• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor ... the gift that keeps on giving

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!
kickerblammo.0.gif

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gang r*pe? HA! We have heard that before.

Its about to get REALLY bad now cause, dog fighting.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...it-alleges-r*pe-video-dog-fighting/101790002/

Shelby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the piling on is a little unfair. Theres obviously no excuse for the behavior of some of these past football players if the accusations are true but it's unfair that the university as a whole gets judged by the actions of some football players. And with some people around the country saying they woujldnt send their daughters here make me shake my head. Theres an element of danger at every university campus in the country but you just have to be careful. I know I dont feel unsafe on campus but at the same time i am not going to put myself in danger and I'm not going to put my reputation and my character in question either.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes the piling on is a little unfair. Theres obviously no excuse for the behavior of some of these past football players if the accusations are true but it's unfair that the university as a whole gets judged by the actions of some football players. And with some people around the country saying they woujldnt send their daughters here make me shake my head. Theres an element of danger at every university campus in the country but you just have to be careful. I know I dont feel unsafe on campus but at the same time i am not going to put myself in danger and I'm not going to put my reputation and my character in question either.
:stephena:

Shelby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this and please be honest. If accusations were being made against former Alabama football players would you defend your school, a school you worked your butt off to get accepted to, when people try to use those accusations to then define your university all because of the actions of some former athletes? There's more to Baylor than football.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this and please be honest. If accusations were being made against former Alabama football players would you defend your school, a school you worked your butt off to get accepted to, when people try to use those accusations to then define your university all because of the actions of some former athletes? There's more to Baylor than football.
I think it depends on how much the powers that be knew about players discretion's.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What went on there is indefensible and if the same thing happened at Bama I'd be absolutely disgusted. A lot of shit was swept under the rug by a lot of people and while, yes, there's more to Baylor than just football, this kind of stuff seemed to run rampant on campus and there's gonna be a lot of backlash because of it. Deservedly so imo.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If something like this happened at Alabama, I'd say burn the fucker down.

And then I'd realize you were probably not asking me that question.

However, since you didn't allow a potato salad option, I vote to burn Alabama.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. It goes beyond accusations. It's unfitting to downplay what went on there.

2. The thing you guys don't get is this doesn't happen at other places. When you hear of people being dismissed from a school for violation of team rules, it's because they do things like this. Yes, it would be better if programs tried not to get rid of bad apples so easily but at least they are being removed from the campus. Your school allegedly called gang r*pe a team building exercise.

Something of this scale would be impossible to fathom on a public campus. The only example we have resembling it was at Penn State and that involved covering up the actions of one person at the discretion of someone who was bigger than the University. I don't think even coaches who are as revered on their campus as Harbaugh or Saban could sustain that level of cover up (and I don't see them being awful human beings like Briles and attempting it).

To answer your question though, if Gundy was complicit in a decade long cover up that involved the encouragement of gang r*pe by the football team, I don't know the answer. I'd like to say at the least I'd wash my hands of the football team and find someone else to root for until basketball season but as with you my love for my alma mater runs deeper than what happens on Saturdays. What I wouldn't do though is make excuses for their behavior and try and shift blame onto ESPN or the BOR or claim the head coach is blameless. I would be deeply ashamed that wins are more important than the wellbeing of students on campus and I would be mortified if other alumni seemed to care more about keeping the program on a winning track than making things right.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you an actual Baylor fan or like @Used 2 B Hu ? :noidea:

Shelby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It goes beyond accusations. It's unfitting to downplay what went on there.

2. The thing you guys don't get is this doesn't happen at other places. When you hear of people being dismissed from a school for violation of team rules, it's because they do things like this. Yes, it would be better if programs tried not to get rid of bad apples so easily but at least they are being removed from the campus. Your school allegedly called gang r*pe a team building exercise.

Something of this scale would be impossible to fathom on a public campus. The only example we have resembling it was at Penn State and that involved covering up the actions of one person at the discretion of someone who was bigger than the University. I don't think even coaches who are as revered on their campus as Harbaugh or Saban could sustain that level of cover up (and I don't see them being awful human beings like Briles and attempting it).

To answer your question though, if Gundy was complicit in a decade long cover up that involved the encouragement of gang r*pe by the football team, I don't know the answer. I'd like to say at the least I'd wash my hands of the football team and find someone else to root for until basketball season but as with you my love for my alma mater runs deeper than what happens on Saturdays. What I wouldn't do though is make excuses for their behavior and try and shift blame onto ESPN or the BOR or claim the head coach is blameless. I would be deeply ashamed that wins are more important than the wellbeing of students on campus and I would be mortified if other alumni seemed to care more about keeping the program on a winning track than making things right.

I agree and I'm not trying to shift blame or anything like that I just wish people would stop judging the entire university which includes the vast majority of students and faculty that had nothing to do with the actions of some football players and their coaches.

Shelby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that Matt Rhule will do a lot of good things for the football team though. I'm curious to see what he does this season.