• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor’s Lache Seastrunk Begins Heisman Campaign on Thursday

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Lache's first big game of the season, and Baylor has a stretch of big games coming up (Oklahoma, Texas Tech in Cowboy Stadium, @Oklahoma State, @TCU, Texas)

Seastrunk has run for 100 yards in 11 of the last 13 games, and 10 of the last 11. Despite seeing limited time in the second half of games this season, thanks largely in part to Baylor blowing everybody out, Seastrunk is on pace for 1,489 yards and 18 touchdowns. He’ll be sure to see a bunch of time in second halves from here on out as Baylor’s schedule ramps up quite a bit.

Lache in the 1st half compared to 2nd half this season:
1st half -- 83 carries, 727 yards (8.8 YPC), 10 TD
2nd half -- 13 carries, 142 yards (10.9 YPC), 1 TD

Oklahoma will be a good first test as they’re allowing only 134 rushing yards a game (#28 in the nation) and have held opponents to under 100 rushing yards four times this season. However, against their two biggest match-ups so far this season, Texas and Notre Dame, Oklahoma has allowed 475 rushing yards.

When he first came to Baylor, Seastrunk boldly proclaimed that he would win the 2013 Heisman Trophy. That wasn't the first time Seastrunk has said he would win the Heisman. The other came when he arrived at Oregon as a freshman after being one of the nation's top high school running backs at Temple, Texas, less than 40 miles from the Baylor campus in Waco.

"If you're going to say something like that, you better back it up. And I feel like the kid has done nothing but do that," said quarterback Bryce Petty

"He gets in between the lines and he makes things happen. ... At any given time, he could take it for 75 yards. How does that not just want to make you hand the ball off to him?"

Bears receiver Tevin Reese said "anything Lache does is for the team." Even the Heisman talk.
"He basically just came out and said what everybody was thinking," Reese said. "We expected him to come to work like he was going to win the Heisman. He was going to try to win the Heisman every day. That's what we see from Lache."

img22278399.jpg

Lache-Seastrunk.jpg

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C55cE-FCM34]Seastrunk wants fans to rush field in celebration - YouTube[/ame]

Seastrunk wants fans to rush field in celebration if Baylor wins tomorrow

comments from Sooner fans:

Thank you Lache Seastrunk! Instant bulletin board material for the team...

I love it. I absolutely love it. No greater way to jinx your team than by publicly announcing your victory celebration before the game has been played. This kind of overconfidence gives me hope about Thursday night.

Maybe our guys will take offense and only allow him to rush for 225 yards now.

**** Lache, **** you Baylor

They're going to lose a game because of arrogance alone. They haven't the slightest clue how to handle success.

He said "IF we win" not "WHEN we win."

The guy said "IF we win"....not when we win. He said "IF I score"......not when I score

Yes he did. He corrected himself in mid-sentence.

I bet his coaches were LIVID.

**** that guy.

I don't think you know what bulletin board material is then. You don't have to say, "We're gonna beat them and then bang all their moms and girlfriends," to be bulletin board material. Discussing your post game celebration before the game is the very definition of bulletin board material.

That needs to get tweeted to every ou player and coach today!

Anyone posted this on a players twitter yet? Tapper, Wade, or Chuka would really appreciate it.

The last time I wanted to win a game this bad was when we played Miami for the first time in forever a few years back. I'm tired of the Baylor yapping. I don't want to just beat them--I want Bob and Co to punish them.

most of you are missing the point...it's not the fact he said "if" i score it's the fact that he's already planning the victory celebration. it's the fact that he has plans as if they've already won. of course he's confident but you don't tell the media you already have plans for winning. this is bulletin board material in the fact that it gives just a bit more reason for the dline to make sure he doesn't rush well...it may help the lb's focus on scheme just a bit more. we need all the advantage we can get and this will add to it. if you know anything of stoops you know he will use anything, factual or made up, to get his team focused so i do see this as something that the players will know about.

I like it. Reminds me of Jimmy Johnson in the '94 NFC championship game (I believe) when he said the papers could write in 1 inch bold print, "We WILL win the game".

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's splitting votes with Petty. Gonna make it tough...

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer patient inspires Seastrunk on field

He is a talented athlete, a Cartoon Network fanatic, and now, Temple junior Lache Seastrunk shows the public yet another facet of his personality -- his heart.

Seastrunk can be seen wearing his wristband that says “Molly” both on and off the field.
He said he never takes it off.

