• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama Game Thread

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this as it was pointed out by Tony on air... Bama's O-line had a 50 pound advantage on our D line... There's a reason they're ranked #2 in the country. That said, yes, we have to get off the field on 3rd downs. Considering how many times we were inches short of stopping them, I chalk a lot of it up to this just being a great opponent.

I agree with you to a point. Bama has all the credentials of being a #2 team on paper. With the SEC mentality of "we just reload", it didn't bare out for me. Before the game, my mind hoped that we can make it a respectable game, while my heart was stating a victory. This game gave me too much hope for the season. We had opportunities to win that game and did not capitalize on them. We took every shot they gave us and responded. As I mentioned in another thread, Okie St looked good versus FSU. Are we really this good (with some polishing needed) or was Bama that bad? I guess we will see over the next 3 weeks.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I hated to see on defense on third down, be it 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 13 was that the secondary, just as last year, made their stand beyond the chain. I was pleased with the effort, but we will see if the effort is still there against weaker opponents. We have played really well against the good teams on the schedule the last few years, but just gone through the motions against the teams we should beat.