• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Cowboys

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to do is finish tied and beat Philly. If we win out (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!) we are in regardless of what they do.

That's what I was trying to say thanks. No stress 2 winnable games coming up.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we need to do is finish tied and beat Philly. If we win out (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!) we are in regardless of what they do.

You dont even need to beat Philly if you finish the season tied with them. Thats why losing to the Bears isnt that big of a deal. If Philly loses their next two and Dallas wins their next two the Cowboys will make the playoffs even before the play Philly.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% disagree with forcing the ball to Dez. 1st off Dez isn't CJ. Not even close. As far as Jeffrey. He seems to only catch everything the last few weeks.
I would rather a 2nd WR step up & make teams pay for doubling Dez. We just don't have that 2nd WR right now. No way we should force balls to Dez just so he can have more targets. Dez wants more targets he can earn them like any other quality WR. I don't have the confidence in Dez, like most of you do. Yes the potential is there, but to me that doesn't mean we give up turnovers to feed Dez. Our Defense isn't good enough to deal with turnovers. I think it is smart to find a different receiver when the defenses is daring the cowboys to throw it to Dez. Use him as a decoy & make them pay. Kinda like Harper & K-Mart used to do when they gave to much attention to Irvin. Although it didn't hurt my feeling to much when we occasionally forced it to Irvin. Then again though. Our defense back then would get the ball back for us if something bad did happen.

It makes zero sense to force the ball to Dez. When he gets doubled he just goes through the motions.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know what he can and can't do if not given the chance. Me saying give Dez 12-15 targets a game is not the same as me saying force the ball to him. I don't think you can ever say I used that statement. I have said give him a chance to make a play against the double team....I do think there is a difference there. No wr getting doubled is going to get wide open not even CJ. What you do see is him go up an attack the ball and get it at its highest point. Dez is not in CJ's league but I do believe he has the ability to make such plays. Again NFL open is often having 1 or 2 steps on a guy. I don't think it's Dez's inability to beat the double, but more so Romo not willing to pull the trigger. I have seen lesser wr do what I expect Dez to do. This is only one man opinion though. It makes Zero since in my opinion to use him as a Decoy, for the very reasons you stated. We don't have the wr stepping up to make plays consistently even with Dez being double covered.