• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Basketball Week 2

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of turnovers from the freshmen, which shouldn't be surprising. Good learning experience.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually kind of disappointed at some aspects of game last night. We weren't able to use our size advantage in the post to score and get to shots on D. However, we did pretty well rebounding the ball.

I'm also not sure how many games we can win with Adam Smith and Jarrell Eddie scoring the points. They're both too inconsistent and will chuck to get their shot. I was pretty impressed by Eddie. Even though some of the threes he took were contested, he was able to get open through a screen and set his feet before taking the shot. I think earlier in his career, he would come of a screen then rush the shot and take the three off balance. Hopefully we can get more offense from Eddie off screens and it will open up the dribble drive for him. I also hope we post him up more; he looks pretty good in that role.

I was too drunk in the second half to pay too much attention to Adam Smith's run in the second half.

I'm not too concerned with the turnovers.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We started out well, but we couldn't defend and couldn't score outside of Adam Smith and Janell Eddie. We also turned the ball over like crazy. I guess its expected against number one.

Hope we can play better against Seton Hall. Hope we shot from 3 pt land like we did against Michigan State though.
haha whoops, guess we got two new players in Cadarius Raines and Janell Eddie. Janell Eddie can really shoot the 3.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually kind of disappointed at some aspects of game last night. We weren't able to use our size advantage in the post to score and get to shots on D. However, we did pretty well rebounding the ball.

I was too drunk in the second half to pay too much attention to Adam Smith's run in the second half.

I'm not too concerned with the turnovers.

I've been there too! Trying to post and being drunk makes for funny reading of your posts the next day. Hey, tough game last night. Good luck this season fellas.:suds:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to lose. Barksdale misses the FT. Eddie plays shitty d and let's his guy get a wide open 3. He then misses a layup and throws the ball out of bounds for no reason. I don't think I am going to miss Jarell Eddie at all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Eddie sure does some really dumb shit. He can score at times but his basketball IQ seems pretty low.

Overall it was a muck it up game. I didn't think either team played all that well. We trailed by 5 or 6 nearly the whole game and I was a bit surprised we even had a shot to win it. Tough way to lose. You got a lead with a minute left after fighting to stay in it the whole time and you puke up on your shirt.

Does Emelogu have range or what! The game was in Brooklyn but those last 3s of his were in another borough.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turnovers are killer...hung with MSU for a bit, but not cause we played to their level, they played down to our level...what did we have 20 turnovers by half? oh well, I think if we can stop the turnovers we got a chance to be a pretty decent team

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Freshman guard Ben Emelogu (flu like symptoms/post concussion) is questionable for Tuesday nights game against Furman. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hokies&amp;src=hash">#Hokies</a></p>&mdash; Mike Barber (@RTD_MikeBarber) <a href="https://twitter.com/RTD_MikeBarber/statuses/405075800376233984">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Freshman guard Ben Emelogu (flu like symptoms/post concussion) is questionable for Tuesday nights game against Furman. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hokies&amp;src=hash">#Hokies</a></p>&mdash; Mike Barber (@RTD_MikeBarber) <a href="https://twitter.com/RTD_MikeBarber/statuses/405075800376233984">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
:L

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start but I would like more of an inside out attack instead of hitting 3s off screens

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot we played today so I missed the first half. Things look shakier than they should but Emelogu is a pretty big deal for us. I keep saying it because its true, he's clearly our best player.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot we played today so I missed the first half. Things look shakier than they should but Emelogu is a pretty big deal for us. I keep saying it because its true, he's clearly our best player.
We're doing a lot better job getting inside on this second part of the second half but c Raines hasn't played at all

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the win. Will Johnston for MVP. Wood finally had a good game too.

Did Raines get hurt or is he in the doghouse for some reason?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Totally forgot there was a game last night. Glad to get a win.

Got my tickets for the VCU game though.:yahoo:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good win! We really got it done driving to the hoop and down low today.

The only downside is we always seem to collapse under full court pressure. It's really going to be hard to break Vcu's full court when we can't break radfords