• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Band Aid man

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Tricketts time at QB is over....and that may be what is best for the program and him. He came into this season performing better than most anyone thought he would, but you can tell he just does not have it anymore. Whether it be arm strength, mental side of it, or just the physical ability...TCU changed him. The play calling was no different when Howard came in the game last night, but man did it look different. It looked like a more mobile Trickett from earlier in the season.

Trickett to me is the band aid man, not because of injury, but because I think he played the role he was meant to while here at WVU. Get us through this season so we can pass the torch to the next QB whoever that may be. I wish he would have chosen to take fewer hit this season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton and I texted each other thru the game last night. He commented on Clint's slow delivery and lack of zip on his passes. Once Skylar came into the game, you saw a marked difference.

I commented after the TCU game, I believe Clint's shoulder became problematic for him… one reason why we saw WVU go to the running game more against Okie St and TCU.

I provided a link to a video of the no-call face mask play against TCU. You saw a noticeably wobbly Trickett attempt to stand up following the play. I think he suffered another concussion from that play.

Slaton mentioned how much smaller Clint looked last night. Probably true as well. What does he have… celiac disease?

In Dana's post-game comments, it sounds like he will be giving Skylar the ball against ISU.

Clint… when healthy… gave us some great moments. The kid is tough as nails. I wish the season had ended better for him. As one who had to give up football because of concussions, I understand what he's going through.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game where he and many receivers were not on the same page. Balls being under thrown and over thrown have been getting progressively worse. The TCU game was by far his first significant drop off in stats.
Got to agree, he played tough.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you guys, I have zero doubt that Trick has given this team all he has but it has been a concern since he got here his body just won't allow him to do everything that he wants to do. As a fan I appreciate what he has done for us very much and respect his guts but I believe the time has come to pass the torch, accept that Howard still has some learning to do and prepare for the future in the ISU game and then the bowl, win or lose.