• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS #23

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved up 2 positions after that showing on Saturday. I still think if we go 3-0 we will be in a BCS game.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After barely beating Navy we still moved up 2 spots. I'll take it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they run the table they'll be in a BCS bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was bad and good. Bad that sooners lost but great that Stanford won. We win out and beat Stanford 100% we make the BCS bowl game.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was bad and good. Bad that sooners lost but great that Stanford won. We win out and beat Stanford 100% we make the BCS bowl game.

There's a hidden downside in that if Oregon wins out, they're more likely to get a BCS spot that we are, even if we beat Stanford (winning out is the only way we even get in the BCS conversation). We would have had at least an equal chance of getting to a BCS game if Oregon won as expected and won out to play for the NC game. Now, a one-loss Oregon vs. a two-loss ND creates problems.

We are going to have all we can handle the next two weeks and we are going to have to be flawless and, possibly a bit lucky to win out in Palo Alto at the end of the season. If Stanford handles its business the rest of the way, they'll be playing for the Pac12 championship regardless of our game, so there's that, but you can bet Shaw wants revenge against us in the worst way. He's going to want to humilate us at home. We need to get healthy and play flawlessly to even have a shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but we take FSU spot now if FSU makes it to the NCG. We win out we are in. They were talking about it on ESPN that we control were we play in bowl season. Win out and we are in. I cant see them turning down a 10-2 ND team that beat a Top 3 team if Stanford stays unbeaten.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but we take FSU spot now if FSU makes it to the NCG. We win out we are in. They were talking about it on ESPN that we control were we play in bowl season. Win out and we are in. I cant see them turning down a 10-2 ND team that beat a Top 3 team if Stanford stays unbeaten.

I am asking because I don't know but how do we get "FSU's spot?" FSU would likely be the automatic qualifier for the Orange Bowl. The best we can hope for is an at large berth. Wouldnt' the next highest ACC team (Miami or Clemson) get the automatic berth in the OB?

For selfish reasons, I would like that to happen so ND could be down here, but I am ambivilent of going to a BCS game as the lower seed and getting steamrolled. ND is likely going to be faced with the dubious distinction of being 0 for the BCS era, either by dropping one or more of the next three games and not qualifying or going and losing.

I agree, a 10-2 ND in most years should get an at large bid, but between our having to claw from #23 down over the next three games and teams like NIU and Fresno St. sitting out there, this may be an anomoly. All they can do, which is more than enough for them to focus on right now, is to handle their own business and win out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking because I don't know but how do we get "FSU's spot?" FSU would likely be the automatic qualifier for the Orange Bowl. The best we can hope for is an at large berth. Wouldnt' the next highest ACC team (Miami or Clemson) get the automatic berth in the OB?

For selfish reasons, I would like that to happen so ND could be down here, but I am ambivilent of going to a BCS game as the lower seed and getting steamrolled. ND is likely going to be faced with the dubious distinction of being 0 for the BCS era, either by dropping one or more of the next three games and not qualifying or going and losing.

I agree, a 10-2 ND in most years should get an at large bid, but between our having to claw from #23 down over the next three games and teams like NIU and Fresno St. sitting out there, this may be an anomoly. All they can do, which is more than enough for them to focus on right now, is to handle their own business and win out.

Notre Dame being Notre Dame have a tie in if they finish with 9 or more wins and ranked int he top 14 I believe they get an at large bid.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We take ACC spot. So if FSU makes it to the NC game we would take the orange bowl spot.