• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Balderon trade options

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers losing Billups
Lakers needing help

Do we keep him? He is actually very good for his contract now
Does he want to stay?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colangelo is going to try to dump Jose if a deal comes along. He'd be crazy not too. There are some teams that may be able to contend this year and have a big hole to fill at the PG position. Hopefully they'll be dumb enough to overlook Jose's contract (which only has one year left) and trade us back some expirings.

In a perfect world, we would sign Jennings, get Y2Jaundice and Harrison Barnes to start next season. That would be so epic. LIGHTS OUT

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes the raps move balderon, way to boring and bad on the break. Hopefully he pee's out 20 dimes today against la buts its not looking good so far

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok, its official, the lakers are totally horned for a balderon trade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jennings exploring big markets, is Toronto an option?

Brandon Jennings has recently revealed to ESPN’s Chris Broussard that he is considering bigger markets when his rookie contract expires.

“I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,” Jennings said in an email interview. “I’m doing my homework on big-market teams.”

Jennings, 22, is in his third NBA season and will be eligible to sign a long-term contract extension with Milwaukee this summer. Jennings can become an unrestricted free agent in 2014 if he signs a qualifying offer after next season. ESPN

The Bucks situation appears to be very toxic, with Stephen Jackson and Beno Udrih not happy with their current roles on the team. People have widely speculated that the young point guard has been purposely tanking games.

Jennings is best buds with fellow Compton, California native DeMar DeRozan and professed his love for the city of Toronto on Twitter.

@BRAND0NJENNINGS Brandon Jennings
If you could be from another city. What City would it be??? Or State?

I’m from #California so I’m good…. But if I had to pick I would say #Toronto….

RT @TheRealJudah @BRAND0NJENNINGS Why Toronto? The city is amazing!!!! And the women are beautiful

@ekoreen Eric Koreen
Jennings on his Toronto love: “I just love the city of Toronto, man. … The people are great here. There’s always something to do.”

He is having an All-Star caliber year, which will make it tougher to trade for him. John Hammond, GM of the Bucks, will most likely ask for DeMar DeRozan. If not DeRozan, they will ask for the 2012 pick to be included, which would obviously be a huge no-no as the Raptors are purposely tanking for a high lottery pick.

The Raptors, at this point, don’t have a lot of blue chip prospects available to throw at Milwaukee. Jerryd Bayless’, Ed Davis’ and Amir Johnson’s numbers have all taken a hit this season and don’t have the same appeal they had after the end of last season.

Davis had a successful rookie campaign and was thought of to be a good trade chip during the offseason, but has seen his production go down due to inconsistent minutes. James Johnson is also another candidate that can possibly be included in a deal for Jennings, however the Bucks’ roster is littered with guys at his position.

The Raptors could also make it easier on the Bucks by taking on someone like Stephen Jackson, but the volatile Jackson does more harm than good on a young roster.

It’s no secret that Bryan Colangelo is looking for a long-term solution at the point guard position. He has already passed on Jennings once in the 2009 draft, but I don’t think he will pass him up again if he can get him for the right dea

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WHAT A WHOORE JENNINGS IS!

we'll take him, anyone on the roster is available except sloppy ed davis

ps: don't tell jennings playing for the raps means being cut off from the us market

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Smith weighs in:

THREE POINTERS

Kobe lobbies, or praises.

You decide.

Asked if he was surprised by Jose Calderon, after his own Porous Laker Point Guards had been scorched for a career-high 30 from Calderon, this is what Bryant had to say:

“No. I know he can do that. You're impressed when you don't expect a player to have games like that. I fully expect that from him. He's a great player. He's always been one of my favourite point guards. So it wasn't surprising at all.”

Now, you know Kobe knows that somehow Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak is going to see that quote and that’s might be what it was all about.

But – and this is big – people who know these things and make these decisions tell me that there is no fit whatsoever with the Lakers for Calderon – and just as important, he doesn’t fit into the Lamar Odom trade exception the Lakers still have – so it’s a non-starter.

And you tell me: After watching Calderon the last little while (17 assists one game, 14 assists and zero turnovers another, a career-high 30 on Sunday) why in the world would they want to move him.

Don’t give his salary as a reason – the Raptors can still get to about $15 million to spend next summer and still have his then-expiring contract as a trade chip if they want – and the way he’s playing, it’s, to me at least, a ridiculous notion to move him. He’d be quite content being a backup next season and I want a guy like that on my team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a bunch of crap. We're just delaying the inevitable.Why keep Jose when his value and production has already peaked? Either we let his contract expire next season and he'll sign with a contender or we can try to dump him now for whatever value he has left? Sounds likes a no-brainer to me.

Here's how I see it, trade Jose to Lakers for Odom's 8.9 million TPE and Fisher's 3 million contract. We then waive Fisher, have the most TPE in NBA history and throw all of Colangelo's charm at Jennings.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
agreed, dump him. His hammy is going to blow out any time and kobe is more horned than mike brown feeding his ebony pron addiction after a lakers win

for the record though, balderon out dueled kobe last game. Kobe just didn't have to deal with roseanne on his team going 1-20 with zero calls again

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jose Calderon’s Value Continues to Rise?
By HOOPSWORLD

On the list of missions accomplished in the first half of the Toronto Raptors’ schedule, getting Jose Calderon to play up his trade value must surely be at the top.

Yet when general manager Bryan Colangelo and head coach Dwane Casey and his staff do their blue-skying for next season, and figure out the point-guard ‘what-ares’ in the upcoming draft, the trade ‘might-be’s’ and free-agent possibilities, they may well reach an obvious conclusion: the Raptors might be best-served keeping Calderon.

“We’re trying to hold on to him and keep him, but he has played his way into a very high status as a point guard,” Casey said Wednesday, before the Raptors beat the Detroit Pistons 103-93 to hit the halfway point of the NBA’s condensed 66-game regular-season schedule with a .303 winning percentage (10-23.) “A lot of teams have been calling and wanting him.”

via Jeff Blair of The Globe and Mail