• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama Offense a Mystery

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that with the athleticism this "D" should have we get better at that...if Gibson does want to bring more pressure we will see a lot more man to man and we should have the coverage guys. Should be a good chess match since neither side will know much about the other.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRESHMAN DONTAE ANGUS told the Charleston Daily Mail he was approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center Wednesday and that he’s headed to campus today.

“I’m eligible, enrolled, cleared to practice. Everything, man,” the 6-foot-7, 309-pound Angus said.

Angus was committed to the University of Florida, but picked the Mountaineers on signing day. He said he believes he’ll begin as a defensive lineman at WVU, but is open to whatever the coaches thinks is best. Most notably, Angus’ addition gives WVU a full allotment of 85 scholarship players for the first time in coach Dana Holgorsen’s four seasons.

Glad to see the big guy on campus! Also, it seems that other people have an understanding of the importance of depth and how it translates to success. This season should be a very good indicator of the future of WVU football under Holgs.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear… it isn't all about just having depth… it is about having quality depth.

WVU has been able to provide a 2-3 man depth chart.

But, when your 3 man is a true freshman… and he is forced into action due to injury…

IMO, Dana has developed some quality depth at most positions. And, those which are still weak… look very promising for the future…

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear… it isn't all about just having depth… it is about having quality depth.

Absolutely...I was referring to just depth in general. Not too long ago, I read an article about Holgs finally having enough players to scrimmage in practice without having to worry about a starter or a quality backup getting banged up or injured.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely...I was referring to just depth in general. Not too long ago, I read an article about Holgs finally having enough players to scrimmage in practice without having to worry about a starter or a quality backup getting banged up or injured.

Yeah… heading into Spring practice Dana said he finally had enough bodies to go full scrimmage since he arrived at WVU. He could afford to let the kids hit without fear of not having enough players to go if one went down with injury.

Hard to fathom…

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah… heading into Spring practice Dana said he finally had enough bodies to go full scrimmage since he arrived at WVU. He could afford to let the kids hit without fear of not having enough players to go if one went down with injury.

Hard to fathom…

It really is hard to fathom. I know it's been frustrating for us fans the past 2 seasons but I really can't understand how so many (my Dad included) can't grasp the reasons why we have struggled. Making the jump to a superior conference, the above mentioned depth problems (in quantity and quality), injuries to key players, which goes hand in hand with the depth dilemma. My Dad and I have this argument almost every week. He's been calling for Holg's head since the end of the 2012 season. Without my homer googles on, I really sincerely believe this will be a surprisingly, successful season. I'm not naive to think we'll win the conference or even place in the top 3 but we will see all around improvement.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your Dad related to our Poppy?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angus came here after Florida pulled their offer due to his grades. Hopefully he will pan out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU has been able to provide a 2-3 man depth chart.

But, when your 3 man is a true freshman… and he is forced into action due to injury…

IMO, Dana has developed some quality depth at most positions. And, those which are still weak… look very promising for the future…

We have a true freshman starting on our D-Line.

:yahoo:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that!