• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barner Traded to the Eagles

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
this is a good thing. He would not have made the team.
Fozzy could turn out to be a real Cinderella story in an NFL sorta way

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea, what if we traded Derek Anderson to the Browns? What could we get for him?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a good thing. He would not have made the team.
Fozzy could turn out to be a real Cinderella story in an NFL sorta way

I agree - he wasn't doing anything here. And he's a better fit for a Chip Kelly system (as we've already seen).

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea, what if we traded Derek Anderson to the Browns? What could we get for him?
Connor Shaw? Browns have 4 QB's (Hoyer, Joey Football, Grossman, Shaw) - they're not going to take on Anderson, imo.

The "condition" is that he must be on Philly's 46 man active roster for at least 4 games.
That's iffy - do we re-obtain him if Philly cuts him?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Golden Spur not unless we resign him.

this trade was basically because he was being out played and was going to be cut anyway. trding him away with possible compensation is just icing on the cake.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Golden Spur not unless we resign him.

this trade was basically because he was being out played and was going to be cut anyway. trding him away with possible compensation is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, that makes sense. I gotta say, with our inability to release D-will or Stewart, because of the cap, the Barner and Gaffney picks were head-scratchers, even if they did look like legit late-round value picks. And neither came close to working out. Have to give Gettleman an F on those.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting move. I liked him coming out of college. What was the reasoning for him never catching on with you guys? Stewart and Williams are not exactly huge roadblocks for him. If anyone can get it out of him hopefully Chip can. If nothing else a electric return guy and a 3rd string RB behind McCoy and Sproles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting move. I liked him coming out of college. What was the reasoning for him never catching on with you guys? Stewart and Williams are not exactly huge roadblocks for him. If anyone can get it out of him hopefully Chip can. If nothing else a electric return guy and a 3rd string RB behind McCoy and Sproles.

Well Shady that actually not hard to explain. at Oregon he ran a pretty simple offense that got him out into space alot. Dwill and Jstew are actually huge road blocks for him because he does not really have skills that they do. he does not pass block well, he fumbled a bit last year which is something he did at Oregon too, he absolutly cannot run between the tackles. big thing is he does not fit Carolinas running style.

he would fit alot better in NO, Det, Philly, and NE. those teams run schemes that he could prolly be good in.

his biggest knock is last year Stewert was out and we only really had Dwill back there, and he still wasn't able to get on the field very much. with Stewert healthy he really is not going to get on the field at all and frankly Fozzy is easily out playing him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that makes sense. I gotta say, with our inability to release D-will or Stewart, because of the cap, the Barner and Gaffney picks were head-scratchers, even if they did look like legit late-round value picks. And neither came close to working out. Have to give Gettleman an F on those.

For me not really because of Stewert and Dwil, a 6th round pick for a third string back that could return kicks for you is a solid pick. this years pick of Gaffney however was actually because Barner wasnt really looking like a guy who could ever be even a number two back. strickly a change up scat back like player but his lack of anything resembing power kills him.

i actually liked Barner getting picked but didnt care for Gaffney, however after watching Barner last two years he doesnt seem to really be working out. Gaffney to me is the head scratcher.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me not really because of Stewert and Dwil, a 6th round pick for a third string back that could return kicks for you is a solid pick. this years pick of Gaffney however was actually because Barner wasnt really looking like a guy who could ever be even a number two back. strickly a change up scat back like player but his lack of anything resembing power kills him.

i actually liked Barner getting picked but didnt care for Gaffney, however after watching Barner last two years he doesnt seem to really be working out. Gaffney to me is the head scratcher.

Gaffney is a straight North-South runner that, IMO, fit our power running game much better than Barner. He also could pass and run block which made him more valuable in our offense.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Shaw? Browns have 4 QB's (Hoyer, Joey Football, Grossman, Shaw) - they're not going to take on Anderson, imo.

He's better than anyone they have now and has shown he can help mentor a young QB. Basically, they would be trading for a starting QB. I'd think that would be worth at least a 3rd or 4th round pick.

If we did trade Anderson keeping Webb would make a lot more sense. We could still run the same offense if Cam has to come out. If we put Webb on waivers another team will probably take him very quickly, he's had a good preseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaffney is a straight North-South runner that, IMO, fit our power running game much better than Barner. He also could pass and run block which made him more valuable in our offense.

true. but everything i saw from Gaffney at Stanford was a guy who doesnt have a very good burst to the whole, so you would have to block longer for him. just my 2 cents on that.