• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BayLOLer

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is.....

One last postscript from the crazy ending to the Arizona-Arizona State game last Friday night. The Pac-12 issued a statement Monday morning acknowledging that Sun Devils guard Jahii Carson should have been assessed a technical foul for hanging on the rim. The league added that the refs were right in not calling a T on ASU after its players left the bench because they had signaled timeout so they could conduct a monitor review.

However, I'm told if an Arizona player had picked up the ball on the baseline and attempted to inbound it, the refs would have had no choice but to call a technical foul on the Arizona State bench. Because no one did that, they were able to avoid that by maintaining that play was not interrupted.

In the future, I'd recommend that coaches teach their players that in the chaos of an end-game situation, they should at least pick up the ball and face the court as if they are trying to inbound the ball. That way they will force the refs' hands.

Link: Defining and deciding the coach of the year race, more Hoop Thoughts - College Basketball - Seth Davis - SI.com

Interesting. In the Cal game, Arizona was actually in the motion of inbounding the ball, and I believe, actually DID inbound it while players and fans were all over the court. So not even that got the refs to make the call.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor/Okie State game was awful. Hard to watch. Bad defense and lost opportunities.