Molly Martinsen was diagnosed with brain cancer in June 2011. She was 10 at the time. After a long and hard battle, one that she refused to back down from, Molly died at age 11 in May 2012.
Seastrunk is confident when it comes to winning the 2013 Heisman Trophy. He made his controversial statement regarding the Heisman in December 2012.
To Sporting News, he said, “I’m going to win the Heisman. I’m going to win it in 2013. If I don’t, I’m going to get very close. I’m shooting for that goal.”

Seastrunk has made it clear since then that he won’t back down from his claim. Now that he has “the power of Molly,” he said he is more dedicated than ever to achieve his goal.

“My conviction is stronger than anyone else’s to win,” Seastrunk said. “I know in my heart that nobody can stop me from what I want to do and what God has in store for me.”

Seastrunk said Molly’s spirit encourages him whenever he has self-doubt.
“I think of her in everything I do,” Seastrunk said.
“If I tell myself ‘no,’ what would Molly think? What would Molly think if I said I couldn’t do it? I know she’ll lift me up because she is my angel, because I feel her all the time. She’s always with me.”
Molly has become an important part of Seastrunk’s life, he said, and he would like to build a philanthropic foundation in Molly’s name in the future.
“Coach Kaz always tells us to play for a higher cause,” Seastrunk said. “I found my cause.”

Cancer patient inspires Seastrunk on field | The Baylor Lariat

molly-FTW-300x286.jpg

Molly Martinsen fought cancer until her death in May 2013.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just seems so damn fake.

Hi, my name is Lache and I'm running for Heisman. Ooh and by the way, did you know a girl who died of cancer inspires me? :hockeysmile:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ameer Abdullah just LOL'd so fucking hard.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't good enough to start for the scout team at Oregon. Big 12 defenses make him look like Jesus. Makes perfect sense.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads on Seastrunk:
“His strength is he doesn’t have any weaknesses.”

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't good enough to start for the scout team at Oregon. Big 12 defenses make him look like Jesus. Makes perfect sense.
-
talking his freshmen yr with De'Anthny and a senior. Clearly he had issues there. Likely stemming from getting them investigated. Kid is very talented, as his 5 stars indicated. Only question on him was always his head, not his ability. This is just a troll attempt.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't respect the "skills" of any running back in those types of offenses. jmo. fo

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how Seastrunk was rated as a recruit:
-#2 on MaxPreps.com's Tom Lemming Top100
-#4 on Sporting News Top100
-#20 on Scout100 (#4 in TX), #4 RB (#1 in TX)
-#26 on Rivals100 (#2 in TX) , #3 RB (#1 in TX)
-#40 on ESPN 100 (#6 in TX), #6 RB (#1 in TX)
-USA Today All-USA team
-U.S. All-American
-ran for 4,127 yards in Texas 5A football
-offers to LSU, Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Baylor, Southern Cal, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, Miami, UNC
-High school teammate of current Baylor receiver Tevin Reese (who is currently 70 yds shy of being Baylor's #1 WR with 824 yds receiving)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a stupid opinion.

Not really. Hell, you can pretty much plug in any track star and he or she will grab 10-15 yards before the defense even knows who has the ball. That's more of a compliment to the offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Hell, you can pretty much plug in any track star and he or she will grab 10-15 yards before the defense even knows who has the ball. That's more of a compliment to the offense.

True dat.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't respect the "skills" of any running back in those types of offenses. jmo. fo

it is similar to how you have to take the production of Bama RBs with a grain of salt when they ran behind a line of five 1st Rd O-lineman. Comes with the territory when you play on a loaded offense

as for Lache's skills, he is currently projected as a 1st-2nd pick by NFLDraftScout but he struggles as a pass protector, for ex, which will drop his stock to a lot of teams

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seastrunk helps Baylor go undefeated and has close to 1700 yards and 20+ TD's he stands a good shot at getting an invite. It's a tough year for RB's though with all the QB's having great seasons on really good teams.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is similar to how you have to take the production of Bama RBs with a grain of salt when they ran behind a line of five 1st Rd O-lineman. Comes with the territory when you play on a loaded offense

as for Lache's skills, he is currently projected as a 1st-2nd pick by NFLDraftScout but he struggles as a pass protector, for ex, which will drop his stock to a lot of teams

Won't argue that. However, you still see the ability to break tackles and grab that tough yardage, while at the same time see the speed when they get out in the open, which is why I prefer physical running backs over the Demps and McCalebs of the world.

Completely take our backs out of the equation, I'll take Davis from SCAR, Gurley from UGA, or Mevlin Gordon from Wisky any day of the damn week over Seastrunk.