• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama, Ohio State, and Baylor

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not from you. but many others.....

look at OSU's win over buffalo, 40-20........ and what was said, not to mention the bullshit drop in the polls.......

now lets sit back and listen to what is said about bama's 20-7 win......:whistle:

I'm not saying ""you suck" is the right response but dropping in rankings depends on several things.

Well how many close games did you have and against who? How did offense look, defense look? Miss St isn't exactly a sissy ass team and at home. They have always been known to play physical defense and run the ball hard. In fact they have played most the top teams well into the 3rd quarter. However, Alabama turned it over 4 times and game was closer. Doesn't make a team still not #1 with an entire year of work behind them. OSU had many of those sloppy games early against nobodies, and at home on few of them with no other body of work behind them. Not a good combination for rankings! Then yesterday didn't help after they looked like they had righted the ship.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't necessarily attacking you, or even your team, well maybe a little.

lmao at workmanlike and efficient. fucking hypocrites in the sports media........... the bias is blinding.... :L

its still bullshit......:L

It was kinda workmanlike, Bama didnt panic, they didnt deviate from their game plan and they didnt let Miss St get into their heads. All they did was go about the job of containing that team on offense and let their offense score enough to win yet another game.

And if we look at the stats, Bama rolled up almost 400 yards on offense even while struggling and held MSU to less that 200. That sounds pretty efficient. It was an ugly win, but in the end, a win is a win and shows character when done on the road in a hostile environment.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was called workmanlike on ESPN last night.

On CBS it was called efficient.

I called it uncharacteristic and flat. Thats the most turnovers that i have seen from an Alabama team since Saban got there....but they still won.

Miss. St always plays us tough at their house, so we knew this game was coming. They did a very good job on defense all night keeping our key players from getting the ball and doing anything with it.

Hard to go undefeated and tOSU, Bama, FSU, Baylor all have games left. We will see who is left when the smoke clears.

Good luck with that hate it appears you have going there, but you wont get me to defend or make excuses for what took place last night, nor will you draw me into an argument.

I agree with most of the above but I never heard them describe it as workman like or efficient. They called it sloppy. They even debated if they thought FSU was better. Basically they tried to compare beating not as good competition badly to Alabama beating better competition pretty easily as well until last night. Consensus was still Bama-FSU top two teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kinda workmanlike, Bama didnt panic, they didnt deviate from their game plan and they didnt let Miss St get into their heads. All they did was go about the job of containing that team on offense and let their offense score enough to win yet another game.

And if we look at the stats, Bama rolled up almost 400 yards on offense even while struggling and held MSU to less that 200. That sounds pretty efficient. It was an ugly win, but in the end, a win is a win and shows character when done on the road in a hostile environment.

To be fair though MSU had opportinities just like Bama and also when they needed their offense the most after their D stepped up multiple times, a 3rd string freshman QB came in. I guess it was just meant to be.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair though MSU had opportinities just like Bama and also when they needed their offense the most after their D stepped up multiple times, a 3rd string freshman QB came in. I guess it was just meant to be.

Ask Auburn about, "meant to be", NOT Alabama! :L Some years Auburn plays the entire year with a shamrock up their ass! :nod: Looks like another one this year. (2010 the last time) A team a minute from being 8-5 wins the NC~ :doh: You can relate to that with Michigan. They have thier own 4 leaf clover too. They could easily be something like 4-6!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Auburn about, "meant to be", NOT Alabama! :L Some years Auburn plays the entire year with a shamrock up their ass! :nod: Looks like another one this year. (2010 the last time) A team a minute from being 8-5 wins the NC~ :doh: You can relate to that with Michigan. They have thier own 4 leaf clover too. They could easily be something like 4-6!

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of the above but I never heard them describe it as workman like or efficient. They called it sloppy. They even debated if they thought FSU was better. Basically they tried to compare beating not as good competition badly to Alabama beating better competition pretty easily as well until last night. Consensus was still Bama-FSU top two teams.

It was a tagline hook they used to lead in to a commercial to get people interested in coming back.

The efficient came from a story on CBS.

I hated the ugly win last night, but was not surprised we struggled with MSU. I hope they get their act together this week and work hard on getting up for the Auburn game, that will be a very hostile environment for Bama to finish out this drive for the West and SECCG slot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor from me. Teams have off games from time to time, and I've always maintained that a team should not drop in the polls unless they lose.

How come tOSU dropped 2 spots early in season than?? And whats worse is they didn't even get a chance to prove themselves and they dropped em.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come tOSU dropped 2 spots early in season than?? And whats worse is they didn't even get a chance to prove themselves and they dropped em.

Take it up with the voters. I've made my opinion clear.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not up to us, maybe ask the voters:noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: Well played, nice deflection guys :laugh3:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a tagline hook they used to lead in to a commercial to get people interested in coming back.

The efficient came from a story on CBS.

