• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Sign Jimmy Clausen

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time will tell. Getting his ass kicked in a playoff game and hurting a pinky on the non throwing hand and he is out. Why? because he was under contract for the following year. The only reason he came back last year was to get this deal. If he was signed for the next season already, I have no doubt his groin injury would have kept him sidelined.

The only thing different with Jay is his cap hit. He is still gonna take hits, he is still gonna try to deliver hits when he runs with the ball, he will still blame his receivers for giving up or running the wrong route with each pick he throws. The bears know he is gonna sit out games or they wouldnt be looking to solidify the backup role.

Wow- you really are a dope. It wasnt his pinky, it was his thumb- and it was an unstable fracture which meant surgery. At that point, whether it was his throwing hand or not is immaterial. BTW- if you had Knox and Hester as the primary targets in Martz's offense, youd blame them too for most of the picks. Lousy route runners in his style of offense is a bad combo, and will hurt any QB's performance.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anotheridiot really Clem from the Epsn boards?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about hits, not liking what I'm hearing about Bushrod and Allen... So far in OTA's Allen has been having his way with Bushrod. Granted Allen is probably Hall of Fame bound, but that is a concerning trend. Oddly enough our 7th rounder this year Leno I think, has been working as tackle with the second team. Would be awesome to have him make it and do well. We can never have enough quality linemen.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about hits, not liking what I'm hearing about Bushrod and Allen... So far in OTA's Allen has been having his way with Bushrod. Granted Allen is probably Hall of Fame bound, but that is a concerning trend. Oddly enough our 7th rounder this year Leno I think, has been working as tackle with the second team. Would be awesome to have him make it and do well. We can never have enough quality linemen.

Meh, I try to not get too high or too low on performances during OTA, TC, and even the preseason- especially where the vets are concerned. No such thing as too many quality linemen for sure, NC.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I try to not get too high or too low on performances during OTA, TC, and even the preseason- especially where the vets are concerned. No such thing as too many quality linemen for sure, NC.

Yep yep.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clausen-emu.jpg

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm taking that as a positive... for us having Jared Allen, Bushrod played well last year, while we know he's not the greatest LT ever he's very serviceable in games and in this O.
I had/have some minor questions about Allen and how much he has left, and to see this just tells me that he's still got a lot.
Granted that it is only OTA's- no pads- and JUNE. But I'm kinda excited.
And yes- Absolutely we can't have enough quality depth.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Bushrod is just a marginal left tackle. He looked OK last year because he basically bull rushed ends as he could to throw them and because the offense played pretty fast which covered up many of the line's weaknesses. But watch him on drawn out pass rushes, where the ends have time to get around him, and you won't see a Pro Bowler.

He's better than J'Marcus Webb, and a decent run blocker, but given that we are facing generally higher quality defensive line opponents this year than last, I'm expecting Bushrod will not be seen so positively by fans by midseason as he was last year. We face many of the best front 7s in football this year (Buffalo, Tampa, Carolina, San Francisco, NY Jets, and New England are among my Top 10...and debatably Detroit and Nola are going to be a Top 15 front 7), and it is going to be rougher sledding.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bushrod is just a marginal left tackle. He looked OK last year because he basically bull rushed ends as he could to throw them and because the offense played pretty fast which covered up many of the line's weaknesses. But watch him on drawn out pass rushes, where the ends have time to get around him, and you won't see a Pro Bowler.

He's better than J'Marcus Webb, and a decent run blocker, but given that we are facing generally higher quality defensive line opponents this year than last, I'm expecting Bushrod will not be seen so positively by fans by midseason as he was last year. We face many of the best front 7s in football this year (Buffalo, Tampa, Carolina, San Francisco, NY Jets, and New England are among my Top 10...and debatably Detroit and Nola are going to be a Top 15 front 7), and it is going to be rougher sledding.

I wasn't too thrilled about him either, but he is definitely better than who has been there over the last few years. I agree the quick-paced offense hid some of the inefficiencies of the OLine, but I am hopeful these guys will improve from last season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually convinced Bushrod's drive killing false start on 1st and 10 when the Bears were on the Packer 30 up 28-27 may have been the reason the Bears lost that football game. Total killer.

Anyway, yes. He was fine last year, but he definitely didn't look like the elite LT he was hyped as being when he came in. He was solid for the most part, nothing more and nothing less. He may struggle this year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've decided, fuck it… I hope Clausen beats out Palmer for the job. I liked the kid in college, and maybe he just needs a fresh start. As long as he earns it.

Even if he did look god awful for the most part in Carolina.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Clausen beats out Palmer. ...my god the BU QB will another Caleb Hanie.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody have any info on Jerrod Johnson? The kid looks like he is 7' tall. Can he play?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody have any info on Jerrod Johnson? The kid looks like he is 7' tall. Can he play?

Okay, he is listed at 6'5"', 251 lbs, but he looks a lot bigger than that for sure. Not sure how well he plays. I haven't heard any scoop on him.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played at Texas A&M and he has the school record for passing.

C

cubzzzfanincali

After your amazing explanation of the packer game, you give us this gem? The pimple on my ass is better than Webb

does your ass's pimple warrant a 9-paragraph thesis? If so...well..find someone else.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bushrod is better than marginal. JMO.
Hell, I actually liked how he performed last year.
Just think you're under rating him.
But facing tougher D-Lines, I have every confidence in T-man & Kromer to figure out a scheme to slow those Ds down.
They resigned Britton, who I think will the same role as last year. Being an extra TE.
I don't worry about the opposing teams pass rush any more, But I worry about ours.