• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G and Pac12 should be banned from playoff

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I may have my foot in the mouth if the SEC does the same thing. The SEC is talking about keeping the in-state ACC matchups but dropping the other games. (I think each SEC school maybe allowed 1 OOC game against an in-state opponent. This rule is of course in place to keep the Georgia-Georgia Tech, Florida-FSU, Clemson-South Carolina, and Louisville-Kentucky rivalries intact).
I thought it was odd when the smoke started on twitter about the SEC doing 10 conf games only. I would hope UT/LSU is salvageable but not holding my breath at the moment

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was odd when the smoke started on twitter about the SEC doing 10 conf games only. I would hope UT/LSU is salvageable but not holding my breath at the moment

I tell you what could work and should be played is Texas vs. Texas A&M. This might be the perfect year to bring that game back.

Similar, perhaps Missouri could get an exception to play Kansas since they are close to being in-state (just border states).

If Tennessee is only allowed 1 OOC game, I would love to see them play either Virginia Tech or Memphis.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, if we are not going to do OOC games, I think they should go ahead and cancel post season and we only have Conference Champions versus an actual National Champion. We run into a major issue having 5 major conferences but only 4 playoff spots.
No, the committee will chose again and most of the time this shit works itself out over the course of the season. We'll cross that bridge in December

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what could work and should be played is Texas vs. Texas A&M. This might be the perfect year to bring that game back.
aggy doesn't want it.. the AD just said so yesterday on twitter

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a fuck what any of you dipshits think.

Any kind of football this fall will be more than welcomed by me.
Not that I want any of these kids to get sick, but it would be nostalgic and a little interesting if we wound up seeing a lot of two way players for portions of the games.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want any of these kids to get sick, but it would be nostalgic and a little interesting if we wound up seeing a lot of two way players for portions of the games.
There is some high school football being played in small town in the panhandle you would LOVE to see sir.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was using the AP 25.. but the CFP won works for me too.. Herman has had success with that poll too. Guess TOm is on the rise

What's Herman's record against opponents that finished in the top 10 of the CFP rankings?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, Herman went 0-3 last year alone.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played 36 games against teams that finished in the top10 of the CFP? I find that hard to believe.

Has he even won 33 games since he's been at Texas? Or was that his record at Houston?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his time at Texas:

2019: 0-3
2018: 2-1
2017: 0-2

Compared to Cristobal's time at Oregon:
2-0

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some high school football being played in small town in the panhandle you would LOVE to see sir.
Heck yeah. Until you get to 4A-5A, a lot of kids play both ways. TBH, there are a lot of 5A-6A teams that should play more of them both ways IMHO. They can be "spot rested" if they need a blow.

One of you former Longhorn and NFL Lions/Cowboys/Bears wide receiver Roy Williams played high school ball at 6-A Odessa Permian. He played wide receiver and safety and was on the kick off teams. (He did get to rest on punt, punt return and kickoff return teams) I saw him play several games in high school and it didn't seem to bother him at all.

The best "old school" two way performance I've seen since they moved to finals to Jerry's World was kid named Hagen Hutchinson from 2A Stamford. He was James Washington's...who also played in that game... (Okie Lite/Pittsburgh Steeler receiver) high school QB. He was the Offensive AND Defensive MVP in the the champsionship game. Kid was so tired he couldn't hardly even make it through the post game interview. He threw for TDs, ran for TDs, intercepted passes and made a shit pot full of tackles at safety...more than he should have had to make.