• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed in the loss, but I see improvement and potential

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Not thrilled about the play-calling or performance by Trickett at the end (whichever was at fault for that 2013-esque performance). But there were definitely some positives to take away from this game. Hopefully we can build on this.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed in the loss, but I see improvement and potential

I do to, I don't think the defense is going to be as good as they were touted. I think they will end up improved like maybe top 50 defense.

I don't see what Holgerson see's in Trickett. He showed some good things at times, but inconstant not very accurate at times. Shelton Gibson was a disappointment to me. He can't catch, he came in with such great praises. Most of the receivers are having problems catching, but many passes were to high or behind them.

All in All I have confidence that this team will be better then last year, and is headed in the right direction. I think we will win between 6-8 games.

We lost a game that we were supposed to lose, but we were competitive.

I still hate the stack.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that sucked! Too many dropped passes.

I thought the offense looked good except the dropped balls. Clint looked really solid except the last possession.

Another....coulda...shoulda....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many drops and no where near enough of a pass rush (what's new). Fix those two things and it's a win IMO. Gotta go to work before conference play.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how anyone could make a negative comment about Trickett. The kid threw for close to 400 yds, and had receivers drop a ton of passes. Hell...he could have had 500 yd passing against a top 10 defense today.

Jeighmonee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how anyone could make a negative comment about Trickett. The kid threw for close to 400 yds, and had receivers drop a ton of passes. Hell...he could have had 500 yd passing against a top 10 defense today.

I agree. He hung in there and looked pretty poised when things broke down. A few times he threw the ball too hard, but still should have completed about 70% of his passes if it weren't for the drops. I'm not sure what was up with that last drive, but all in all I'd give him a B- on the day. Not bad.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be expecting to much out of him, there were several deep balls that were flat over thrown, there were many passes that were thrown behind the receivers. On the short stuff with time, he was on for the most part. But after all the hype that was said about him, I thought he was an average QB. I wouldn't call him bad, but I would also not call him good.

The receivers except for White could not catch worth a shit. I don't see at this point why there was so much hype when we were recruiting Gibson. I hope he can turn it around and become what he claimed he was.

I don't think Bama is the number 2 team. I think they will lose 3 games at least.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I liked a lot of what I saw today, but saw areas needing work as well. Trickett looked like a great QB at times, but looked like a deer in the headlights down the stretch. Receivers, CATCH!!!! the ball, three more catches and this could have been an upset for the year. Defenders need to learn to tackle, the 3rd and 13 with 5 missed tackles for a 38 yard gain was ridiculous. NEXT week will tell the tale of this years team, they have competed well with the big names on the schedule the last two years, then stunk it up against the "lesser" teams.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I liked a lot of what I saw today, but saw areas needing work as well. Trickett looked like a great QB at times, but looked like a deer in the headlights down the stretch. Receivers, CATCH!!!! the ball, three more catches and this could have been an upset for the year. Defenders need to learn to tackle, the 3rd and 13 with 5 missed tackles for a 38 yard gain was ridiculous. NEXT week will tell the tale of this years team, they have competed well with the big names on the schedule the last two years, then stunk it up against the "lesser" teams.

:clap:Bravo!:clap: Somewhat surprised, but:clap:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you ever put your personnel vendettas aside and just support the Mountaineers? I am not a coach or player, just a fan and saw many positive things today. Try and look at the good rather than always looking for the bad

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you ever put your personnel vendettas aside and just support the Mountaineers? I am not a coach or player, just a fan and saw many positive things today. Try and look at the good rather than always looking for the bad

This IS actually a positive post for him. He actually saw and liked some things that he saw today. Not sure what they were, but he admitted that he saw some good things. Baby steps, Bat, baby steps.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IS actually a positive post for him. He actually saw and liked some things that he saw today. Not sure what they were, but he admitted that he saw some good things. Baby steps, Bat, baby steps.

LOL. I stand corrected.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU showed today that we can play with anybody. Player wise and talent wise we are not that far off from an elite team. We also saw something that has plagued this team for the past two years, 4 th qtr execution. The defense put us in position but we could not seal the deal on offense. Bad snap and 2-3 big drops kept this game from being really close to a win.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be expecting to much out of him, there were several deep balls that were flat over thrown, there were many passes that were thrown behind the receivers. On the short stuff with time, he was on for the most part. But after all the hype that was said about him, I thought he was an average QB. I wouldn't call him bad, but I would also not call him good.

The receivers except for White could not catch worth a shit. I don't see at this point why there was so much hype when we were recruiting Gibson. I hope he can turn it around and become what he claimed he was.

I don't think Bama is the number 2 team. I think they will lose 3 games at least.

There is only 1 other QB that has thrown for more yards against Bama since Saban's arrival. Johnny Football.

Whether Bama loses 3 games or finishes #2 is irrelevant. They are one of the nation's top defenses with two of the greatest defensive minded coaches in Smart and Saban on the sidelines.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only 1 other QB that has thrown for more yards against Bama since Saban's arrival. Johnny Football.

Whether Bama loses 3 games or finishes #2 is irrelevant. They are one of the nation's top defenses with two of the greatest defensive minded coaches in Smart and Saban on the sidelines.

I seen that, I guess that could have contributed to him missing a couple wide open touchdowns, maybe the fear of getting hurt again may be playing in the back of his mind, making him pull the trigger a little quicker. I may be expecting to much for the first game against a quality opponent. We will see as the year goes on.

Like I said I may be expecting to much. Especially with all the preseason hype and watching Geno for 3 years throwing to receivers that can catch. But there was several wide open opportunities that he choked on.

As the season progresses it will tell, and I for one hope that I was expecting to much. You won't find anyone more then me that wants to see him succeed. I want the entire team to succeed.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno choked on as many passes against quality opponents as Clint did tonight. I don't understand your POV.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno choked on as many passes against quality opponents as Clint did tonight. I don't understand your POV.

What is there to understand? at first I said in my opinion he looked average at best, you pointed out how good Sabans Defense has been, I said MAYBE I WAS EXPECTING TO MUCH. That is not hard to understand.

As the year goes on we will see where both of these teams end up.

The Defense still not knowing how to tackle and not being able to stop them on third down is the most concerning to me. They were on that field a long time. They missed 8 tackles on one play. The announcers counted them it in slow motion replay.

Some of both of my concerns could be a good first opponent, first game, and big game jitters.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense still not knowing how to tackle and not being able to stop them on third down is the most concerning to me. They were on that field a long time. They missed 8 tackles on one play. The announcers counted them it in slow motion replay. .
I will say this as it was pointed out by Tony on air... Bama's O-line had a 50 pound advantage on our D line... There's a reason they're ranked #2 in the country. That said, yes, we have to get off the field on 3rd downs. Considering how many times we were inches short of stopping them, I chalk a lot of it up to this just being a great opponent.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how many times we were inches short of stopping them, I chalk a lot of it up to this just being a great opponent.

:10:

I agree, defense played tough. Not many teams even the ones ranked #1 and #2 play perfect games.