• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Azinger on Tiger's Swing...

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Azinger gives his opinion on why Tiger Woods has gotten worse - CBSSports.com

I've been saying it for years. I've been saying it on this board at least for the last couple years. What these so-called swing gurus are doing to his swing is flat out criminal. They want to be able to come in and put their own mark on it. The golf swing is complicated, but not that complicated.

You stay stable in the lower body; You pivot by rotating and moving behind the ball (even if your head moves a little bit); You keep your arms in tight to body; You hinge the club where the head is even with or slightly outside the hands; From here the club will be on plane if you just swing "up"; You move into impact position with hips and hands in front of the club head; And you release the club head through impact.

How he has had a jackass snake oil salesman teach him to never pivot; to keep his head still or even at times in front of the ball; Take the club back flat and inside; and hold on for dear God through impact position....

Fucking baffling. Worst swing coach in history. What foolem foley has done should be an arrestable offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out here...I've been watching golf since the mid 80s and playing since the mid 90s...has any golf swing aside from maybe Hogan's, been more scrutinized than Tiger's...I don't get it...it is what it is...it wasn't perfect in 1999 to 2002 when he seemingly could do no wrong on the course, and it's not perfect now obviously.

These so called high priced swing gurus really just want to pad their pockets...too bad Tiger hasn't won any majors under Foley, or we would see him pitching something on TV.

He will either figure this out or he won't...I think he's reached a point of depreciating returns when it comes to fine tuning a golf swing.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think half of it was all bullshit. There was way way to much money riding on Tiger for him not to play well without a reason (there has never been the need for a reason before)

When they have something to blame it on it gives the impression that it's "temporary" They can't risk millions of lost revenue if it looks like Tiger has past his prime. It's a process" ..how many times did you hear that phrase? That is Tiger, the PGA tour and the Networks saying to you at home "Don't change the channel Tiger is going to play better any second.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think half of it was all bullshit. There was way way to much money riding on Tiger for him not to play well without a reason (there has never been the need for a reason before)

When they have something to blame it on it gives the impression that it's "temporary" They can't risk millions of lost revenue if it looks like Tiger has past his prime. It's a process" ..how many times did you hear that phrase? That is Tiger, the PGA tour and the Networks saying to you at home "Don't change the channel Tiger is going to play better any second.

You're referring to the swing changes? If so, I can agree on some level with you...Foley did change a few things, but the networks are going to milk this Tiger wave until it's nothing more than a ripple.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fundamentals of a good swing:

1) create a second lever (I.e. Hinge with club head outside of hand). Tiger used to do this but not no more.

2) pivot. This requires rotating both around the lower body and BEHIND THE BALL. Tiger used to do this but foolem foley has him borderline reverse pivoting because he foolishly thinks the head has to stay still (the biggest farce in history of the golf swing).

3) swing plane. Tiger used to be on plane. Now he is BOTH flat and laid off.

4) impact position. Tiger still does this fairly well. However bs head used to be behind the ball at impact and moving forward. Now his head is even with the ball and sometimes ahead of it.

5) release the club head through impact. Tiger used to have one of the best releases in all of golf. Foolem now has him holding on for dear life.

You take someone who used to have all 5 of these, and then take 4 1/2 of them away - and you should expect nothing less than shit golf. His swing is by far, and it's not even close, the main reason he is sucking it up now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fundamentals of a good swing:

1) create a second lever (I.e. Hinge with club head outside of hand). Tiger used to do this but not no more.

2) pivot. This requires rotating both around the lower body and BEHIND THE BALL. Tiger used to do this but foolem foley has him borderline reverse pivoting because he foolishly thinks the head has to stay still (the biggest farce in history of the golf swing).

3) swing plane. Tiger used to be on plane. Now he is BOTH flat and laid off.

4) impact position. Tiger still does this fairly well. However bs head used to be behind the ball at impact and moving forward. Now his head is even with the ball and sometimes ahead of it.

5) release the club head through impact. Tiger used to have one of the best releases in all of golf. Foolem now has him holding on for dear life.

You take someone who used to have all 5 of these, and then take 4 1/2 of them away - and you should expect nothing less than shit golf. His swing is by far, and it's not even close, the main reason he is sucking it up now.

Do you really think his swing changed much from a 5 win season a yr ago?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers swing when he was young was violent, can't sustain that one thru a career. Change was needed, back and knee problems should tell one that.

1part takeaway swing is what that boy needs, "keep it simple stupid" is always my take on life, why not in the golf swing as well.

Tough to make the body due what the mind tells it to do. Called "getting older" and making adjustments.

Tigger will find the new groove, no doubt.

BTW...

Love Paul Azinger...going to be, IF NOT already, a fine golf teacher.

Last edited by a moderator: