• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Sign Jimmy Clausen

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree Bushrod didnt play up to the elite billing he was given, his play was solid. J Webb wouldnt be my first thought for any comparisons, lol.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that this "proves" anything, but for what it's worth:

B/R NFL 1000: Top 35 Left Tackles | Bleacher Report

PFF comes out with their individual O lineman ratings in July, we'll see where they put him.

PFF is good for #s. But #s don't say anything about down & distance, who is he competing against, or many other factors that influence those #s.
What I look at is, how many sacks was he responsible for . All O-linemen are going to give their fair share of hurries. Especially LTs w/out help.
Really don't know why you're picking on the guy. He might be over paid . But he's best thing we've had at LT in years.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be as great as advertised, but he is such a massive improvement over Webb, that I dont even care. Our oline is actually a strength now IMO.

C

cubzzzfanincali

PFF is good for #s. But #s don't say anything about down & distance, who is he competing against, or many other factors that influence those #s.
What I look at is, how many sacks was he responsible for . All O-linemen are going to give their fair share of hurries. Especially LTs w/out help.
Really don't know why you're picking on the guy. He might be over paid . But he's best thing we've had at LT in years.

oh, I agree, numbers are only numbers. But watching him didn't really impress me that much either. Is he our best LT in years, yes, no doubt. But that's really not saying anything. Best LT on Bears in years is still = marginal left tackle in the league.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, I agree, numbers are only numbers. But watching him didn't really impress me that much either. Is he our best LT in years, yes, no doubt. But that's really not saying anything. Best LT on Bears in years is still = marginal left tackle in the league.

Ok, marginal is good in my book.
He impressed me when he pancaked Ware in the Dallas game .
Forgive me , not used to good O-line play.
But the guy did go to pro bowl for a reason.:suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about Bushrod is, there are certain players he dominates, and in particular, Clay Matthews. I can live with that.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ You know he has had two career games vs the Packers (2011 and 2012 as a Saint) when Matthews played don't you? So how can you base that off of two games?

Incidently in the 2012 game Matthews had 6 tackles and a key 4th quarter sack that ended a drive in a 28-27 win. Whether any of that was against Bushrod who knows would have to rewatch the game but I don't see how you can base your opinion of he dominates Clay off of two head to head games when both players were healthy and played.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction to the above post. 2012 would have been the only year that Clay and Bushrod would have actually gone against each other as Clay was switched from the left side to the right side that year, therefore lining him up directly with Bushrod. So that means you are now basing that off of one game, the game in which Clay actually was a factor against the Saints.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction to the above post. 2012 would have been the only year that Clay and Bushrod would have actually gone against each other as Clay was switched from the left side to the right side that year, therefore lining him up directly with Bushrod. So that means you are now basing that off of one game, the game in which Clay actually was a factor against the Saints.

Did Matthews play last season? If I remember he was injured, but did he have a chance to play against the Bears? Just curious.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he missed both Bears games last year

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed him by a week both times. He came back from the first thumb injury the week after the Monday night game and then re injured it in week 16.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea healthy would be nice.

Love how I get a thumbs down for a post where I state facts. Stay classy Leomaz. I guess the truth is a hard pill for some

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a big big improvement no matter how you slice it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea healthy would be nice.

Love how I get a thumbs down for a post where I state facts. Stay classy Leomaz. I guess the truth is a hard pill for some

There I equaled it back out with a thumbs up. But your on super secret triple probation so be careful. I'm not always gonna be there to protect you from bullies.