• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B/R ranks CFB Top 10 Tailgates

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nutswing:

7. Washington

1. Assuming the season starts in March or later, the temperature should at least be comparable to November games in Seattle.

Oh, it's probably going to rain. That's OK, you won't melt. Just be prepared with an extra layer, and you'll be all right.

Looking at the accompanying photo, this one should be obvious. Washington boasts a special way to party: sailgating. Husky Stadium is right on Union Bay, and B/R's Connor Rogers can hardly say enough good things about his experiences.

"The concept of pulling up in the boat and getting dropped off at the stadium is absolutely incredible," Rogers said. "It's like your own little island. ... People are very friendly and accommodating. They're throwing beers from boat to boat, making all kinds of food.

"If you're looking to experience something so different, you have to go to Washington."

374e008f67d66edb9898b368fa9fbed8_crop_exact.jpg

huskystadium9.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nutswing:

7. Washington

1. Assuming the season starts in March or later, the temperature should at least be comparable to November games in Seattle.

Oh, it's probably going to rain. That's OK, you won't melt. Just be prepared with an extra layer, and you'll be all right.

Looking at the accompanying photo, this one should be obvious. Washington boasts a special way to party: sailgating. Husky Stadium is right on Union Bay, and B/R's Connor Rogers can hardly say enough good things about his experiences.

"The concept of pulling up in the boat and getting dropped off at the stadium is absolutely incredible," Rogers said. "It's like your own little island. ... People are very friendly and accommodating. They're throwing beers from boat to boat, making all kinds of food.

"If you're looking to experience something so different, you have to go to Washington."

374e008f67d66edb9898b368fa9fbed8_crop_exact.jpg

huskystadium9.jpg
Well they have the social distancing down.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a ragin cajun vs LSU game in BR back in 2003.. I was wearing my longhorns cap and they gave me some trash talk.. then served my wife and I gumbo and pork ribs.. I had an awesome time, and this was against Lousiana Lafayette lol

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a ragin cajun vs LSU game in BR back in 2003.. I was wearing my longhorns cap and they gave me some trash talk.. then served my wife and I gumbo and pork ribs.. I had an awesome time, and this was against Lousiana Lafayette lol

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I've been to 6 of the top 10 on this list. 7 if you count Ole Miss @ Jackson.

Granted, I'm not a tailgater, but they are all the same to me. What I mean is that if you are at a great tailgate, doesn't matter where you are.

That being said, @ LSU and @ Ohio State are both really grand to see, but I am just as happy under a tent @ Purdue, @ Cal or @ Iowa State.

Last edited:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I've been to 6 of the top 10 on this list. 7 if you count Ole Miss @ Jackson.

Granted, I'm not a tailgater, but they are all the same to me. What I mean is that if you are at a great tailgate, doesn't matter where you are.

That being said, @ LSU and @ Ohio State are both really grand to see, but I am just as happy under a tent @ Purdue, @ Cal or @ Iowa State.
My best friend went to the Texas @tosu game in 2005.. He said that was the WORST group of fans on earth. From the time they got there, they had people insulting them cuss words and bottle caps thrown at them for wearing burnt orange. Said the worst part was leaving, pretty much had to fight to get out.
I went to the tailgating the following seasons game in Austin. I didn't go in to watch the game but we tailgated. A lot of tosu fans were there but nobody I saw treated them bad at all. A few came to our beer tent and told us it was ugly a year ago but not to let "a few" bad apples ruin it for the rest.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baton Rouge is a sweaty, smelly toilet and LSU fans are the drunkest I've ever seen. Like shitty drunk. I'd say your experience was exceptional. Tiger Stadium is the biggest drunk tank in the country.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend went to the Texas @tosu game in 2005.. He said that was the WORST group of fans on earth.
Why am I not surprised? :L

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend went to the Texas @tosu game in 2005.. He said that was the WORST group of fans on earth. From the time they got there, they had people insulting them cuss words and bottle caps thrown at them for wearing burnt orange. Said the worst part was leaving, pretty much had to fight to get out.
I went to the tailgating the following seasons game in Austin. I didn't go in to watch the game but we tailgated. A lot of tosu fans were there but nobody I saw treated them bad at all. A few came to our beer tent and told us it was ugly a year ago but not to let "a few" bad apples ruin it for the rest.
I have never had an issue with Ohio State fans walking through the Tailgating area or at a Game, but I do KNOW they can be salty! That's for sure. Still a very impressive Tailgating spread, and it is my favorite place to see a CFB Game. Looking forward to @ Texas one day! I know that will be excellent and is on my short list!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the Top CFB Tailgates If We Had a Spring Season

1. LSU
2. Mississippi
3. Tennessee
4. Wisconsin
5. South Carolina
6. Texas A&M
7. Washington
8. Penn State
9. Clemson
10. Florida-Georgia
Never been to any of those places. But, I did go to with a Wisconsin alumni to their alumni tailgate when they came to the Sun Bowl back in 2000. I gotta say, those suckers can do it. They brought this big ass red/white BBQ pit rig all the way from Madison...takes a Semi to haul the thing. They commenced to cook brats, eat cheese and drink beer (and do a few more things) for two days before the game.

They know how to do it. :suds:I'd weigh 4 bills if I lived in Wisconsin....or already be dead from heart disease.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who's ever been to a Wisconsin game knows that you go to bars before the game, not a tailgate. List is invalid. Michigan has the best tailgating in the B1G.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who's ever been to a Wisconsin game knows that you go to bars before the game, not a tailgate. List is invalid. Michigan has the best tailgating in the B1G.
Agree about the Wisconsin pre-game and post-game at bars in Madison.