouldn't call you a Dez hater at all....you're very passionate about this team. You are not easily persuaded win you fill you're right about something. In this case it happens to be Dez. Though you think that you and I disagree on most thinkgsI still respect your opinions you and Jarnett...even though I think y'all see me as being football clueless. Anyway I think your wrong about Dez and given time he'l prove you wrong. I think those wanting Dez out of here not saying thats you, don't understand what we have.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call you a Dez hater at all....you're very passionate about this team. You are not easily persuaded win you fill you're right about something. In this case it happens to be Dez. Though you think that you and I disagree on most thinkgsI still respect your opinions you and Jarnett...even though I think y'all see me as being football clueless. Anyway I think your wrong about Dez and given time he'l prove you wrong. I think those wanting Dez out of here not saying thats you, don't understand what we have.

I'm sorry but your stated opinions have as much value as mine. I clearly stated I'm glad we have DEZ due to his serious game. I just don't consider him a top end NFL wide receiver.

nobody coulda been more wrong than me when it came to Miles Austin. Maybe Dez will be top 5 and I'll be wrong again

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but your stated opinions have as much value as mine. I clearly stated I'm glad we have DEZ due to his serious game. I just don't consider him a top end NFL wide receiver.

nobody coulda been more wrong than me when it came to Miles Austin. Maybe Dez will be top 5 and I'll be wrong again

Of course no that wasn't an under hadn't swipe at you at all. I wasn't trying to start a feud or nothing like that. If we agree on everything we would probably be fairies. You might be right about Dez. I hope to god your wrong. No I was just making reference because we hardly every agree. I know it's not personal . Like I said we are all passionate but have differing opinions some of us are way left some way right. I think I fall somewhere in the middle I hope. We need to win against the Packers and Skins. and the Eagles need to lose 2. If that happens we win the division anyway right?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to do is finish tied and beat Philly. If we win out (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!) we are in regardless of what they do.