I hated the ugly win last night, but was not surprised we struggled with MSU. I hope they get their act together this week and work hard on getting up for the Auburn game, that will be a very hostile environment for Bama to finish out this drive for the West and SECCG slot.

They will. Opposing fans always think a top team should play their A game every week, and if they don't, they attack! You said it, in a 12 week season, a team will have highs and lows. You just hope they win when they have a low. Alabama was flat flat flat. If people can't see the formula was perfect for this to happen oh well. We're still #1, we will play great against Auburn, and I think we will be more focused and I like our match up. When we beat Auburn no one will remember this one! :nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: Well played, nice deflection guys :laugh3:

What deflection, UNA and i both have gone on record as saying if a team wins, it should not drop. I have always stated. those that knew me on CBS saw me claim this profusely last year when Bama jumped USC after the Michigan win. I dont go in for a team winning and dropping in the polls.

And really, no deflection on our part, we dont vote, we just argue points afterwards.:suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will. Opposing fans always think a top team should play their A game every week, and if they don't, they attack! You said it, in a 12 week season, a team will have highs and lows. You just hope they win when they have a low. Alabama was flat flat flat. If people can't see the formula was perfect for this to happen oh well. We're still #1, we will play great against Auburn, and I think we will be more focused and I like our match up. When we beat Auburn no one will remember this one! :nod:

Yeah, i told my dad(Georgia fan) this morning that if that had been Clinton-Dix and Collins going for the ball, it would have been intercepted and the game would have been done with Auburn failing and the fans bursting into tears.

I think we will be fine, i just hope we dont go in and play like we did last night to start, i hope we come out hitting on all cylinders like last years title game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What deflection, UNA and i both have gone on record as saying if a team wins, it should not drop. I have always stated. those that knew me on CBS saw me claim this profusely last year when Bama jumped USC after the Michigan win. I dont go in for a team winning and dropping in the polls.

And really, no deflection on our part, we dont vote, we just argue points afterwards.:suds:

Yah, I especially don't like it early on in the season bc it is hard to base a team's performance early (of course if they lose). I can see if the other team beats a top 10 team.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Bama is past their punch-drunk phase with that MSU game, and they'll regain focus and intensity. Its awfully difficult to keep such focus for three consecutive years, even with a task-master like Saban.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Bama is past their punch-drunk phase with that MSU game, and they'll regain focus and intensity. Its awfully difficult to keep such focus for three consecutive years, even with a task-master like Saban.

I see that game every year and it just depends on how good the other team is. But usually after that game Saban has them more focused than ever. I expect to see the best from Bama against Auburn.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is not a great team. Texas A&M put 42 points on the Bama defense and theonly thing that saved the Tide was the Aggies have no defense. Last night Alabama struggled to beat a team down to their third quarterback. Throw in Mississippi State beat Bowling Green by a whopping one point. Of course when this happens the bought and paid for SEC/ESPN announcers claim that style points don't matter.

Ohio State hasn't played anybody other than Wisconsin who is good. They for the most part have beaten their opponents with no problem. When Ohio State wins 60-35 the SEC/ESPN announcers, especially Mark May rant constantly over the fact that Ohio State gave up 30 points to a lower opponent. So if you are the Buckeyes according top SEC/ESPN Network style points matter.

Baylor Has stomped everybody in front of them so they are just as deserving as anybody else.

Florida State has stomped everybody in front of them although they have played the weakest schedule by far. Who knows how good they are when all they play is an ACC schedule. Yeah they beat Clemson to a pulp but then how do we know how good Clemson really is

If somehow all four of these teams finished undefeated then the National Championship game is meaningless. Not one of these teams if they were to win that game can boast they are the best when there are still two undefeated teams that had no shot at them whatsoever. Two teams who did everything they could possibly do.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll go on record too. It depends on all the circumstances. If a team has established and earned a ranking a close win against a decent team (as opposed to a bad team) should not cost them a position but if they have slowly moved up ONLY because other teams in front of them have lost and a team behind them has an impressive win, hell yea they should fall.

Also at the beginning of the year, like in OSU's case, when there is no body of work to go off of, just guessing, and a top team struggles while another top team is looking great, yes, should be able to drop. Look, people aren't just dropping teams because they want to, there are usually reasons, whether one likes it or not!

Too compare Alabama's 20-7 win over Miss St in week 11, after 10 strong weeks where NO one questioned their ranking, to Ohio State's 5 unimpressive showings in the first six weeks is ridiculous. The five I'm talking about:

struggle with Buffalo
horrible California scores 34 on them
31-24 win over only ranked team Wisconsin
40-30 over Northwestern and game was much closer
34-24 over Iowa ( you do know Iowa is bad?)

Should they get an automatic pass because before any games were played they were ranked #2?

Started playing better then OSU gives up 35 yesterday to Illinois (MSU gave up 3 to them).

Just giving the reasons why they probably have dropped.