• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BC Pre-game thread

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured since there are at least a few of us we could chat about the upcoming games. With Harris officially being out for Saturday's game, I just don't see how we could win by less than two scores. BC does have a pretty good defense, but offensively they are, well, offensive. My hope is that the offense rolls early and we can get some reps for the backups, especially the lineman.

I would also love to see some of our younger defensive players like Steward, Anthony, Tavaris Barnes, Garry Peters, Desmond Brown, Joe Gore, and Corey Crawford. IF we can use games like this to build depth, it will help tremendously down the stretch and for the upcoming seasons.

BC shouldn't be taken lightly, and it seems the coaching staff is doing everything they can to keep the team focused, but honestly, I just don't have a lot of respect for their team this year. They did lose to Duke after all...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I hope we don't over look them. It wouldn't be the first time they have bitten us in the ass because we were looking ahead. With that said, I don't think this team is even comparable to the teams in the past. They have shown that they are focused and that they have heart. These guys have been behind at halftime 3 times and have never looked beaten or haggard. I think we handle these next two handily. I would love to see us start rotating in some of the younger guys. Start building that experience and confidence so they'll be ready down the road. Hopefully we can do this for the next 2 weeks before the tarholes come to town.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Harris being out is a big blow to their offense, and they tend to struggle even when he's playing. He was their workhorse against us last season (37 carries for 147 yds). So, yeah, this looks like a great opportunity to get back-ups some playing time. And better yet, it will give us the opportunity to sit our top guys to avoid injury. Staying healthy is key for continued success.

I just hope the players aren't getting cocky.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll let Bellamy start to give all the other rb's a chance to fully heal. Ellington definitely looks like he's not 100%.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A drinking game for the BC game. Although it is intended for BC fans, it sounds like a grand way to get "hammered."

Boston College Vs. Clemson Football Drinking Game - BC Interruption

In order to make it through this Saturday's game between Boston College and Clemson, I have decided to create a drinking game. Let's be honest. Every game this season has made us all want to drink, so why not make it fun and relaxing?

Hopefully with the thorough level of inebriation you won't want to throw a candle through your flatscreen TV.

Anytime the announcers bring up Luke Kuechly's tackle total ... DRINK ONE

Luke Kuechly makes a tackle ... DRINK ONE

Mention of an injured Boston College player ... DRINK ONE

"Andre Williams runs straight ahead....but he is met by a wall of Clemson defenders...no gain" ... DRINK ONE

Reference to the loss of Montel Harris ... DRINK ONE

Blown assignment by the offensive line ... DRINK ONE

Chase Rettig overthrows or underthrows a wide open receiver ... DRINK ONE

Any time a Clemson offensive player burns a BC defender ... DRINK TWO

Chase Rettig is sacked ... DRINK TWO

TV cuts to Frank Spaziani who looks dejected ... DRINK TWO

Camera shows a hot scantily clad Clemson co-ed ... DRINK TWO

"And the Eagles are forced to punt" ... DRINK TWO

"Sammy Watkins is wide open! TOUCHDOWN!" ... DRINK THREE

"Andre Ellington only has one man to beat, TOUCHDOWN!" ... DRINK THREE

Clemson intercepts Chase Rettig, drink half a beer if the wide receiver could have prevented the INT if he ran the right route ... DRINK THREE

BC has a third and long ... DRINK THREE ... and runs a halfback draw ... DRINK ANOTHER ONE

The TV crew talks at length about anyone on the BC defense not named Luke Kuechly or Kevin Pierre-Louis ... DRINK THREE

BC is called for a stupid penalty ... DRINK THREE (double if it's a personal foul)

The announcers get a chuckle out of BC players names such as Spiffy Evans and/or Steele Divitto ... DRINK FOUR

Any mention to losses to Duke ... or Wake Forest ... or UCF ... or Northwestern ... DRINK FOUR

You hear the name "Kevin Rogers" or "Gary Tranquill" ... DRINK FOUR

TV graphic showing the offensive or defensive woes of the Eagles ... DRINK FOUR

BC scores a touchdown ... GUZZLE YOUR BEER

Dave Shinskie enters the game ... GUZZLE YOUR BEER

Any mention of the consecutive BC bowl streak ending this season ... again, GUZZLE

Frank Spaziani blames the players in the post game press conference ... GUZZLE YOUR BEER

Clemson gets a pick 6 on the opening series of the game ... GUZZLE JACK DANIELS

Clemson is up by more than 28 at the half ... MORE JACK DANIELS

BC puts up less than 10 points the entire game ... EVEN MORE JACK DANIELS

It is just getting so bad you can't watch it anymore and decide to watch another game ... (you guessed it) JACK

Boston College wins ... POP A BOTTLE OF MOET AND SCREAM "Like Kevin Garnett ... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!"

Boston College loses by 60 and fire Frank Spaziani immediately following the game ... MOET*

* extra credit for BC students who mob Alumni Stadium to celebrate

Please drink responsibly.